Saints playing in Asia this summer?

doddisalegend

This might be common knowledge but I wasn't aware so thought I'd share. Have we ever done this before I don't ever recall us playing in Asia in the summer.

http://m.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/article/2064597/local-favourites-liverpool-set-come-hong-kong-premier-league-asia

Local favourites Liverpool set to come to Hong Kong for Premier League Asia Trophy

Southampton and another unnamed club also set to take part in the popular tournament, which this time will be shared with Shanghai

Exposure not only for the club in a very populous and affluent part of the world, but for Virgin Media branding purposes too I would think.

It will be a good experience for us I think.

Only problem being Liverpool no doubt we will only come back with half a squad after the tournament...

I assume this gets cancelled if (now looking very unlikely) we have early rounds of Europa league.

Good news though. Our pre season itineraries have showed a real lack of ambition while other teams have been making an effort to get a foothold in new markets. I hope this isn´t too late.

This might be common knowledge but I wasn't aware so thought I'd share. Have we ever done this before I don't ever recall us playing in Asia in the summer.

http://m.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/article/2064597/local-favourites-liverpool-set-come-hong-kong-premier-league-asia

Local favourites Liverpool set to come to Hong Kong for Premier League Asia Trophy

Southampton and another unnamed club also set to take part in the popular tournament, which this time will be shared with Shanghai

Wasn't aware of this, thanks for sharing!

Seems like increasing the clubs global brand is top of the to do list at the moment.

I assume this gets cancelled if (now looking very unlikely) we have early rounds of Europa league.

Good news though. Our pre season itineraries have showed a real lack of ambition while other teams have been making an effort to get a foothold in new markets. I hope this isn´t too late.

If we win league cup then we will have extra qualifying rounds though right?

I see cups as only way of Europe next year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...