Transfer Deadline Day Jan 2017 Edition

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

I think Sims, McQueen and Stephens are look good enough playing alongside senior pros. Not sure about the rest.

I'd agree about the first two. Not yet sure about Stephens (although he played amazingly well against Liverpool), and would have preferred a bit of experience in such a key position. Any likelihood of a freebie CB? Anyone know? Looks very bad at the mo. The least the club could do is let us know about VVD, surely, rather than 'Saints to wear white at Wembley'....

I think Sims, McQueen and Stephens are look good enough playing alongside senior pros. Not sure about the rest.

Players need to be good enough in every situation, not just when they're playing in a side with 10 world cup winners.There are times when they'll be isolated in virtually every game and if they're not good enough in those situations you might as well start with 9 or 10 men. A side is never better than it's weakest link.

we had a leader who had just won the european friggin champioships.

we ship him out early doors (whilst dropping him from every european game)

now look.

what a mess. From Fonte and VvD to Stephen and Yoshida. Given that it is puel's disturbingly boring game plan to defend and nick a goal. We are in the shyt

IF we stay up, dread to think the state of our team after the summer

VvD is as good as gone

Rom and Bertrand - will do well to keep them here

there is bound to be someone not on the radar who all of a sudden throws a wobbly (according to Jeremy Wilson) and needs to leave

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-53noRc-o32hMPtYAspxcZTvf_4G_BKaRkpZwEtND-m5DLQhL

I'd agree about the first two. Not yet sure about Stephens (although he played amazingly well against Liverpool), and would have preferred a bit of experience in such a key position. Any likelihood of a freebie CB? Anyone know? Looks very bad at the mo. The least the club could do is let us know about VVD, surely, rather than 'Saints to wear white at Wembley'....

Jeremy Wilson has revealed that VvD is out for the Final. The club knew this but were keeping stum in case other clubs bumped their prices knowing we were desperate.

Players need to be good enough in every situation, not just when they're playing in a side with 10 world cup winners.There are times when they'll be isolated in virtually every game and if they're not good enough in those situations you might as well start with 9 or 10 men. A side is never better than it's weakest link.

Who's talking about ten world cup winners those three youth players have performed well when mixed into the first team. My point was more about the Arsenal game when they were all thrown into together with a second string and no on pitch leadership were they all looked poor.

Edited by doddisalegend

Jeremy Wilson has revealed that VvD is out for the Final. The club knew this but were keeping stum in case other clubs bumped their prices knowing we were desperate.

Well as we didn't sign any defenders I'd guess it's all a bit academic. Anyway other clubs would know VvD's situation as well as anyone from the press..

Edited by Window Cleaner

Well that worked then lol. The folly of the statement that Fonte would not be sold unless........

The Daily Mail did an article on some of the deals that did not go through yesterday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4180216/Inside-story-January-transfers-didn-t-happen.html

Here's what they said about Tasci:

"SERDAR TASCI

Spartak Moscow to Southampton

The 29-year-old Germany international was due to fly to Southampton at the weekend for what seemed a straightforward loan move, even though Spartak were pushing for a permanent deal. He failed to turn up for his first scheduled flight but came over on Monday for talks with a pre-arranged deal set. However, he failed to agree terms as he looked for around £3m in wages tax free. Crystal Palace moved to hijack the deal but balked at his demands also."

The Daily Mail did an article on some of the deals that did not go through yesterday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4180216/Inside-story-January-transfers-didn-t-happen.html

"SERDAR TASCI

The 29-year-old Germany international was due to fly to Southampton at the weekend for what seemed a straightforward loan move, even though Spartak were pushing for a permanent deal. He failed to turn up for his first scheduled flight but came over on Monday for talks with a pre-arranged deal set. However, he failed to agree terms as he looked for around £3m in wages tax free. Crystal Palace moved to hijack the deal but balked at his demands also."

Ridiculous. You'd think his wages were probably something we would ask him about prior to flying him over here and not having any back up deals. So poorly done. I don't understand how some football clubs are run so haphazardly considering the amount of money involved and how visible they are in the public eye.

"SERDAR TASCI

Seems to conflict with the story that he suffered a last minute injury.

Ridiculous. You'd think his wages were probably something we would ask him about prior to flying him over here and not having any back up deals. So poorly done. I don't understand how some football clubs are run so haphazardly considering the amount of money involved and how visible they are in the public eye.

