Who and where is the CB?

Saint Garrett

No centre back (or two) is a disgraceful f**k up of this transfer window. They KNEW Fonte wanted to go, why has someone not been lined up already? We should already have the c**t in place, training with the team. We'll sell Van Dijk in the summer, so ideally we should have TWO of the c**ts lined up.

Useless.

Reed is NOT a liar

When he said we would replace Fonye, he meant replace with Stephens. He didn't say in the interview because it was so obvious he didnt need to.

Or something.

Absolute cluster**** if we don't get a CB. We need that more than we need Gabbiadini and they will end up making what should be a good buzz of a record signing seem like a crap deadline day.

I've just kinda of assumed that he's going to sign....it's nearly 10pm and nothing - worrying.

Absolute shocker if we don't sign a CB...what an amazing opportunity to win a trophy and could be going into the final with Stephens and Yoshida at the back.

Les sold him to West Ham. He'll sell the other one in the summer. It sounds like he's offered Chelsea first option. So they'll both be in London. He sold the strikers to Liverpool and some club in China. But, as he claims we've got the best pool of midfielders in the Premier League, he's still got some of them left he can sell.

Les sold him to West Ham. He'll sell the other one in the summer. It sounds like he's offered Chelsea first option. So they'll both be in London. He sold the strikers to Liverpool and some club in China. But, as he claims we've got the best pool of midfielders in the Premier League, he's still got some of them left he can sell.

Still Saints though, just not the one you think you're entitled to. Get over it.

We plan a transfer window ahead. We knew Fonte wanted out in the last transfer after window.

We also have at least 3 players lined up at any one time for every position

Reed says it is the Southampton way and he is a man of his word

As I've said previous, he's just so full of sh1te.

Selling our best players every season is tough to take but at least we have been making decent replacements. Now we have stopped doing even that with the summer and it appears in January. We've now lost 5 out of 6 in the league which is appaling. Heads should roll.

The warning signs are there now. Another transfer window like this one and last summer and we will be a side battling relegation next season.

The warning signs are there now. Another transfer window like this one and last summer and we will be a side battling relegation next season.

Indeed. The warning signs were there for Newcastle and villa in recent seasons too and palace last year who may well go down. Once a malaise sets in it can be very hard to get out of it.

Only thought is that VVD can't be far away. There can be no other explanation surely.

Hope for the sake of the cup final and top flight security you are right. Then he'll be sold and probably replaced with, well who knows what. Can hope Les can save his reputation in the coming hour.

As I've said previous, he's just so full of sh1te.

Yep. Shame it's taking some fans so long to realise. You'd have thought that the constant selling of players, appointing clueless Puel with his one dimensional tactics and seeing the way we now play football would have made people realise. Clearly not. Some people are easily misled.

Even during the summer when it was Fonte, VVD and Yoshida we needed another CB better than Fonte. To be fair Toshida has had his best season for us so far but even still we needed one before Fonte left and now VVD is out for god knows how long we are simply desperate. Stephens did well against Liverpool, but was terrible v Arsenal. Gardos is just way behind and irrelevant to the equation. IF the club do not have a late announcement for us we are in a shockingly bad place. We would not even of been happy with Yoshida, Stephens and Gardos when we were in The Championship. Very poor show.....but still 35 minutes to go....

I've just kinda of assumed that he's going to sign....it's nearly 10pm and nothing - worrying.

Absolute shocker if we don't sign a CB...what an amazing opportunity to win a trophy and could be going into the final with Stephens and Yoshida at the back.

Surely VVD isn't in too much doubt for the final is he?

This, I hope.

And that our new, superstar, Fonte replacement was unavailable this window.

Let's not forget that our loan target, Tasci, got injured as well. You've got to have some sympathy for the club that their gamble with Fonte didn't pay off*, but it was still a gamble.

* provided we don't get anyone in

Let's not forget that our loan target, Tasci, got injured as well. You've got to have some sympathy for the club that their gamble with Fonte didn't pay off*, but it was still a gamble.

* provided we don't get anyone in

I genuinely thought we had our CB replacement lined up to be wrapped up within two or three days of selling Fonte.

In any project, if something unlucky happens at the last minute, but avoiding the last minute was perfectly possible, then it is still more fu ck up than bad luck.

West Ham United sign a centre back with two weeks to spare. We plan an entire window in advance and we can't.

Will be totally pathetic if we don't sign a CB an f***ing disgrace and proving the board are totally incompetent

Although I'm not in the "Reed is a liar" camp, I am in the "Reed is negligent" camp by not planning this transfer window better.

Why? He's lied about this. We won't let Jose go without a replacement.

Why? He's lied about this. We won't let Jose go without a replacement.

He never said we'd bring in an external replacement. NEVER said that. If you read it and believed something along those lines then more fool you.

Either way he SHOULD have signed another CB and has ****ed up royally, so much so that I actually think we need to look at replacing him in the Summer. This has become too much of a vanity project for him.

Failed with a late loan deal for Amat from Swansea. What a mess and how desperate.

"Hey Swansea, we'll let you win if you loan us a centre back!"

"No."

"Ok, then we'll just let you win."

Yoshida, third choice at the start of the season and prone to the odd error.

Stephens, young, raw, a lot of faith being put in him.

Gardos, out for a couple of years and rusty.

That's our centre backs until we get VVD back. That's worrying. A last minute announcement doesn't seem likely. Finally we've addressed the attack, and it's at the other end we're weak. I don't think we'll get relegated, but we need to put in a performance from heaven to win the cup. No more injuries, please!!

Martin Caceres is still a free agent. Anyone? :-)