West Ham Build Up

ALWAYS_SFC

This will either be our best or worst game of the season imo! Starting Boufal is a no brainer, wouldn't mind seeing Sims starting either, looked so much better when they were both on. Tonight we got into the box to square so many times but really should've done better with the chances and Redmond shouldve at least put it on target if not bury it, if we play like we did going forward in the last 10-20 today we should score a few

Baring any last minute ins and outs I'd go with...

Forster

Cedric - Yoshi - Gardos - Bertrand

Hojbjerg - Romeu - Davis

Redmond - Barry - Boufal

Incidentally, when was the last time we did a double over the Hammers?

Edit: Actually that's what I'd expect Puel to go with but with Stephens in for Gardos. I personally would go with:

Forster

Cedric - Yoshi - Gardos - Bertrand

Hojbjerg - Romeu

Redmond - Boufal - Tadic

Barry

Edited by Lighthouse

Not negative just realistic. I suppose your predicting a 5-0?

Not at all. We may win it, draw or lose it, it's not in my control, coming on here and bleating about won't change a thing. Too many entitled wnakers on this site who are incapable of accepting the unpredictability of professional sport

Not at all. We may win it, draw or lose it, it's not in my control, coming on here and bleating about won't change a thing. Too many entitled wnakers on this site who are incapable of accepting the unpredictability of professional sport

It's a forum, the whole point of it is to post your opinion.

You might need a new username mate... winnersaint doesn't fit

Can I suggest WinLoseDrawSaint or Notentitled_saint

Looking forward to this one, reckon we will get back to winning ways, can see us doing them 3-1, a couple for Jay, Fonte taking it to squeaky bum time, before Shane eases everybody's nerves.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I'm quite amazed by the flippancy of the happy clappers on this site who seem oblivious of the fact that we are being sucked into the relegation zone with each league game we play. Tactically we are frankly inept this season and if the manager keeps on repeating the same mistakes he has made ALL SEASON we are going to be fighting for survival come May. We have poor strength in depth and a first team who are playing to the tactics of the manager which are being exposed as inadequate for this league. The hubris and arrogance of the executive in thinking we will survive in the premier league playing the way we have been is breathtaking! What has happened to this football club? It is evident that the executive are making a percentage play here. Well I'm sorry, this is not a computer game. This is starting to look so much like the last time we got relegated, and on this board especially - so many people making excuses for poor performances, where we are tactically exposed by the opposition. The bulk of our first team finished 6th in the league last season! Have all the other teams improved so dramatically while we have trodden water? Or are the managers tactics being exposed? All the guff about this being a season of "transition" and we should just suck it up is delusional! If this run of results continue, we will soon be down in the bottom quarter of the league. And don't give me the story that there are 3 worse teams than us. On current form there are only 2.

Can't see us getting a result against the Hammers at home. And that is really galling.

I'm quite amazed by the flippancy of the happy clappers on this site who seem oblivious of the fact that we are being sucked into the relegation zone with each league game we play. Tactically we are frankly inept this season and if the manager keeps on repeating the same mistakes he has made ALL SEASON we are going to be fighting for survival come May. We have poor strength in depth and a first team who are playing to the tactics of the manager which are being exposed as inadequate for this league. The hubris and arrogance of the executive in thinking we will survive in the premier league playing the way we have been is breathtaking! What has happened to this football club? It is evident that the executive are making a percentage play here. Well I'm sorry, this is not a computer game. This is starting to look so much like the last time we got relegated, and on this board especially - so many people making excuses for poor performances, where we are tactically exposed by the opposition. The bulk of our first team finished 6th in the league last season! Have all the other teams improved so dramatically while we have trodden water? Or are the managers tactics being exposed? All the guff about this being a season of "transition" and we should just suck it up is delusional! If this run of results continue, we will soon be down in the bottom quarter of the league. And don't give me the story that there are 3 worse teams than us. On current form there are only 2.

Can't see us getting a result against the Hammers at home. And that is really galling.

Happy clappers? It's called staying positive. Same type of people are going to be much happier in life in general than the negative ones on here.

ive always laughed at westhams scattergun tranfer policy but loooking at our window i ask myself the question....

would fonte & snodgrass for £18m have improved our team more than Gabbiadini for £17m?

Away win for me. One decent game for stephens against a misfiring liverpool doesnt negate the need for serious reinforcements at CB. A bad game against westham and comfidence will drop and we are bang in trouble.

Maybe Virgil will be back in 2 weeks (i ****ing hope so) but i have to say i wouldnt be suprised if we are praying for his return in April.

This doesn't look anything like the last time we got relegated.

You don't need to be a "Happy Clapper" to know we are not being sucked into a relegation battle. We're not. We will not be relegated.

This doesn't look anything like the last time we got relegated.

You don't need to be a "Happy Clapper" to know we are not being sucked into a relegation battle. We're not. We will not be relegated.

Didnt killer get injured and then wasnt adequetly replaced? Think we will have enough to stay up but we are one injury for yoshida away from being in a lot of trouble.

A gardos stephens pairing fills me full of dread personally.

In terms of stopping the rot it is if we want to finish top 10.

-

Top ten ? Wow. I'd be happy with avoiding relegation with this team. Do the Chinese just want to buy us cheaper when in the championship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love Cedric to get a decent 'accidental' elbow into Fonte at a corner as Yoshi plays out of his skin and grabs the winning goal!

Not too worried here, Carroll will probably grab a goal but Yoshi should be up to the job - I'm not sure how he goes from being better than Fonte on here to being completely useless when we fail to buy a new CB within the course of a couple of days? West Ham aren't great defensively, and if any players in the PL know how to get the better of Fonte it should be our guys.

I can see Gardos starting over Stevens for his extra height against Carroll, and personally I'd drop Clasie and Davis after last night, but that would depend on injury updates, particularly JWP. Boufal over Tadic, Sims to start, and hopefully Puel's not tempted to bring Martina in for Cedric as there's a gulf in quality between the two.

2-1 Saints

We haven't done a League double yet this season, this is one of three remaining chances: West Ham H, B'mouth H, Midds A. Would sum up our inconsistent season if we didn't do any!

How many last season? All time best? All time worst?

I'll go for 2-2 on Sat. Carroll to score at least once.

Unless we change from this 4-3-3 that we seem set on starting with every week and move to a formation with more creativity in the middle of the pitch we will struggle to create chances and break down teams that are set up to defend.

We offer very little support to whichever forward we leave isolated up top with the current formation. We need Boufal central to create chances and hopefully get a few free kicks when he inevitably gets fouled. He's wasted playing wide.

Spurs, Arsenal, West Brom? I'd argue there are difficulties no matter where the football pitch is located currently.

Spurs and West Brom were off days, Arsenal we were playing the reserves

We played well against Leicester, we need to find that clinical touch again. I'm confident we will do so.

Boufal will cause havoc, and Gabbiadini will be a bit of an unknown factor for West Ham. It might be harsh to drop Long after he scored, but I don't he played well at all last night.

I'm really not looking forward to seeing Carroll up against our CB's.

A couple of seasons ago West Ham wheeled my little Donkey out against us and he was up against Yoshida, Maya had him under control the whole time to the point where Carroll was trying to knobble him by giving him a shove whilst airborne making out he was jumping to challenge for the ball, because Yoshida was winning every aerial ball, on the last occasion Maya had twigged his game plan and took half a step away Carroll pretty much missed Maya and came down crocked and was out for another 6 months as a result, if Carroll has half a brain he might be a tad cautious where Yoshida is concerned.