Manolo Gabbiadini Signs - Official

SKD

If speculation is to be believe, this transfer is gathering pace.

Not seen a great deal of Italian football for a couple of years, but from what I've seen of him he looked good at Sampdoria playing on the right, However (from what I can gather), not so good at Napoli playing through the middle.

He is capable of playing in several attacking positions (striker, attacking midfielder or as a winger on either flank). He's got a good left foot, is relatively quick and can take free kicks.

Not expecting him to be a 20+ goal CF some of us are after, however I think he'll create a lot more than he scores.

Generally a little bit wary of players coming across from Italy (I have Osvaldo and Gaston to thank for that, neither of which I think are bad players though), but I think he'll be an upgrade on anyone we currently have to play RW, so if the fee of c.£14million is accurate I think it'll be a good deal.

Any other thoughts or snippets from Italian football experts....?

Edited by SKD

Not seen a great deal of Italian football for a couple of years, but from what I've seen of him he looked good at Sampdoria playing on the right, However (from what I can gather), not so good at Napoli playing through the middle.

He is capable of playing in several attacking positions (striker, attacking midfielder or as a winger on either flank). He's got a good left foot, is relatively quick and can take free kicks.

Not expecting him to be a 20+ goal CF some of us are after, however I think he'll create a lot more than he scores.

Generally a little bit wary of players coming across from Italy (I have Osvaldo and Gaston to thank for that, neither of which I think are bad players though), but I think he'll be an upgrade on Redmond, so if the fee of c.£14million is accurate I think it'll be a good deal.

How you managed to turn a perfectly good OP into a dig at Redmond is beyond me. I cannot wait for the lad to prove you all wrong (even though, in my opinion he already has).

To answer your question though, I like the look of Gabbiadini, I think any half decent signing would give the fans a lift which can only be a good thing. We need to remember that we can't buy ready made 20 goal strikers as the few players that basically guarantee you this are worth in excess of 40 odd million at the very least.

Let's get it done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How you managed to turn a perfectly good OP into a dig at Redmond is beyond me. I cannot wait for the lad to prove you all wrong (even though, in my opinion he already has).

To answer your question though, I like the look of Gabbiadini, I think any half decent signing would give the fans a lift which can only be a good thing. We need to remember that we can't buy ready made 20 goal strikers as the few players that basically guarantee you this are worth in excess of 40 odd million at the very least.

Let's get it done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't a dig at Redmond at all, was pointing out that IMO Gabbiadini is better.

Anyway, OP changed to cheer you up :)

Doesn't mean they're similar players though.

Would say he is most similar to Boufal but left footed and will play on the right and cut inside on his stonger foot. Tadic and Redmond are generally more out and out wingers

Would imagine next year we'll line up (assuming he signs)

Boufal ----- J Rod or Austin ----- Gabbiadini

Drops into spaces well looking at the video, not pacy but can make some well timed runs, he's more of a supporting striker than a lone striker, he could work well with Jay Rod/Long doing the leg work, he offers something different and appears to have vision and a nice accurate strike on him.

I can see him scoring more than Redmond/Tadic, but he's not a 15-goal-a-season kind of striker that we're crying out for.

I'm hoping we get someone who is similar to Pelle, when we need someone to offer a physical threat/hold up the ball and worry defenders, at the moment Long/Jay Rod and to some degree Austinare far too similar.

Saints hope to wrap up the deal for the Italian striker according to sky sports just now.

13.4m up front riding to 17m on goals scored.

Has agreed personal terms already.

Some serious money... Lets hope he's more Pelle than Osvaldo.

It's funny, I thought we would either go for a Pelle-type striker or a Mane-type forward... and we actually go for one who's not like either! - Shows what I know :)

Generally a little bit wary of players coming across from Italy (I have Osvaldo and Gaston to thank for that, neither of which I think are bad players though), but I think he'll be an upgrade on anyone we currently have to play RW, so if the fee of c.£14million is accurate I think it'll be a good deal.

He's not getting any game time on the right. Redmond has more than earned his place ATM. Redmond when on the right is quality.

Will obviously give him a chance, but he doesn't seem like someone who's going to come in and score more goals than anyone else we already have here.

Also holy sh*t i'm watching Sky Sports transfer centre and they're LITERALLY using his stats from football manager whilst discussing his ability.

Will obviously give him a chance, but he doesn't seem like someone who's going to come in and score more goals than anyone else we already have here.

Also holy sh*t i'm watching Sky Sports transfer centre and they're LITERALLY using his stats from football manager whilst discussing his ability.

