EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

The way this has been handles is a complete shambles.

We sold 55,000 (easily) for the JPT Final (with Cortese fuming he couldn't get the extra 10k and offered to pay for the stewarding). Lowe said SFC had over 100k applications for tickets for the '03 final (happy to be corrected on that, going by memory).

Right now how big is the pool of people that have actually been able to buy tickets from our allocation of 31,461? 22,000 ST holders + supporters that have been to 3+ games and own a membership. Obviously there are plenty of fans spread over the various home games we play BUT not that much. How many different fans have gone through the gates at SMS this season? Honestly I'd hazard a (generous) guess at 44,000 (double the ST number), those that have been to 3+ games would be even lower, meaning in terms of % of take up it's actually pretty good. I've had 4 mates buy today as they weren't aware they were eligible with 3 games until I gave them a nudge (not everyone comes on here/ the official site). God knows what our older non internet fans make of it?

However, and this is my ****ing point. We should have got this done ASAP after the Liverpool game to make the most of the feel good factor and generate "Cup fever". ST holders (first come first served, no messing, 48hr window tops), then a far more aggressive sales window that took away fans into consideration. The membership scheme has been a disgrace and feels cheap to me (we aren't talking big money in the scheme of things here are we?), we could have sold every ticket in a week easily.

I say the above as a season ticket holder that was able to buy in the first phase.

Think I was wrong, only 500!

On a separate point, absolutely crazy if we don't sell out a Wembley final. Why on earth can't they go on sale to those with away games against their account? Ridiculous.

We will sell out though, if it was general sale straight away it would have sold out in a day I would have thought. It's the process of only home games on the membership and drip feeding it which is taking it so long. Surprised they don't ask for Members with 2 home matches who bought 4 bags of crisps as the next criteria.

Should have gone:

1. STs with two or more EFL matches

2. All other STs

[arguably not necessary to have two ST windows but does help stop system crashing on day 1 and gives some seat selection priority on a "merit" basis to those who have been most interested in this cup]

3. Members with 10+ matches (home or away), plus members who went to every EFL home cup match and don't already qualify (not many people in the second group to take tickets away from other members but if you've been to all our home ties in the cup I think you deserve a final ticket)

4. Members with 8+ matches (home or away), plus anyone who went to Be'er Sheva away or the away-leg of the EFL Semi-final and doesn't already qualify

5. Members with 6+ matches (home or away)

6. Members with 5+ matches (home or away)

etc. until sold

Getting down to "Members + 2 home" is pretty ridiculous. That's only 1 in 10 of our home matches this season. Away fans with a bunch of games, people who regularly attended this competition, people who contributed to our brilliant support at Anfield or those who spent the time and effort travelling to the Middle East should clearly be treated better than people who have only managed two homes.

If there was a really material financial benefit in trying to flog memberships (ie. something that translates meaningfully into what we see on the pitch) then I could understand it but how many extra memberships have we sold? Even if it was 5k, that's only £100k revenue. I can't imagine we've suddenly sold more than that.

Edited by benjii

Can't remember where it was but it's quoted that we have

21k season ticket

11k membership

All ish

Me and the old man can't be in the minority of fans that aren't members but go to 6-12 games a year home and away

Last season we had around 21000 season tickets the club made a point of publicising it when they stopped selling half season tickets, we also had just over 10,000 members I was given that figure by the ticket office and was told it included junior Saints.

IF we had same figures this year then every single season ticket holder and member would have been guaranteed a final ticket, however in this case large numbers of non-members who have purchased home games this season simply bought a membership to them meet the eligible criteria (you do realise you could do the same? )

At the start of the selling period the club would have known how many customer numbers had X number of games purchased against them, what they couldn't do is forecast how many of those customer numbers would then buy a membership as well.

Much easier for Man United who just sold their allocation to season ticket holders who had been to every home cup game .

I know football league clubs all got some tickets , frustrating thing is these neutral seats plus the club Wembley area will 90% be full of plastic United fans, they should have allocated the middle tier directly behind each goal to the club's to give us a proper "end".

The way this has been handles is a complete shambles.

We sold 55,000 (easily) for the JPT Final (with Cortese fuming he couldn't get the extra 10k and offered to pay for the stewarding). Lowe said SFC had over 100k applications for tickets for the '03 final (happy to be corrected on that, going by memory).

Right now how big is the pool of people that have actually been able to buy tickets from our allocation of 31,461? 22,000 ST holders + supporters that have been to 3+ games and own a membership. Obviously there are plenty of fans spread over the various home games we play BUT not that much. How many different fans have gone through the gates at SMS this season? Honestly I'd hazard a (generous) guess at 44,000 (double the ST number), those that have been to 3+ games would be even lower, meaning in terms of % of take up it's actually pretty good. I've had 4 mates buy today as they weren't aware they were eligible with 3 games until I gave them a nudge (not everyone comes on here/ the official site). God knows what our older non internet fans make of it?

