What Are You Watching..?

Robsk II

I'm watching Veep. I've started at season 3 cos when it first come out I didn't like it much but someone told me the recent series is much better. They are. It's v.good :thumbup:

It's all good. Reminded me I need to get the latest season 4 episode down. Cheers

I'm absolutely loving the Snooker final from the Crucible.

I haven't a thing against Shaun Murphy, he comes across as a down to earth and likable bloke. But methinks it would be great to see Stuart Bingham win it this year. Bingham may not have that kind of unstoppable natural talent that we so often see in the final, but he is in the form of his life and plays the game with a smile on his face.

You just have to love the idea of such a classic underdog beating all these big name players and going the whole way. Good luck to him.

While I'm on this thread anyone watching Silicon Valley? Imagine it must be up Pap's street.

Heard lots of good things

I've started watching it as it follows Game of Thrones and they have put Thronecast back until after Silicon Valley. Looks good so far but I'm playing catch up so am still trying to work out the characters.

Gutted. I crafted a beautifully logical post about how hypo was probably a glory-holer.

Ah well, it's all ephemeral in the human scheme of things.

Typical. Your beautifully crafted email is lost, and the 'Physics you impress me' thread is still here. Is there no justice in this world?!

:thumbup:

It was Quite Good. The first episode was not so good, but it got better after that. Some of the stuff was a bit dumb, like I wasn't buying that bird has never heard of dogging + I think her character would most likely have 3 kids from different fathers, at least one of which is in Prison for GBH, but they never mentioned that. I liked what they did with the music radio tho making it like a character. And I sometimes even done a genuine LOL. It was good show, overall. After a while, you don't even notice how big that bird's nostrils are :thumbup:

While I'm on this thread anyone watching Silicon Valley? Imagine it must be up Pap's street.

Heard lots of good things

I don't really like watching stuff with computers in them as the level of realism, or lack of it, drives me up the wall. That bit in Swordfish where Hugh Jackman is getting a blow job with a gun pointed to his head trying to guess government passwords at point of death? Mwah. Never mind the rest of it. I probably couldn't remember my own password if I was getting a BJ while entering it.

I've just walked through the living room and the missus is watching CSI Cyber. Don't watch CSI Cyber. Don't watch any CSI, for that matter. The shows are just vast slush-punds for cosmetic surgery or half-decent actors looking for a handsome TV payout. Miami is the worst. Ginger man in black suit investigating crimes in one of America's sunniest cities? Yeah, right.

Cyber's first episode features a car chasing a plane so someone in the car can hookup a USB cable to a port on the plane. Because that's computing.

yeah i watched it this morning while i was driving into work which was good decision cos it was otherwise quite a dull episode & risk of death made it more exciting. Nobody got killed. Nobody got their boobs out. All-in-all it was like watching an episode of Nashville on E4 at 10 yay :(

Edit1: One guy got stone aids tho no jokes :(

Edit2: Warning above post is contain spoilers

Edit4: Warning below edit is also contain spoilers

Edit3: Oh actually i just remembered one bird did get naked for chef ramsay (don't try his sausages!) it was Quite Good :thumbup:

Edited by Bearsy

Edit3: Oh actually i just remembered one bird did get naked for chef ramsay (don't try his sausages!) it was Quite Good :thumbup:

...POTENTIAL SPOILER...

....and talk of possible threesome with Sansa on wedding night :)

sorry willis :(

have we seen hodor and the cripple boy and that whole gang yet this season? I can't remember where we left them. Weren't they balls deep in a tree cave with zombies or something? Or is they Dead?

weren't that servant boy who had such a big knob he got freebies off prostitutes sposed to turn out to be someone Important? Forget who told me that. Pap or someone probably. I wonder if there is bookmaker where you can bet on who will win the game of thrones?

weren't that servant boy who had such a big knob he got freebies off prostitutes sposed to turn out to be someone Important? Forget who told me that. Pap or someone probably. I wonder if there is bookmaker where you can bet on who will win the game of thrones?

Isnt he the old fat king's b*stard who is now squire to the giant lady knight?

I'm enjoying the second series of Brian Johnson's 'Cars That Rock' (Quest Thursday) just as much as the first. In this week's programme BJ was so impressed with a NASCAR style Ford Mustang developed by the legendary racer Richard Petty that he actually went and bought the horrid thing - with his own money!

