Cup Final Mosaic/ Tifo idea(s)

JackanorySFC

I think it's pretty safe to assume the Club keep an eye on this board so this could be an opportunity to get some ideas over to them to really make the most of the biggest Day for Southampton FC since 2003, and if we win the biggest day since 1976.

Recently the Club have taken to handing out those little paper flag things. Maybe I'm in the monitory here but IMO they look cheap, tacky and an even more small time version of the infamous Chelsea "plastic flags" that Liverpool still rib them about. Basically they are only good for paper aeroplanes/ darts. Whatever your thoughts are I reckon there's an opportunity to do something bigger and better on Cup Final Day.

Personally I'd like to see a great big **** off mosaic at our end of the ground. Needs to be simple, smart and poignant to make maximum impact. I'd propose red and white stripes with black lettering saying something like: "LEGEND AWAITS" or "BECOME IMMORTAL", you know the sort of stuff clubs with more creative fan bases than us come up with. Appreciate the Club would prefer to be more on message with something like #WEMARCHON but think we could/ should be more original to reflect the uniqueness of the game.

Thoughts?

I think it's pretty safe to assume the Club keep an eye on this board so this could be an opportunity to get some ideas over to them to really make the most of the biggest Day for Southampton FC since 2003, and if we win the biggest day since 1976.

Recently the Club have taken to handing out those little paper flag things. Maybe I'm in the monitory here but IMO they look cheap, tacky and an even more small time version of the infamous Chelsea "plastic flags" that Liverpool still rib them about. Basically they are only good for paper aeroplanes/ darts. Whatever your thoughts are I reckon there's an opportunity to do something bigger and better on Cup Final Day.

Personally I'd like to see a great big **** off mosaic at our end of the ground. Needs to be simple, smart and poignant to make maximum impact. I'd propose red and white stripes with black lettering saying something like: "LEGEND AWAITS" or "BECOME IMMORTAL", you know the sort of stuff clubs with more creative fan bases than us come up with. Appreciate the Club would prefer to be more on message with something like #WEMARCHON but think we could/ should be more original to reflect the uniqueness of the game.

Thoughts?

Saw someone has suggested on twitter that if the club don't allow the Markus flag, then we should create a just giving page to raise the funds to buy a new one! Pretty good idea if you ask me.

I'd love to see a massive Markus flag across the bottom tier with something like 'Markus he had a dream' as a mosaic across the top.

Make it happen Southampton FC.

Someone has suggested everyone getting their lights out on their camera, to represent that famous image of Markus holding his, on the 62nd minute (as this was his age when he passed away).

Really good idea!

I was thinking of the nipper who sadly passed away just before the Liverpool game, who we had a minutes applause for but rather remarkably also the minute we scored our 1st goal in.

How about just decking our end out in flags, messages on bedsheets etc like Cardiff 2003. Rather than the choreographed 'ultra' stuff suggested.

Definitely taking my flag along, have to say I'm not a massive fan of the fancy dress ultra sh*t. Though the camera thing isn't too bad just wonder if it'll be too light to notice it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't stand the phone light idea, it's a football match not a concert. Can't stand the pre arranged stuff, just stand, sing loudly and get on with it.

Exactly this. No need for pre planned displays. Just turn up and make a load of noise getting behind the team, simple as that.

Let's do a sweepstake for each minute of the match so we can all do something to commemorate something for the entire game.

Bagsy my dead dad for minute 11. Big SFC fans and would mean a lot to our family so definitely 30k strangers should be obliged to chant his name for a minute at Wembley.

83rd minute for Bobby Stokes, everyone clapping the linesman for a whole minute.

85th minute for Ted Bates. Minutes silence.

5th minute for the Ted Bates statue, marking the days it was up before Leon stepped in. Chant "pull it down pull it down, pull it down" for a full minute.

49th minute for Nicola Cortese, marking his height in inches. Doesn't matter if you stand or sit for this bit because no one will be quite sure anyway.