Its hilarious isnt it?! Heading 14...:mcinnes:

Seems well regarded but short of game time, likes a cheeky near post free kick from those clips and not one for massive celebrations by the looks of things.

Reports having him as having a very good work rate and a pretty good goals per minute rate.

I can see him as being the kind of player we go for, still quite young, has had some success but fallen a little down the pecking order at a big club. I mean worked alright with Bertrand and Romeu, albeit they were from prem clubs.

He also doesn't have Osvaldo's baggage or attitude, plus he is probably keen to prove himself.

Has a little Christian Vieri about him IMO, and from that vid looks pretty confident at finishing first time (at least on that left foot) which is probably something we lack.

From the Italian reports it sounds like the Napoli Chairman De Laurentiis keeps rejecting our offers and pushing the price higher.

Apparently we have offered a 5m loan with 15m option in the summer (presumably Euros) and he has rejected this.

Sounds like it will drag on (if it goes ahead) which is a shame as he would have been a good option from the bench on Tuesday.

Don't rate him at all. Having a really poor season. £20m+ for him is way over what he is worth. So many better players in serie a than him.

Agree with St Marco. I hope this rumour about Saints' interest in Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz is true - he looks a beast in the mould of Diego Costa - http://www.realmadridnews.com/southampton-interested-real-madrid-striker-20280?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+realmadridnewscom+%28Realmadridnews.com%29

Yep, they've been doing this for a while now. Utterly hilarious.

If this does end up happening here's a timeline of what will happen:

Week - 1-3 settling in period

Month - 1-6 piece of **** ****ing les reed lying bastard..

Month - 7+ cracking signing loved him from minute 1.

Month 24: well, on reflection it's a good price for him and what can you do? You can't make them stay.

Month 24: well, on reflection it's a good price for him and what can you do? You can't make them stay.

Month 25: He's been going downhill anyway this season, didn't look like replicating his 25 goals from last season, best we got rid. Unlucky Stoke :lol:

To be honest, it's not that bad of an idea, essentially they're getting a free scout. A lot goes into producing the stats for players (i'm sure MLG can give you details), I guess it just depends on how good the FM scout at the relevant club is.

I've heard of a few lower league clubs who use it to as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'black box' isn't something very similar

Its hilarious isnt it?! Heading 14...:mcinnes:

A large number of professional clubs use the FM database as an initial data resource. It is the largest database of footballers in the world and the biggest scouting network in the world. Prozone uses FM data.

News organisations public interviews outside stadiums etc and football "experts" like Paul Merson... so why ridicule a resource that professional clubs use?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/12/why-clubs-football-manager-scouting-tool

A large number of professional clubs use the FM database as an initial data resource. It is the largest database of footballers in the world and the biggest scouting network in the world. Prozone uses FM data.

News organisations public interviews outside stadiums etc and football "experts" like Paul Merson... so why ridicule a resource that professional clubs use?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/12/why-clubs-football-manager-scouting-tool

You were doing so well until......and football "experts" like Paul Merson... so why ridicule a resource that professional clubs use?

Really?

If this does end up happening here's a timeline of what will happen:

Week - 1-3 settling in period

Month - 1-6 piece of **** ****ing les reed lying bastard..

Month - 7+ cracking signing loved him from minute 1.

Month 25: He's been going downhill anyway this season, didn't look like replicating his 25 goals from last season, best we got rid. Unlucky Stoke :lol:

Month 26: We've not even replaced Gabbiadini...

Because we don't want to be inundated with football manager stats whilst watching the tv. If I wanted FM stats i'd buy the game. It's embarrassing.

Does Les Reed do a live video of black box stats every time we sign someone? No, because no actual football fan gives a flying **** about that info.

You were doing so well until......and football "experts" like Paul Merson... so why ridicule a resource that professional clubs use?

Really?

You misunderstand me, my point was Sky use idiots as football experts like Merson, yet everyone jumps at them when they use a resource actual clubs use for scouting.

Because we don't want to be inundated with football manager stats whilst watching the tv. If I wanted FM stats i'd buy the game. It's embarrassing.

Does Les Reed do a live video of black box stats every time we sign someone? No, because no actual football fan gives a flying **** about that info.

Making yourself sound a little bit stupid here mate. If you're not interested then why are you watching SSN?

Not every football fans wants to invest money and time playing a computer game, but most (obviously not you) football fans will be interested in the ability of a potential new signing.

As said previously, assuming the researcher is any good, the stats will be a lot more accurate than you'd expect.