This reminds be a bit of the time Jeremy Clarkson fell in love with the Ford GT after road-testing it in the states, that same love of power and reckless sense of enthusiasm for daft cars is evident in both of them. If the BBC ever try resurrect 'Top Gear' then methinks they could do worse than consider Brian for the Clarkson role - he may not be as (deceptively clever) as JC was, but his love of fast cars in perfectly genuine and I dare say he'd probably be less irritating to many of the JC haters out there.

Hmm. GoT its Episode 6.

(No spoilers)

Okey dokey. Well, that has blown up the entire planet. Seems there is absolutely no comment that one can make on "The final scene" without being branded anything from attention seeking through to non-PC or even a supporter of let's just say "abusive relationships". I mean jeez even the US Congress is wading into the act (so to speak)

The series had just been kind of dawdling along with occasional bewbs and the rare televised sh@g and then kapow, all hell has broken loose in the press and on Twitter.

In all the rage people have managed to miss out that ISIS have taken over Kings Landing, Amazon Fighting women are wimps and that a dwarf has a giant d1ck (allegedly). (oo sorry may have been a spoiler in there

The growth of Ramsay as one of tv's most nightmarish psychopaths should surely have given warning to everyone that something really nasty was likely to happen, but the show can portray thousands of men being butchered in battle, one man being mutilated in a manner that would put all men off entering a 50 Shades style Dungeon, and yet the planet rises up when a nice girl is involved....

And even those thoughts get ripped up as being non-pc when people have posted them on Twitter & the like.

One thing is for sure. There will be thousands of people round the world watching on download & catch up TV to see what all the fuss was about. A series that stepped above the mundane through it's ability to shock has done it again and people are shocked.

Job done by the scriptwriters again then.

It was a very disturbing episode, in the context of the show it was needed and I think the rest of the series will now be the better for it. But I am not going to say I actually enjoyed it, it was all very wrong and uncomfortable.

Just been watching the programme about Churchill in the run up to the election after the war.

Debunked a lot of myths about the man.

Churchill was indeed a complex and flawed old imperialist who badly misjudged the mood of the British public and ran the '45 election campaign terribly. However, I though this was a rather questionable programme conceived to promote a anti-Churchill agenda, rather than tell the story of Winston and that election objectively. This election was I think as much about voting for the Labour Party and the novel idea of a 'Welfare State', as it was a vote against Churchill and what he stood for.

If Winston was indeed as widely unpopular with the British people as claimed here, then his subsequent election victory in 1951 is hard to explain, and when the programme implied that Churchill (as Chancellor) was solely responsible for the great (international) recession of the early 1930's ... well that is utter nonsense.

Churchill was indeed a complex and flawed old imperialist who badly misjudged the mood of the British public and ran the '45 election campaign terribly. However, I though this was a rather questionable programme conceived to promote a anti-Churchill agenda, rather than tell the story of Winston and that election objectively. This election was I think as much about voting for the Labour Party and the novel idea of a 'Welfare State', as it was a vote against Churchill and what he stood for.

If Winston was indeed as widely unpopular with the British people as claimed here, then his subsequent election victory in 1951 is hard to explain, and when the programme implied that Churchill (as Chancellor) was solely responsible for the great (international) recession of the early 1930's ... well that is utter nonsense.

I watched it and it did seem half a programme, couple too many hard - left commentators with a bit too much airtime.

All through it I did sit there thinking "yeah, but he won in 1951". So not quite the definitive rejection from the public as portrayed.

Churchill got 72% of the vote for his Woodford constituency in the 1945 election, more than for the 1950 and 1951 elections. That wouldnt have happened if the public were disaffected with him personally after the war. I agree with Charlie. My understanding was that Churchill was popular but Labour had the winning policies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodford_%28UK_Parliament_constituency%29

Edited by buctootim

Wayward Pines is promising. The first 2 episodes have kept me intrigued enough to keep watching, helped by the fact I know it's only 10 episodes long.

Also been enjoying No Offence, the Paul Abbott cop drama on C4. I like the way they are weaving one central case throughout the series while focusing on a different, separate crime in each episode. There's some great characters and brilliant lines througout, much like you'd expect from one of his shows.

I spent Friday night watching the filming of an episode of the next series of Endeavour. It was being filmed in the house and garden next door to my daughter's. Fascinating to see how long it took to actually film a very small segment having taken 36 hours to set up the house and 12 hours to strike the set!

