Swans 2-1 Saints - Reaction

Lighthouse

Five defeats in Six premiership games. Yet again we are slow and ponderous in attack and until the introduction of Boufal we created nothing. We persist on aimless crosses into the box like we have been doing all season with little to none aerial threat. Fed up with Puel and his over rotation. We were on a high last week, we had beaten Leicester and then beaten Liverpool to reach a cup final. What does Puel do? Throw in the towel against Arsenal get hammered, and the players who he decided to keep fresh for Swansea went and lost that game anyway. . There is an old saying in football that when you are in form, the games can't come soon enough. Unfortunately Puel seems to ignore this and has yet to play the same team twice in a row all season. With only a couple of hours left in the transfer window, it's looking like we are going to be lacking serious quality for the remainder of the season, and coupled with Puels negative, dreary tactics, I worry.

Reed (Harry) OUT Puel (Lloyd) OUT, this pair are taking us back quicker than Italian tanks!

Another woeful performance - EFL aside this season (transfers, squad quality, players attitudes, style of play, team and individual performances) has been a complete **** show

Hang your head Reed - shocking

Five defeats in Six premiership games. Yet again we are slow and ponderous in attack and until the introduction of Boufal we created nothing. We persist on aimless crosses into the box like we have been doing all season with little to none aerial threat. Fed up with Puel and his over rotation. We were on a high last week, we had beaten Leicester and then beaten Liverpool to reach a cup final. What does Puel do? Throw in the towel against Arsenal get hammered, and the players who he decided to keep fresh for Swansea went and lost that game anyway. . There is an old saying in football that when you are in form, the games can't come soon enough. Unfortunately Puel seems to ignore this and has yet to play the same team twice in a row all season. With only a couple of hours left in the transfer window, it's looking like we are going to be lacking serious quality for the remainder of the season, and coupled with Puels tactics, I worry.

Us being so boring, negative defensive is obviously part of the tactical set up. we go out, look to snatch a goal in the first 10 mins or so to hold on to.

when we drove forward for 25 mins in teh 2nd half, we did not quickly and had more than 2 people in the box, boufal was move centrally (he is wasted out wide) and we looked to get the ball forward quickly, we created a fair number of chances and had them right on the back foot.

it was swansea not chelsea ffs

really really dislike puel being our manager and very much hope we part ways in the summer.

destroyed the confidence and maybe careers of a couple of our youngsters

Really?? FFS, sitting at home literally so angry you are crying spouting rubbish like this. If you honestly feel like that maybe we should have collection buckets round the ground for these destroyed youngsters?

Boufal and Austin would be perfect partners. Shame that Redmond has to start every game under Puel and Austin is injuried. Redmond's embarrassing miss of the sitter highlighted the game.

Redmonds recent performances deserve a start. Not so good tonight and a step back to what he was before Liverpool home game.

I got to say, I'm starting to get a bit mad about this. I can stand losing if we play well and lose only narrowly...

But losing 4-1 to Spurs, 3-0 to Palace 5-0 to Arsenal and then this? If we had played well against Arsenal, I could maybe be a bit more positive, but instead we got pulverized. I don't care who we put out, we should never lose by those margins, even if it's Real Madrid against us.

If the results -and- playing style doesn't improve right now, Puel out. Sick of this.

We didn't really deserve to lose that

The ref has been SH!T

It was hardly daylight robbery though, was it?

Swansea didn't look very good but we were also found wanting. Partly due to tactics, partly because our team just isn't very good. But obviously we won't be strengthening the team because apparently we don't need to.

Typical Saints, manage to find a way to lose against a highly mediocre side. They were given a let off on one counter from their own corner so what do the gormless idiots in Saints shirts do, they repeat the idiocy and let opposition get the winner.

Equally our finishing is lousy, how we contrived to miss that 3 on 1 where redmond ended up shanking the ball wide was terrible.

Still can't understand why we deliberately threw the FA cup match in order to focus on this nothing match. Even more gutting when you see what Watford did to arsenal with their first team.

Not all bad. I thought Long was good. Finally finding a little bit of form if we can get the ball to him a bit more in dangerous positions.

Boufal was bright as an impact sub.