13th minute for Paul Sturrock, marking his matches in charge. Everyone spills a bit of tea or any food they have down their front.

There's a lot of minutes to fill if we are going to do this match justice.

Edited by CB Fry

Let's do a sweepstake for each minute of the match so we can all do something to commemorate something for the entire game.

Bagsy my dead dad for minute 11. Big SFC fans and would mean a lot to our family so definitely 30k strangers should be obliged to chant his name for a minute at Wembley.

83rd minute for Bobby Stokes, everyone clapping the linesman for a whole minute.

5th minute for the Ted Bates statue, marking the days it was up before Leon stepped in. Chant "pull it down pull it down, pull it down" for a full minute.

49th minute for Nicola Cortese, marking his height in inches. Doesn't matter if you stand or sit for this bit because no one will be quite sure anyway.

13th minute for Paul Sturrock, marking his matches in charge. Everyone spills a bit of tea or any food they have down their front.

How many for Markus?

Definitely taking my flag along, have to say I'm not a massive fan of the fancy dress ultra sh*t. Though the camera thing isn't too bad just wonder if it'll be too light to notice it

I liked the camera thing. Everyone remembers his smiling face taking his own photos at Wembley. Now we go back there without him.

KO is at 4:30 so should be dark by 62nd minute.

How about just decking our end out in flags, messages on bedsheets etc like Cardiff 2003. Rather than the choreographed 'ultra' stuff suggested.

Yep, or even more recently in Milan.

The photo's of our away end & down by the canal will lie with me forever. It seemed as if there were just as many flags as fans!

I really hope the fans pull together on this one. At times we can be brilliant, but we need to sing more than just OWTS as it gets tedious and embarrassing just repeating the same song.

Even if its 'Claude Puel's Red & White / Black and Grey army' for 20 minutes, something to really get the fans going! I remember the whole end singing this at Carlisle (obviously not with Puel though) for about 20/25 minutes. Real Support and sounded class!

Well that was quick "Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the flag request.

The logistics and permissions needed to take and display the flag may prevent this happening, but we will certainly explore the potential.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards "

Well that was quick "Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the flag request.

The logistics and permissions needed to take and display the flag may prevent this happening, but we will certainly explore the potential.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards "

:lol::lol:

God only knows how they transport all the their kit to and from every game.

Shall I email them back ? Obviously if the logistics and permissions stop us it will stop United ?

Pretty pathetic excuse if you ask me.

It has no advertisement or polictical statement so i can't see why the FA would object either.

• 2 weeks later...

9th minute for Peter Osgood. Minutes pointing to where the ball should have been.

66th minute for Alan Ball, Everyone dons a flat cap.

I'm just going to get really drunk and lose my voice from shouting for 90 minutes.

Now this is a man who knows how to celebrate our day at Wembley !!! If I see you I will buy you a pint, only if I'm sober enough to remember though !!!

Theme should be no colours and a minimum of 6 pints beforehand, but 10 should be the standard. Then standing and shouting/singing Saints songs (not anti-pompey songs).

Anyone who wears team colours/replica shirt should be denied entry.

What about a classic white polo shirt?

Theme should be no colours and a minimum of 6 pints beforehand, but 10 should be the standard. Then standing and shouting/singing Saints songs (not anti-pompey songs).

Whats wrong with anti-pompey songs? 'Pompey fan on a string', 'We are the Southampton the pride of the South', 'Who's fookin laughing now' nothing wrong with them, bette than singer a song about a player who is going to fook off in six months time.

Yeah, the Saints end in '03 looked proper embarrassing.

Whats wrong with anti-pompey songs? 'Pompey fan on a string', 'We are the Southampton the pride of the South', 'Who's fookin laughing now' nothing wrong with them, bette than singer a song about a player who is going to fook off in six months time.

The Pompey fan on a string song is awful.