Wayward Pines is promising. The first 2 episodes have kept me intrigued enough to keep watching, helped by the fact I know it's only 10 episodes long.

Yeah it's got potential and the end of the third episode introduces a whole new dimension to the story.

Just finished the latest Game of Thrones episode and it's brilliant, it culminates into one of those 'penultimate episode epics ' and there are still two to go before the season ends.

I quite like the unambitious, but nevertheless entertaining enough, fly-on-the-wall series 'Demolition' (BBC), although looking at some of the (perfectly sound) structures being destroyed here you do have to wonder whether refurbishing the old, rather than destroying it, would often be a better option for our built environment. Those 60's tower blocks we hate so are actually highly efficient users of precious space on this overcrowded island and they can with care be transformed into attractive and decent places to live. Apparently many of the new structures being put up to replace what we see being pulled down here have only a guaranteed 25 year life span apparently ...

I also can't quite resist 'For The Love Of Cars' (C4) but feel the second series is markedly inferior to the first because instead of focusing on the restoration process itself, the producers have decided instead to broaden the programme out to included all kinds of vaguely related material that I'm far less interested in frankly. It may well be that those with the attention span of a Goldfish may struggle to follow all the painstaking effort and craftsmanship that goes into top class vehicle restoration, but the trouble is that process is exactly why this viewer watches this series in the first place.

For the first time ever I was forced at gunpoint (by my all-powerful sister) to watch 'Britain's Got Talent' (ITV) the other day. Now please understand that I normally avoid this type of thing like the plaque, but I must admit this bizarre amalgam of genuine talent mixed with something akin to a 'freak show' did start to worm its way under my skin after a while - damn it. However, how and why the eternally pubescent 'ant & dec' remain so very popular with the British public is still something of a mystery to this reluctant viewer.

Yeah it's got potential and the end of the third episode introduces a whole new dimension to the story.

Just finished the latest Game of Thrones episode and it's brilliant, it culminates into one of those 'penultimate episode epics ' and there are still two to go before the season ends.

As a reader of the books GOT is getting very interesting now as it overtakes the books. Episode 8 was magnificent, possibly one of the best ever. Looking forward to the final two episodes.

GoT is amazing in the way that it just keeps continuing to build and build on the story lines. Agree that last night was breath-taking and apparently the series finale is going to blow away anything before it. Best thing on tv by miles for me at the moment.

GoT is amazing in the way that it just keeps continuing to build and build on the story lines. Agree that last night was breath-taking and apparently the series finale is going to blow away anything before it. Best thing on tv by miles for me at the moment.

Episode 8 was utterly epic. Nothing on TV even comes close to GoT.

Compelling stuff from Daenerys and Tyrion finally meeting up to the attack on Hardhome. That final twenty minutes was just an awesome piece of TV. The only thing I can remember watching that had quite the same feel to it in a similar epic, chaotic, shocking way was the Omaha Beach landing at the the start of Saving Private Ryan. Whereas that film was crap from that point onwards GoT never disappoints.

For me the previous two series dragged a little at times but I put that down to the fact that I'd read the books. But now no-one knows what's going to happen next especially they have changed a number of things from the books.

Loved the last scene with Jon Snow and the Wight King just staring at each other, great TV.

I watched that episode for the second time today.

I honestly cannot remember ever seeing anything that epic on TV before. Reading many of the reviews I suppose it was a Lord of The Rings/Battle of the 5 Armies kind of event, but this was TV ffs and t be honest I felt it was more compelling than either of the movies.

Jon Snow has been a dull almost characterless numpty for much of the show and last night without becoming the Hero he took numptyness to a new level where I now actually care about him.

And yet the previous 40 minutes was so deep as well, Cersy (sp) in the Dungeon - (we all know what is coming when she confesses and looking forward to Bearsy's review of that) Tyrion & Denyraes (Sp) & Joran (Sp) Hell even the many Faceless one is starting to become watchable now

My favourite thought at the end was of all those look at me Politicos that said they'd never watch it again after the Sanza rape scene.

Winter has sure as hell bloody well come. Send for the Dragons!

So glad I've recorded the whole series. Whenever there is nothing on over the long hot summer here I'm putting that back on.

Stunning.

Emmy, Bafta & Bloody Oscar just for that - and more awesomeness to come apparently