Interesting Views from 'Pool Supporters

washsaint

Looking at RAWK, they seem to be pretty complimentary about Saints and say we fully deserved to win both games.

The most interesting thing for me was that quite a few noted that although we have played many more games than Liverpool, we looked much, much fresher and had more energy.

Despite our (many fans) frustration with the rotation policy it looks like Puel was right all along. Not only did we look fresher than Liverpool but our 'fringe' players such as Yoshi, Stephens, Sims, etc. all have game time under their belt and don't come in cold.

I hope the fans now give Puel the support he deserves for being only the 4th manager to get us to a major Cup final.

I think their form is down to missing Mane...

But I think their main issue for the 1st time in a little while is that the cup matches are meaning they are playing midweek games and it's taking it's toll on them.

It's easier playing high-pressing with 7 days rest in-between matches.

Really surprised how mellow they were after the game. Walked down the road with a few of them and normally would get a load of abuse but they let the Saints fans enjoy their victory without any verbal abuse or aggression towards us.

Stopped at Mcdonalds on the way back and although my group are all fairly slim, one rolled down the window and shouted "fat c*nts" at us before rolling the window back up. And returning to the McDonalds bag in his lap.

l but our 'fringe' players such as Yoshi, Stephens, Sims, etc. all have game time under their belt and don't come in cold.

I've said much the same thing. Imagine if both Yoshida and Stevens were starting their first games last night. Rotation has its advantages as well as disadvantages.

In my experience most Liverpool fans - especially those from the city - are fair minded and friendly. You only get problems with the types from around the country who might just as easily have supported Utd, Arsenal or whoever.

Good point

It is generally the 'Big Club' supporters who have no direct with the area the club is based who are the total arses

Good point

It is generally the 'Big Club' supporters who have no direct with the area the club is based who are the total arses

There were plenty of them on the train going up and coming back desperately trying to justify why they supported Liverpool. They were pretty patronising towards Saints on the way up, but far less cocky coming back.

Really surprised how mellow they were after the game. Walked down the road with a few of them and normally would get a load of abuse but they let the Saints fans enjoy their victory without any verbal abuse or aggression towards us.

you were lucky then,two wanted it with the group I was in and the next minute there was about ten of them,lucky to get away without an incident

I watched some of the game I recorded again last noght as I didnt see the build up etc. Watching Klopp in the before and after interviews were quite funny. All his smiles and 'charm' had been lost and the veneer had been stripped away post match lol

But I think their main issue for the 1st time in a little while is that the cup matches are meaning they are playing midweek games and it's taking it's toll on them.

Isn't this the first season in a long time that they haven't had any European football to contend with?

Stopped at Mcdonalds on the way back and although my group are all fairly slim, one rolled down the window and shouted "fat c*nts" at us before rolling the window back up. And returning to the McDonalds bag in his lap.

That's the trouble with scousers, they're so backwards their cars don't even have electric windows!

TBF we were missing Mane too, and have been all season, but it didn't affect us ;)