West Ham Build Up

ALWAYS_SFC

A concern for me today is any suspensions picked up as without any games between now and the final that will rule them out of that. (Unless we hastily arrange the Arsenal home fixture for the week before if its only a one game suspension). Worst case is Romeu getting an early yellow today, then having to tread eggshells for the rest of the match *****il subbed of course).

I'm guessing from the hints that it will be Bertrand CB and McQueen LB.

Could be; I'd rather Bertrand's speed and crossing were deployed at LB with either Gardos or Stephens partnering Yoshida. I think Sims should continue to be in the frame; he looks increasingly good with each run out.

A concern for me today is any suspensions picked up as without any games between now and the final that will rule them out of that. (Unless we hastily arrange the Arsenal home fixture for the week before if its only a one game suspension). Worst case is Romeu getting an early yellow today, then having to tread eggshells for the rest of the match *****il subbed of course).

We have a game next week. No-one is one card away from a suspension (according to the FA). Only a red card for dangerous play (3 game ban) would result in anyone missing the final as far as I can see. You may have a valid concern next week if Romeu gets a yellow today.

We've got sunderland next week?

Bet Bertrand is really happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure he is ,why would`nt he be?

He`s an England intentional, he`s playing regular first team football, and will play in a major cup final and i suspect his pay is reasonable too

I`m off to the match soon, hope you all enjoy the game;)

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Oh good. He's playing in his position in a poor defence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is Cedric poor? Is Bertrand poor? Is Yoshida poor? So you're basing it on Stephens being poor, he's still learning and these games are going to do him the world of good. Is Romeu in front of the defence poor?

I'm looking forward to this game regardless of what has or hasn't happened with the transfer window. I love game day but you carry on being miserable.

Sure he is ,why would`nt he be?

He`s an England intentional, he`s playing regular first team football, and will play in a major cup final and i suspect his pay is reasonable too

I`m off to the match soon, hope you all enjoy the game;)

Looks like I'll be the only sane one in the match day thread then.

Still, if we score early then none of the bedwetters will appear anyway

I was there too. Hadn't realised it was February - I thought it was sooner after the World Cup win. One thing I do recall though was watching the two teams warming up before kick off, and West Ham and their England trio looked like supermen. Bigger, fitter, more handsome, and I feared for Saints, but then following kick off we were magnificent, and West Ham were lucky to get two.

We did sell a centre-back that had just won the Euros with Portugal and replaced him with either a young lad who has only a handful of appearances, someone who has been injured for what seems forever, or a left-back.

Absolute genius.

Hindsight is so wonderful. Must pass the secret onto Les Reed so he can use it. If anyone was clever enough to know that VVD would not only be injured but he'd be out for 2-3 months, why wasn't the club warned?

Hindsight is so wonderful. Must pass the secret onto Les Reed so he can use it. If anyone was clever enough to know that VVD would not only be injured but he'd be out for 2-3 months, why wasn't the club warned?

The club had known for months Fonte wanted to leave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boufal is given a free role. I doubt he will stay wide on the left, it'll be a fluid front three.

he will be mostly attacking from wide

no doubt, he is miles better when his starting position is in the middle.

hey ho, in claude we trust

We may now have the people - Manolo and Sofianne to actually make the formation work a lot better now.

2 talented players, both can score from long range but can also play in others and can create movement up front with Jayrod as they interchange across the line.

Key is probably for our 2 shuttlers Davis & WP to do the transitions a lot quicker to not enable west ham to reset