Liverpool vs Saints - EFL Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg - Match Thread

Dalek2003

Half time 0-0.

We should be 3-0 up on aggregate. Liverpool restricted to just a couple of long shots (and some slightly scrappy defending from us).

My choice of 2nd half subs:

Long for JRod (who looks less than his best, though some good touches)

Err, that'll do for now. Save the rest for later.

Mark Lawrenson gets a lot of criticism on here but on the BBC text commentary he says "I lost count of the defenders Nathan Redmond has beaten. Brilliant. He slows them down and then takes them on. They are the better team, every time they come forward they create something.Liverpool are getting a footballing lesson here."

But Redmond's championship level , our forum experts told us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some sensational play by Saints. Redmond! He's suddenly looking as thrilling as Lallana or Mane at their best. Stephens a fantastic performance too. We so deserve to go through. What scares me is that if we find ourselves still 0-0 at 70 mins we may start to turn more defensive. In that scenario, I see Liverpool pulling out a goal in last 10 mins, and then another in extra time. We have to continue to press. There's a goal there for us. And when it goes in... it's game over.

What a fantastic night so far.

We are doing superbly. Stephens, Romeu, Redmond all outstanding. But FFS our finishing is fecking INFURIATINGLY bad. It's incredible really that we can be so consistently poor at the most important thing in football. We can still do this, but you just feel we are going to pay for all these opportunities p!ssed away. C'mon Saints!!!

My god we should be out of sight over these two games so far.

Terrible end product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think Pelle or mane would have converted at least one of those chances? thats the question

It's got heartbreak written all over it - the better team, missing our chances again; we won't keep Liverpool out all game.

Really good performance from the lads, though. Doing themselves proud. Redmond playing the best he ever has in a Saints shirt.

Tadic is so half assed in everything he does - such a frustrating player.

Right, back to the second half. I'll be behind the sofa if anyone needs me...

Really not the question. They chose to go elsewhere. The real question is how we're going to improve our finishing with our current players and which players we'll add this window.

And I think the answers are, with difficulty, and none at all.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk