Transfer Deadline Day Jan 2017 Edition

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Jeremy Wilson : Southampton also resigned to missing out on Tasci + looking elsewhere for a centre-back. Gabbiadini close to complete

Gabbiadini will be an encouraging signing, and no doubt one that we need. However, the Centre Back situation is surely our most pressing need and if we fail to get one knowing since the summer that Fonte was probably leaving it is an embarrassing state of affairs.

Hypothetical question: right now' date=' if the option was taking Phil Jagielka as our centre back cover or just staying as we are, what would you do??[/quote']

Jaglielka alongside Stephens could help him. Won't happen though Koeman wouldn't entertain that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it a shock when we signed Alderwerald or was he being linked during the day? I seem to remember being surprised when he signed.....

Hopefully they have someone lined up

He was linked for a few days before, Komean said it wasn't likely a few days before he actually signed.

Gabbiadini will be an encouraging signing, and no doubt one that we need. However, the Centre Back situation is surely our most pressing need and if we fail to get one knowing since the summer that Fonte was probably leaving it is an embarrassing state of affairs.

Totally agree. We knew Fonte was disgruntled so had 6 months to look into replacements... Then we sell him & Virgil now being injured is pretty much leaving us down to bare-bones.

We of course will sign a decent CB

les reed is a man of his word and we constantly have 3+ players lined up for any eventuality

he also said that he would not even consider (let along agree) a bid for Fonte unless we had a replacement inbound

Les is rolling the dice on Stephens and our yoof coming good

No, he's not. We were targeting a centre half who got injured. Despite that hard luck we are, according to Jeremy Wilson, looking for someone else.

It looks like a big mistake to have let Fonte go without having a replacement in the bag, though.

Edited by DuncanRG

Why would you expect that? What a bizarre expectation to have.

Not an unreasonable request. I've often thought that after any game Saints lose the manager and players should go to the house of every fan that went to the game to apologise in person for their abject performance... and maybe do a bit of gardening while they are at it.

les reed is a man of his word and we constantly have 3+ players lined up for any eventuality

he also said that he would not even consider (let along agree) a bid for Fonte unless we had a replacement inbound

Les has a history of spin and white lies - see this thread http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57741-Spin-Master-Reed#.WJDj5xCrwxo

Also nice avatar :) I should have slapped a copyright on my art work :lol:

No, he's not. We were targeting a centre half who got injured. Despite that hard luck we are, according to Jeremy Wilson, looking for someone else.

It looks like a big mistake to have let Fonte go without having a replacement in the bag, though.

a blind mute could have told you that

He didn't say that

Prepare to be disappointed.

He didn't say that

he said this....

He certainly won’t leave on the basis that he can just go.

“We would not consider releasing him unless there was a decent transfer fee and secondly that we were in a position to replace him. If anybody comes along on the last day of the transfer window it’s not going to happen

Not an unreasonable request. I've often thought that after any game Saints lose the manager and players should go to the house of every fan that went to the game to apologise in person for their abject performance... and maybe do a bit of gardening while they are at it.

Is it a request or your expectation. I would never expect that to happen.

he said this....

In his mealy-mouthed defence, Les would claim that doesn't mean we'll bring a player in. It only means we'll be in a position to replace Fonte, namely we'll give ourselves enough time to find a replacement. Whether we do so and get a deal over the line is another matter.

In his mealy-mouthed defence, Les would claim that doesn't mean we'll bring a player in. It only means we'll be in a position to replace Fonte, namely we'll give ourselves enough time to find a replacement. Whether we do so and get a deal over the line is another matter.

agree. but we all know what he was hinting at/wanted us to believe