Manolo Gabbiadini Signs - Official

SKD

Do great footballers make great managers, or does management require a different set of skills?

Being a reasonable-to-good quality player doesn't in any way indicate an ability to judge the potential of other players.

Also thanks to Manji for info

It would suggest you have more ability to judge a decent player than someone who sits in their pants all day playing FIFA.

I regularly watch Holby City of a Tuesday evening with the good lady wife. It doesn't make me an expert on heart surgery. Southampton General are hardly going to turn to me for recruitment advice.

De Laurentiis is a mercato pro, he would eat wee Ross for breakfast! Still a way to go on this one and its getting pricy for someone who hasn't played much recently.

http://www.ultimecalcionapoli.it/calciomercato/274128/venerato-telefonata-infuocata-tra-de-laurentiis-e-lagente-di-gabbiadini-la-risposta-del-southampton-al-napoli/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Market news regarding the transfer of Manolo Gabbiadini from Naples to Southampton directly by journalist and industry expert Rai, Ciro Venerable, that during Zone 11 PM took stock of the situation.

This morning there was a call from bright tones between the agent of the player, Silvio Pagliari, and Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has not accepted the offer of Southampton for 16 million euro plus four bonus.

The blue president is willing to give Gabbiadini 17 million plus 3 divided bonus as well: one million after ten goals scored, another million at 15 and the third at 20 goals he scored during the entire duration of the contract until 2021 . Moreover De Laurentiis claims 10% on future sale of the player.

The Southampton answer is negative on 10% discount on future resale and on the base station, while the bonuses you can deal because the four million bonus offered so far would be divided into two million easily accessible and the other two are difficult to reach. Currently Pagliari and Guintoli are pressing the English club so that it can change the offer.

Price has now gone up and Napoli considering loaning him or renewing contract. Saints being trolled by De Laurentiis who knows we have an agreement with the player.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/southampton-negotiating-with-napoli-for-gabbiadini-no-agreement-yet-between-clubs

Wilson getting some experience in the big leagues of Italian negotiation, wonder when we walk away?

eb11af06418b39fe39d0939f3d4b2262.jpg

Price has now gone up and Napoli considering loaning him or renewing contract. Saints being trolled by De Laurentiis who knows we have an agreement with the player.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/southampton-negotiating-with-napoli-for-gabbiadini-no-agreement-yet-between-clubs

Wilson getting some experience in the big leagues of Italian negotiation, wonder when we walk away?

eb11af06418b39fe39d0939f3d4b2262.jpg

You seem to get excited if Saints appear to struggle with anything Saint Charlie.

I'm not too bothered about this. Players from the Italian league do not seem to suit the Prem. He seems to be more of an att mid when we need a striker, and he doesn't appear particularly match fit. At that price we should be walking away and looking elsewhere.

I know that you should not rate players on one game but since there had been some rumours about him I studied him extra when I watch Napoli-Sassuolo in November. He was just awful, running around and never seemed to be a threat. We need a goal scorer and I don't think the Gabbiadini will be that for us.

I know that you should not rate players on one game but since there had been some rumours about him I studied him extra when I watch Napoli-Sassuolo in November. He was just awful, running around and never seemed to be a threat. We need a goal scorer and I don't think the Gabbiadini will be that for us.

I watch ALOT if Italian football, in fact napoli are my Italian team and I can tell you this guy is the perfect saints signing. He's get everything we look for in a player, plus £10m fee, runs around a lot, has got good hair, easily adaptable to fit one of our generic songs what with him coming from Italy and therefore no doubt f*cking hating Pompey! He's inconsistent enough that he'll have games where we can ironically cheer him, but good enough that some days we'll label him world class. one talent he does have is decent shooting from distance so our fans who hilariously shout "shoot" when a players gets the ball 45 yards from goal will be very excited by this one. Go get him Les!

Yep, difficult to see what the fuss is all about from what I've seen. A few tidy long range goals aside he doesn't look all that but it appears the club are committed to doing a deal so they must be sure and I'll guess we'll see. Lot of clubs after him which either means there's something we're not seeing or his agent is a busy man. To be honest the Real Madrid lad looked more the kind of signing that would benefit us - despite not being particularly tall seemed very good on getting on the end of crosses which would be a bonus seeing as how we put more crosses into the box than anyone else.