However, and this is my ****ing point. We should have got this done ASAP after the Liverpool game to make the most of the feel good factor and generate "Cup fever". ST holders (first come first served, no messing, 48hr window tops), then a far more aggressive sales window that took away fans into consideration. The membership scheme has been a disgrace and feels cheap to me (we aren't talking big money in the scheme of things here are we?), we could have sold every ticket in a week easily.

I say the above as a season ticket holder that was able to buy in the first phase.

I remember black market tickets for cup final were £300 in the Arsenal end and a £1000 for the Saints end in 2003.

I think you have to consider the fact that if everyone bought tickets in the first week the system could not cope

On a separate point, absolutely crazy if we don't sell out a Wembley final. Why on earth can't they go on sale to those with away games against their account? Ridiculous.

We could sell out three times over I would think. I would probably know of 50 people who want tickets but cannot get them.

Edited by Sergei Gotsmanov

It does make me laugh how someone could have done Israel, Prague, Milan and every single away game, including all away EFL cup games, and be a member, but not get a ticket because they haven't done 2 home games :lol:

I'd be amazed if there are many people who managed to do every away game including three Europa and all the EFL aways but somehow couldn't make it down to SMS a couple of times. I'm pretty sure there aren't many people in this particular boat.

I remember black market tickets for cup final were £300 in the Arsenal end and a £1000 for the Saints end in 2003.

I think you have to consider the fact that if everyone bought tickets in the first week the system could not cope

Yep, remember going up to Cardiff with £300 cash for a ticket and trying to buy off anyone that would listen, unsuccessfully, then watching it in the PoW pub with 100+ others (God knows how many were dotted around Cardiff without tickets watching in other boozers?). I didn't have a membership that season and despite going to every round of the Cup home and away I couldn't get a ticket, only to see people I went to School with that barely liked football having tickets. Basically the system has always been a bit s***.

Remember getting back to Southampton and it being one of the punchiest nights I've ever seen (a City full of people boozing all day and not getting the result they wanted). Carnage.

Yep, remember going up to Cardiff with £300 cash for a ticket and trying to buy off anyone that would listen, unsuccessfully, then watching it in the PoW pub with 100+ others (God knows how many were dotted around Cardiff without tickets watching in other boozers?). I didn't have a membership that season and despite going to every round of the Cup home and away I couldn't get a ticket, only to see people I went to School with that barely liked football having tickets. Basically the system has always been a bit s***.

Remember getting back to Southampton and it being one of the punchiest nights I've ever seen (a City full of people boozing all day and not getting the result they wanted). Carnage.

Should have played Fabrice and ignored the 6-1 defeat at Highbury!

I'd be amazed if there are many people who managed to do every away game including three Europa and all the EFL aways but somehow couldn't make it down to SMS a couple of times. I'm pretty sure there aren't many people in this particular boat.

I'm sure that there aren't. However there are a few who have done 1 or 2 homes and many aways.

I've also seen a few people says they've been to 3/4/5 home games but don't qualify as not a member, mistakenly believing if they were to buy a membership now they would start again with zero games on that membership whereas all they need to do is buy one and other home games they have already attended this season are automatically considered. Perhaps that's stupidity on behalf of the fan but I've seen a few examples on Facebook / twitter. Perhaps the club should have emailed fans on the database who meet the criteria to say you now qualify to buy for Wembley but you need to click here and part with £25 for a membership first.

The train home after the EFL final is going to be horrendous if we lose.

There obviously won't be many people, but that's not the point. Utterly ridiculous system from Saints.

We are parking at Harrow Boro FC, having a beer and then it's only 1 stop on the overland.

The London trains will be chaos so it seems the logical thing to do.

Do you have to book with Harrow fc in advance? I can't see anything on their web site.

Do you have to book with Harrow fc in advance? I can't see anything on their web site.

Yep, just email them harrowboro@gmail.com It's free parking but they ask you have a beer in the clubhouse. It's a 10min stroll to Northolt Station and 5 mins to Wembley Central from there.

They'll send you a reference number for the car park.

I live in the Midlands and this season have been away to Sunderland, Liverpool (semi-final), Man City, Hull and Stoke. All in all about 1000 miles travelled.

Not much compared to some but would still have been nice to be considered equal to those who have pottered along for a few home games.

maybe Saints are waiting until they have fleeced as many fans as possible for £26 memberships before announcing there are 5000 extra tickets which will be available to non members. Or am I being too cynical?

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. Always thought 31k allocation was surprisingly low given the size of Wembley.

You can be critical about not counting away games and allowing memberships to be purchased after we got to a cup final, but to moan about the way they've staged the allocations is just pathetic whinging for the sake of it. There's been no website crash, no last minute panic to send tickets out. It's all been pretty orderly and calm so far.