What do we know? Maybe he upped his demands at the last minute.

Its these small details that insult the fans. We are asked to pay £55-60 for a shirt and fortunes on travel and tickets and the club will jusy fly a footballer 1st class no doubt without even having a brief chat on the phone first?

Flight probably cost us £5k or approximately 100 replica shirts.

Think we'd be horrified if we saw the types of money being wasted at this club (every club)

We like to mock WHU for there transfer dealings but the more i see and hear about ours it seems proper amateur hour.

Perhaps Les needs to deligate more? He quotes his "im in charge of EVERYTHING" mantra at every opportunity

Maybe he said, "yeah, £2m is fine" and then when he turned up he said, "actually, I want £3m after tax". Who knows?

"SERDAR TASCI

I somewhat doubt this, maybe it's just me misunderstanding.

So are they saying that he wanted £3m for the rest of the season (about 4 months so roughly £750k a week, clearly not this) or for the length of a permanent deal (lets say 2 year deal, that's about £29k a week). If true, i'm assuming it's the latter, and we can't afford this than maybe we're in a worse financial state than everyone anticipated.

So are they saying that he wanted £3m for the rest of the season (about 4 months so roughly £750k a week, clearly not this) or for the length of a permanent deal (lets say 2 year deal, that's about £29k a week). If true, i'm assuming it's the latter, and we can't afford this than maybe we're in a worse financial state than everyone anticipated.

Maybe it was £3m p.a. for a pre-agreed permanent deal to take effect at the end of the loan. £3m p.a. after tax would be about £110k gross a week. So if that's what he wanted, then he wanted to be our best paid player (by some distance).

Just flying back from Copenhagen. Been out of the loop re: Saints news the last few days. Anything happened whilst I've been away...?

We`ve signed a striker and a goalkeeper, Les Reed is still clueless as is Puel ;)

The trolling has gathered pace and the same things are being posted over and over :scared:

Maybe it was £3m p.a. for a pre-agreed permanent deal to take effect at the end of the loan. £3m p.a. after tax would be about £110k gross a week. So if that's what he wanted, then he wanted to be our best paid player (by some distance).

fair point, would make a lot more sense. Still ridiculous however!

Well if that last bit about Palace (bearing mind Palace don't seem to be the sort of club that give a monkeys about finances) also balking at his demands is true then maybe it was this.

Eh? Seems pretty most likely to me that '£3m in wages' is an annual figure. The 'tax free' bit is ambiguous, but £3m a year after tax is over £100,000 a week for the club. If that's what he demanded I'm neither surprised nor disappointed that we dropped the deal.

Eh? Seems pretty most likely to me that '£3m in wages' is an annual figure. The 'tax free' bit is ambiguous, but £3m a year after tax is over £100,000 a week for the club. If that's what he demanded I'm neither surprised nor disappointed that we dropped the deal.

Agree but could we not have found this out before the 11th hour?

We`ve signed a striker and a goalkeeper, Les Reed is still clueless as is Puel ;)

The trolling has gathered pace and the same things are being posted over and over :scared:

So they are trolls because they don't share your view of everything is going great? Has it not occurred to you that you are actually the troll because nobody else shares your view? We are joint last in the form guide. Stop talking like anyone who thinks that isn't good enough is some kind of idiot.

So they are trolls because they don't share your view of everything is going great? Has it not occurred to you that you are actually the troll because nobody else shares your view? We are joint last in the form guide. Stop talking like anyone who thinks that isn't good enough is some kind of idiot.

No, because they post the same thing over and over, nothing to do with views, READ the post and try to underdstand, play the post not the poster...

No, because they post the same thing over and over, nothing to do with views, READ the post and try to underdstand, play the post not the poster...

But your posts are all the same. Moaning about trolls and people moaning.

What do you actually think about the transfer deadline day?

We absolutely should have signed a CB in January. Moreover, we should have done before, or with a day or two of, selling Jose to West Ham. We were even told Jose wouldn't be sold until we were in a position to replace him. To my mind, that means a deal agreed with the replacement player and his club.