I watch ALOT if Italian football, in fact napoli are my Italian team and I can tell you this guy is the perfect saints signing. He's get everything we look for in a player, plus £10m fee, runs around a lot, has got good hair, easily adaptable to fit one of our generic songs what with him coming from Italy and therefore no doubt f*cking hating Pompey! He's inconsistent enough that he'll have games where we can ironically cheer him, but good enough that some days we'll label him world class. one talent he does have is decent shooting from distance so our fans who hilariously shout "shoot" when a players gets the ball 45 yards from goal will be very excited by this one. Go get him Les!

I was sold the minute I saw his Heading, Stamina and Perspicacity stats on FIFA 17 or whatever.

Do great footballers make great managers, or does management require a different set of skills?

Being a reasonable-to-good quality player doesn't in any way indicate an ability to judge the potential of other players.

Also thanks to Manji for info

By and large I agree with you but I think you are, at least to some extent, comparing apples with pears.

So.

I would expect that all things being equal a scout with no or limited knowledge/experience and of capability level "A" would overall fare less well than another, equal scout who had the most extensive knowledge and experience. You would, I imagine, agree. Now while partly supposition it could be and probably is the case that the one who has played the game at the highest level has some knowledge of the game that gives them a greater degree of knowledge and experience than not. I do agree that those who have not can still possess a great deal of capability - it boils down to the individual. A stupid but obvious example is that most people should be able to tell if someone can kick well with both feet or only one.

Taking this into account it should be the case that e.g. Merson can actually say that a player is good or not (for example) and while others might or might not some of what he says (assuming he can actually explain it which would be a problem for PM anyway) would have a far greater degree of appreciation of certain factors than MLG could bring to bear. This is why expertise and knowledge and experience do actually have a value.

So while the argument has some validity, all things being considered someone who possesses the correct attributes and has been around football and footballers a lot (e.g. Mourinho) probably does have more overall to offer than MLG. The figures themselves might have some value but they probably don't tell you much more than you already know e.g. S Long is rapid. Well whether he's an 18 or a 17 on a computer database doesn't mean much: watching him shift his arse to get on the end of Sims' pass does.

In short, while your argument is valid I suspect that WG's also is. Furthermore, to be fair on the point I consider that by and large MLG has little to nothing to offer save that he does possess a memory and can sometimes call out those who are talking out of their backsides (this forum to a very large extent) because he actually does go and look for some information and then he uses that rather than just farts out of his mouth. As for that programme that uses the database and the fact that clubs do this isn't news to anyone who keeps even a brief eye on something that happens outside of feeding your mouth and looking at your mobile. This is a criticism aimed at many but does recognise two facts: one that too many people are too self-obsessed but two that not everyone has access to all the 'information' out there as would always be the case anyway.

So on that point thanks to Manji for the info because next time he'll post something that you might know (if you're in group 2, not 1) that I didn't.

Don't worry, with his injury record. we won't see him running around much. In fact, with all the coats and pairs of tights he need to even sit on the bench during a Seria A game, we might not see much of him at all.

Don't worry, with his injury record. we won't see him running around much. In fact, with all the coats and pairs of tights he need to even sit on the bench during a Seria A game, we might not see much of him at all.

What the **** are you on about?

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/southampton-continues-to-work-on-signing-gabbiadini-theres-optimism

Southampton continues to work on signing Manolo Gabbiadini and there is more optimism a deal will be reached. The biggest hurdle remains with the negotiation with Napoli but there could be an agreement by tomorrow. President De Laurentiis is asking for €18 million to sell the player, on the positive side for Southampton they have already agreed to terms with the striker. Gabbiadini could be on his way to the Premier League

Nothing new really but looks like it's close.

Did anyone check the directors area today? My mate who was there said there was a younger guy with some older men he didn't reckonise in there. Sitting a couple of rows behind Les.

Might be nothing, just guests of directors or a possible signing?

Did anyone check the directors area today? My mate who was there said there was a younger guy with some older men he didn't reckonise in there. Sitting a couple of rows behind Les.

Highly doubt saints would be that obvious and open with a potential new signing to let them sit in the directors box with cameras all around

Someone should buy your mate a phone with a camera so he can take a photo next time... #earlobes

:)

Can anyone enlighten me as to where he might be used with all the attacking wide players we have already?

Striker. He can play out wide but isn't a winger. Fully expect we would use him down the middle. Could be a buy with a view to reverting to the diamond long term as he could thrive in a front two also.