Now they've "hooked" new members they'll probably come out and set a cut off point for memberships next season. Will people risk calling their bluff and not renew,hoping they'll do what they've done this year or risk missing out on future big games. The club aren't stupid (even if people think they are), they're clearly trying to manufacture a future situation where you have to be a member to get a ticket for any game. They've now got 30+ thousand members & S/T holders, they'll be trying their hardest to limit the drop offs in the summer. Cheaper tickets, & big game priority are a couple of ways of doing it. The club maybe cleverer than we think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

The only case people have made against home games only counting is that the club don't make money from away tickets. So that tells us that all fans are is ultimately a stack of pound notes. However, for those that know how away games get sold that doesn't stack up as if no one went away then the club would still have to pay for the tickets, so whilst they might not make money from away games they'd definitely lose some. Cup finals should be about rewarding the most loyal fans, which is why it should have been season ticket holders first, then total games in descending order. As it is there is a good chance someone with 2-3 home games will get one over someone with 7 aways, how is that fair?

However, for those that know how away games get sold that doesn't stack up as if no one went away then the club would still have to pay for the tickets, so whilst they might not make money from away games they'd definitely lose some.

Are you sure? I thought they was like sale or return, except for when you request Additional Allocation.

MLG pls confirm

Yep, just email them harrowboro@gmail.com It's free parking but they ask you have a beer in the clubhouse. It's a 10min stroll to Northolt Station and 5 mins to Wembley Central from there.

They'll send you a reference number for the car park.

Take it you have to pay congestion charge?

Does anyone know if a concession ticket for the final will flag differently at the turnstiles if it was purchased for an under 18 or an over 65? Also, when inside the stadium can you move between level 1 and level 5?

Yes and no.

It'll flag but you should be okay

Per ... are you taking the ****? Have you looked at a map recently?

Haven't driven inside London for over 10 years. Don't know Jack about the place. Don't really like it to be honest.

Was thinking about parking in Richmond and training it into Wembley as another option.

The only case people have made against home games only counting is that the club don't make money from away tickets. So that tells us that all fans are is ultimately a stack of pound notes. However, for those that know how away games get sold that doesn't stack up as if no one went away then the club would still have to pay for the tickets, so whilst they might not make money from away games they'd definitely lose some. Cup finals should be about rewarding the most loyal fans, which is why it should have been season ticket holders first, then total games in descending order. As it is there is a good chance someone with 2-3 home games will get one over someone with 7 aways, how is that fair?

Agree this is probably the only fair way to allocate tickets.

interestingly i know of at least 6 people that share a season ticket because they cant afford / make every game and live away fro soton. so half of these guys miss out but have actually done multiple homes / aways.

Another quirk of the system was if you upgraded a ticket from an child ST to an adult ticket in the home cup games (coz your child was in bed) then the upgraded ST didnt count for the early phase purchases. bizarre rule, whats the point in that?

Im not sure what I expected when the ticketing office is run by a ***** wit on minimum wage.

Haven't driven inside London for over 10 years. Don't know Jack about the place. Don't really like it to be honest.

Was thinking about parking in Richmond and training it into Wembley as another option.

As a sensible suggestion ... don't bother doing the latter. Richmond is nowhere near Wembley. If you want to do something along those lines, pick somewhere west / north west, which is just inside the m25 and on the overground line to Wembley.

As a sensible suggestion ... don't bother doing the latter. Richmond is nowhere near Wembley. If you want to do something along those lines, pick somewhere west / north west, which is just inside the m25 and on the overground line to Wembley.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

For the JPT, I parked up at Denham, 5 minutes from M40/M25 junction and loads of parking, and got an overland train from there. It's 3 or 4 stops to Wembley (15-20 minutes).

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-02-16/efl-cup-final-wembley-additional-tickets Additional 663 tickets on sale from 12 today, for members with 3 AWAY games

Rest of tickets still going on sale to members with 2 homes at 9am this morning

The wording on that announcement from the club is almost exactly as I wrote to them!!!!

Lets see how I get on this morning.........................And then this afternoon.

Southampton Football Club is pleased to announce it has received an additional allocation of 663 tickets from Wembley for the EFL Cup final.

In light of this, the club has decided to put these on sale from midday today and allow Official Members who have attended at least three AWAY games this season to be given the chance to secure a seat.

Please note, Official Members who have purchased at least two home games this season will still be able to buy tickets from 9am today, as scheduled.

The full sales criteria is now as follows:

Thursday 16th February:

– 9am: Official Members who have attended at least TWO home games from the 2016/17 season

– Midday: Official Members who have attended at least THREE away games from the 2016/17 season

Tickets will be sold online only. All competitive first-team games (league, domestic cup and European) count towards the criteria.

To date, tickets for the clash with Manchester United, at Wembley, have been on sale to Official Members who have purchased a set number of home games.

However, we recognise that it is not simple for all fans to make it to St Mary’s, and that some instead choose to follow the team on a regular basis away from home.

We are extremely grateful for this support, and would like to acknowledge that commitment by allowing those fans the opportunity to purchase seats at Wembley.

Please note, we expect these to be the final sets of ticketing criteria for the final.

Edited by marc_saint