We Are Marching On To Wembley!

Secret Site Agent

MotM vs Liverpool (EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg)  

503 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • Yoshida
    • Stephens
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • David
    • Redmond
    • Tadić
    • Rodriguez
    • Long
    • Højbjerg
    • Sims

Well done Saints! Klopp is such a poor loser.

He started by saying Congratulations to Southampton they were better team over both games and deserved to win. Don't hear Wenger and Mourinho saying that. Obviously they are all bit blinkered but he is more gracious than most

Wish we'd got the scoreline we deserved, on the other hand, the feeling when that goal went in....

Wow.

Romeu was the best player on the pitch, but for Stephens to step up like that on full debut, in a match that big, and look so composed, I went for him as MotM in the end.

Was surprised by their home support, could only hear our fans most of the game, so much for the famous Anfield atmosphere.

what are our fixtures around the final?

not got anything midweek before it, surely?

away @ sunderland the weekend before, we were due to play Arsenal at home on the 25th Feb, but now we play the final on the Sunday so that will be moved. Maybe to the mid-week after that, not sure.

Marcus' flag needs to be at Wembley imo.

Was just thinking that, a major cup final is the thing i've been waiting to cap the amazing turnaround of our club, and we've finally got it. I understand some people's frustration with Puel and tactics/rotation, but to be the first manager to deliver that is some feat, against the odds too.

Been watching Saints since 1987 when my dad took me for first time, watched us up and down the country through two relegations. League one games at Dagenham, Exeter etc etc. This season we have had San Siro and now Wembley. It doesn't get much better than this. A plea to all our younger fans to really enjoy the moment.

As per previous posts I have made throughout the season, Puel has been doing a good job with the limitations up front we all knew. He has showed in three clean sheets against the highest scoring frontline this season was an outstanding coach he is, with different back lines. Four clean sheets in last five games.

And here is the best bit.....by rotating he has enabled players to be fresh and crucially by believing in younger and so called squad players,having usied them in earlier rounds, when they are really needed they aren't cold and out of form but are ready. Think Stephens and Yoshida.

This quiet, humble and dignified Frenchman is a class act. McMenemy....Strachan.....Puel

Buzzing what a defensive display and how nice was it to see Puel only make a few changes to the lineup this past week.

Really hope me and my son as members get tickets especially since we went to the Sunderland and Liverpool game, only fair fans who went to the league cup games get priority after season ticket holders.

Amazing performance, though there were a few moments we rode our luck a few moments in second half.

Really happy for Stephens. Said before season I was hoping he'd get his chance this season, though what a pressure cooker for it to be in. Yoshida has been top quality this season, a real step up from last season. Midfield good again. Redmond scared their right back in first half which was nice to see. Happy to see the old Shane long back the last 2 games after his bundle goal against Norwich. Hope he can kick on and have impressive second half of season again.

Absolutely magic but jeez that was stressful.

My pessimistic side had it all worked out..

Saints play well - tick

Miss loads of chances - tick

Deserve to win - tick

Liverpool score a late equaliser - ti.. wait a minute.. Longy yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Cue screams and tears of confusion and joy.

Romeo, Yoshi and stephens immense and fair play to Redmond - terrorised them over two legs.

That feeling when the second goal went in sums up why I'm proud to be a fan of a team like Saints. All those plastics out there will never understand that sheer emotional overload and would view this as just another cup final, they'll never appreciate it the way we do.

That was way too much stress for someone of my advanced age and weight. It was all released when Long scored.... we still can't find the cat :)

All heroes but what a debut for young Stephens, very impressive.

I celebrate my 50 anniversary as an emotional slave to Saints this year, what a rollercoaster and a 6th trip to Wembley. Lost 3 won 2 so far, let's see if they can even the score.

That was way too much stress for someone of my advanced age and weight. It was all released when Long scored.... we still can't find the cat :)

All heroes but what a debut for young Stephens, very impressive.

I celebrate my 50 anniversary as an emotional slave to Saints this year, what a rollercoaster and a 6th trip to Wembley. Lost 3 won 2 so far, let's see if they can even the score.

correction one of those was at Cardiff, I'm too excited......