Whether that should have been Sakho is another matter. But, let's presume he was our first choice (given all the media reports): It was reported we wanted a loan deal with option to buy, exactly what Palace have. I could have understood it if Palace had bought him outright, that would have shown we missed out because we were unprepared to take that initial gamble; but that isn't the case. He has gone to Palace on exactly the type of deal we wanted. That simply tells me that either we didn't want pay such a big loan fee or that we didn't want to pay all of his wages, or both. i.e. decision taken for financial reasons, not squad reasons. That could be an expensive decision. The £2m fee is what 1 or 2 places higher up the league table; let's see how many points we drop before VvD is back, or, God forbid, what happens if Maya picks up an injury/gets suspended. As for his wages, he was (supposedly) meant to be the replacement for Jose; therefore, we can deduct Jose's saved salary - so he, effectively, would have cost us an extra 20/25k per week. Big gamble.

As for Gabbiadini, great news; but we should have signed him, or a player of his ilk, in August - and not just gone for one who we knew would only manage a handful of matches fr us between then and the beginning of February!

But your posts are all the same. Moaning about trolls and people moaning.

What do you actually think about the transfer deadline day?

Ok Charlie wrong but whatever you say :yawn:

We have signed a decent striker and a backup keeper who i know little about as far as the cb situation i suspect we tried hard but were unable

to secure who we were trying for.

I did read the post. It's the same as every post you write. We get it you don't agree with what the vast majority thinks, you consider them trolls. A troll is a poster who posts unpopular remarks with the intention of trying to annoy people. As mentioned we are joint bottom of the form table. To say people are trolls for not being happy with that is insane. It is as you said trolling. That is why nobody takes you seriously and why most probably wished you were still banned. Rather than slag people off, offer an opinion on why you think they are wrong. Don't just play the troll card.

We absolutely should have signed a CB in January. Moreover, we should have done before, or with a day or two of, selling Jose to West Ham. We were even told Jose wouldn't be sold until we were in a position to replace him. To my mind, that means a deal agreed with the replacement player and his club.

Whether that should have been Sakho is another matter. But, let's presume he was our first choice (given all the media reports): It was reported we wanted a loan deal with option to buy, exactly what Palace have. I could have understood it if Palace had bought him outright, that would have shown we missed out because we were unprepared to take that initial gamble; but that isn't the case. He has gone to Palace on exactly the type of deal we wanted. That simply tells me that either we didn't want pay such a big loan fee or that we didn't want to pay all of his wages, or both. i.e. decision taken for financial reasons, not squad reasons. That could be an expensive decision. The £2m fee is what 1 or 2 places higher up the league table; let's see how many points we drop before VvD is back, or, God forbid, what happens if Maya picks up an injury/gets suspended. As for his wages, he was (supposedly) meant to be the replacement for Jose; therefore, we can deduct Jose's saved salary - so he, effectively, would have cost us an extra 20/25k per week. Big gamble.

As for Gabbiadini, great news; but we should have signed him, or a player of his ilk, in August - and not just gone for one who we knew would only manage a handful of matches fr us between then and the beginning of February!

Completely agree, I don't buy all the nonsense about his wage demands are too high. Lets not be naïve, clubs and agents talk all the time, Saints will know exactly what wage demands a player will want before they even approach the clubs they are playing for. It's not like they do all the hard work and then when they're sitting round the table thrashing out the deal the player then says "I want £110k a week" saints then reply "sorry we can only go to £60k a week, adios"

We've known Fonte wanted out for six months, we have all these claims that we know who we want replace out going players long before they leave, we've always got stacks of players lined up etc, will this has been proven to be utter bo*llocks. The reality is that because we didn't have anyone lined up we were over a barrel and you cant blame agents for trying to squeeze a few extra quid out if they cant, that's their jobs. The reality was the summer window and the January one have been terrible. I like the sound of Gabbiandi but once Fonte decided to go then our absolute priority should have been an experienced defender and the failure to land one even on loan is shambolic.

I did read the post. It's the same as every post you write. We get it you don't agree with what the vast majority thinks, you consider them trolls. A troll is a poster who posts unpopular remarks with the intention of trying to annoy people. As mentioned we are joint bottom of the form table. To say people are trolls for not being happy with that is insane. It is as you said trolling. That is why nobody takes you seriously and why most probably wished you were still banned. Rather than slag people off, offer an opinion on why you think they are wrong. Don't just play the troll card.

Exactly, a lot of us are p1ssed that we are doing so badly, why isn't that plain to see for everyone. The people that are saying everything is rosy are trolls. I normally have a positive outlook on most things with SFC, but this season has not been the case as the writings on the wall that our direction has changed and its going backwards.