Oriol Romeu signs new four and a half year deal!!

Wimborne_saint

Another bit of excellent news concerning a contract extension and no posts from the Usual Suspects? I guess this doesn't fit in with the anti Reed, Puel, club management agenda.

Or posters having a dig at other posters. Why let a plus get in the way of a dose of negativity eh.

A tough tackling, blood and guts fan favourite who has a great temperament and doesn't make rash tackles and get himself sent off, whilst providing great composure and ability on the ball. He's perfect!

His ability to keep possession in tight spaces and play through the lines are his best assets - perfect for a counterattacking side that will get chances if it can beat the first press.

• 3 weeks later...
Good article on the rise of a new breed of DMs. Romeu gets a mention or two.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/10/premier-league-awash-new-kind-midfielder-water-carriers-20/

Really good article. I've learnt to really appreciate defensive midfielder's as I've gotten older.

Never really had any affinity with them back in the day.

Now, players like Vic/Morgan/Romeu are some of my favourite players.

Really good article. I've learnt to really appreciate defensive midfielder's as I've gotten older.

Never really had any affinity with them back in the day.

Now, players like Vic/Morgan/Romeu are some of my favourite players.

Same as that - I think it's because it's the creative mids that get all the plaudits.

Same as that - I think it's because it's the creative mids that get all the plaudits.

Yeah, I used to love wingers & attacking midfielder's when I was a kid.

The emergence of Morgan & then Vic's arrival really put me on notice about how awesome they can be & how pivotal they could be against the bigger sides.