I remember when we used to play fast attacking football like swansea are... good old days. ;)

What? Let the other team have the ball most of the time and then hit them on the break?

We did that at Anfield.

I'll take the positives - Boufal looked great, some decent saves from Forster, Romeu putting in some decent tackles and interceptions, nice shane long goal - and move on.

Reed (Harry) OUT Puel (Lloyd) OUT, this pair are taking us back quicker than Italian tanks!

Another woeful performance - EFL aside this season (transfers, squad quality, players attitudes, style of play, team and individual performances) has been a complete **** show

Hang your head Reed - shocking

Everybody out....:lol:

So underwhelmed with the club at the moment. Cup run papering over some shocking performances of late. Puel seems to be able to set up a team to contain but when we need to go for it he's tactically clueless. The Southampton way has lost its way and the club seem quite happy to amble along. The root of the problem is a chairman who's not on the planet and a director of football who's lost the plot. Both need to resign and puel can't have another season. So so disappointed with what we've become.

We actually played well in the 2nd half, Boufal superb. All of which makes it all the more infuriating we lost. F. F. S5 losses from 6 games now, the only win against a Leicester team seemingly shot to pieces. That was a must win, West Ham on Saturday is in the same category

Absolute joke. If we don't sign a CB and a striker tonight and/or let J-Rod go then I will quite happily punch Reed in his Grahem from Jeremy Kyle show look alike face. How Forster keeps making the England squad is beyond me, he's awful. Cedric is cack. Steven "Underrated" Davis constantly plays like crap then every now and again chases a few balls into our box down and becomes "Oh he's so hard working, isn't he underrated." How he can be underrated when everyone constantly bangs on about how underrated he is doesn't even make sense. Stephens will be very good in about a year but he's not ready to rely on just yet. Bertrand was awful tonight but he's usually good so I'll let him off. Long and Redmond are both absolutely garbage. Classie never has been and never will be good enough. The one good thing to take note of...Boufal was class.

Poor first half, much better in the second. Overall thought we deserved a point at the very least. Dreadful second goal conceded when we were in control of the game. Where the **** was the defence? Thought we responded well after that goal and a little unlucky not to grab an equaliser as we ran them ragged as they sat back. Thought Boufal was outstanding and looks every bit a star, although it did look a dive to me. I know it fits my opinion on him, but as soon as Classie went off we improved tenfold. He was a total non entity in the game as a whole and squandered possession time after time (pretty much with every forward pass). Complete waste of a shirt.

Us being so boring, negative defensive is obviously part of the tactical set up. we go out, look to snatch a goal in the first 10 mins or so to hold on to.

when we drove forward for 25 mins in teh 2nd half, we did not quickly and had more than 2 people in the box, boufal was move centrally (he is wasted out wide) and we looked to get the ball forward quickly, we created a fair number of chances and had them right on the back foot.

it was swansea not chelsea ffs

really really dislike puel being our manager and very much hope we part ways in the summer.

All we need is a striker, mate

Typical Saints, manage to find a way to lose against a highly mediocre side. They were given a let off on one counter from their own corner so what do the gormless idiots in Saints shirts do, they repeat the idiocy and let opposition get the winner.

Equally our finishing is lousy, how we contrived to miss that 3 on 1 where redmond ended up shanking the ball wide was terrible.

Still can't understand why we deliberately threw the FA cup match in order to focus on this nothing match. Even more gutting when you see what Watford did to arsenal with their first team.

Not all bad. I thought Long was good. Finally finding a little bit of form if we can get the ball to him a bit more in dangerous positions.

Boufal was bright as an impact sub.

I've always thought that Long needs too many chances to score but Redmond makes him look prolific.

Poor first half, much better in the second. Overall thought we deserved a point at the very least. Dreadful second goal conceded when we were in control of the game. Where the **** was the defence? Thought we responded well after that goal and a little unlucky not to grab an equaliser as we ran them ragged as they sat back. Thought Boufal was outstanding and looks every bit a star, although it did look a dive to me. I know it fits my opinion on him, but as soon as Classie went off we improved tenfold. He was a total non entity in the game as a whole and squandered possession time after time (pretty much with every forward pass). Complete waste of a shirt.

and not the first goal we have conceded like that this season?