Saints 1 West Ham 3 - Post Match

Mr X

Awful, was expecting a 2nd half with more intensity and got nothing, think the OG knocked the stuffing out of us mounting a comeback. Midfield was weak, defence not too bad apart from their first.

Needs big improvement against Sunderland, especially with an inform Defoe.

Only positive was Gabbi scoring on debut.

Utter fookin shambles. Both on and off the pitch.

Apparently Les Reed has the next two players lined up for each position. Clearly not.

How we can just come out of a transfer window having weakened an already weak defence is a disgrace.

How we can be the most rotated squad in the Premiership and still have the longest injury list is astonishing.

Puel needs replacing. Les Read needs shooting. It's the Southampton way.

Must be getting very close to the sack now despite the cup run.

Completely tactically inept. Why did we sit off them and not press as a unit, why did they not have anyone on the edge of the box from the corner. Really getting fed up of conceding cheap cheap goals.

Only tiny chink of light was that new signing looks like he might be worth the 14m we spent.

Never thought I'd be saying this during this season, but... definitely relegation form.

Empty midfield, Romeu looked like he was defending the Sahara.

Defence not gelling.

Forster just horrible in goal.

Some attacking - more than early season - but really not incisive enough, like we're not used to being in attack.

Shooting is awful, as it has been all season.

I don't normally watch MotD when we lose, but I might today, just because of all the goals scored in the PL. Hope there are 9 or 10 in the Spurs v Boro game later.

No midfield preasure for their first 2 goals. What the **** was the wall doing for the 3rd. You do notallow a shot from that angle, and you do not waggle your foot at it like Steven Davis did.

Gabbi played well, although he should have puleed it back to 2-3. Stephens plated well, apart from being too far from Yoshi for Carrol's goal.

Looks like Boufal will be out for a while as well.

No fight from JWP and Davis in midfield, and although he is not perfect, Hojdberg needs to start more, if only for height in defence.

We are in a scrap to stay up now.

Lost 11 games now. The same as for the entire season last year. God knows what it will take for a few to wake up on here. Bottom of the form guide. Hull,Sunderland now starting to win games. We are getting dragged into it. With Utd and Spurs our next few games the gamble by Reed not to sign a CB could end up being a **** up of Lowe proportions.

What happened, Pamplehouse ridiculued me saying we would lose. He said we would win easily

He has been appalling with his predicitions

This result should not have been a surprise. Puel is appalling.

Was told he was 'going for it' at home. With JwP, Rom and Davis in the middle of the park is anything BUT going for it.

Boufal looks fuking mustered in the 10 position....so what do we do? you know the score

Puel simply cannot be our manager for much longer. Appalling appointment

Just about the only positive I can take from that is that Gabbiadini had a good debut and showed that he will get us goals if we create the chances for him.

Other than that, f*cking dreadful - again! 6 defeats in 7 in the league, and the 3rd time in recent weeks that we have lost from a leading position at home. Absolutely not good enough.

My biggest concern is Forster. He had no chance with the first goal, which was all down to us leaving their midfielder the freedom of St Marys to pick the ball through to Carroll without getting anywhere near him. But how did he not save a 30 yard shot that was so weak it bounced 4 times before it went in? Then he failed to set the defensive wall up properly and basically invited Noble to hit it, knowing full well that it only needed the slightest deflection to score.

He never makes any saves that you don't expect him to make, and more worryingly he does the opposite quite frequently - doesn't make saves that you do expect him to. I appreciate that our back four is a little patched up at the moment with Fonte not replaced and VVD out for a while, but overall they did a decent enough job today to limit West Ham's chances (except for the first goal) and they are being let down time and time again by a keeper who, on this season's form, is not good enough for a mid-table PL club like us.

What happened, Pamplehouse ridiculued me saying we would lose. He said we would win easily

Was told he was 'going for it' at home. With JwP, Rom and Davis in the middle of the park is anything BUT going for it.

Boufal looks fuking mustered in the 10 position....so what do we do? you know the score

I almost wish Pamplemousse would start saying we were going down. Given his lack of luck with predications that might actually save us!

Oh dear.

Look how happy you are that we've lost and that I was wrong.

If we had won, you would've gone AWOL, along with all the bed wetters.

You really are sad and pathetic. Grow up.

It's simply terrible.

Forster again being exposed for the poor keeper he is. Centre backs done relatively ok but need better protection from the midfield; that's not Romeu's fault (and no, he's not an upgrade on Wanyama) but having two midgets alongside him doesn't help, especially as one midget can only offer rather average set-pieces, that's it.

Up front was listless. Sure, there's flair there but if this turgid, insipid, boring, slow football doesn't suit at all and is easy to defend against.

Not only were we overpowered and out-thought, but that was pretty much how we've played for two-thirds of the season to date.

Those performances, this form and the current football director's (Wilson, Reed) decision-making not to (a) sign a decent Wanyama replacement in the summer (b) Neither do that or sign a replacement centre-back in this window has been absolutely p1ss-poor.

The ponderous, pathetically slow football is down to Puel and co - and is not going to miraculously change. We are almost reliant on individual skill to wow us and see us through games. On the other hand, look at Marco Silva's resurgent Hull. He's bedded in 7 new players (5 started today if I can count Ranocchia coming on in the 1st minute) and they look organised and purposeful.

We look a complete mess, still.

Oh, and can I just remind you lot; smashing the ball into row Z from forty yards out or crossing the ball into the box with no-one on your team to attack the ball does not count as a 'chance'. A chance is made through incisive, attacking play which results in a team scoring/almost scoring. We are not playing with the same style and verve as yesteryear.

Who in the under 23's who is bigger than a smurf can come in and play with Pierre in the shuttling midfield roles.

JWP/Davis aren't good defenders and not creators and are not goal scorers so what are they ?

Clasie can at least defend, is there a free transfer out there than can come in a do a job.

That was crap, and predictably so.

Questions for those calling for CP's head, ( I'm not qute there yet ) - who would you replace him with, and what about that person makes you think he can turn the season round with the players avaiable ?

If you're going to to sack a manager, the competent time to do it would be before or during the transfer window, so the new man can identify weaknesses and bring in new players. I can't see Les pulling the trigger now. I'm starting to think that he should.

I said I would give it until the first week of February before starting to question my optimism. So, let the questioning begin...!

Optimism 0 Pessimism 1

The Liverhampton and Pompey results providing the only silver linings today.

We limp on...

Edited by trousers

Who in the under 23's who is bigger than a smurf can come in and play with Pierre in the shuttling midfield roles.

JWP/Davis aren't good defenders and not creators and are not goal scorers so what are they ?

Clasie can at least defend, is there a free transfer out there than can come in a do a job.

The issue is we have a manager who keeps rotating and trying to play the same ****ing formation. He doesn't have a clue how to change things.

Oh dear.

Look how happy you are that we've lost and that I was wrong.

If we had won, you would've gone AWOL, along with all the bed wetters.

You really are sad and pathetic. Grow up.

Not sure they can be labelled bed wetters now. Most on here are concerned.

Saints 22 shots West Ham 6 and we lose 3-1.

Story of our season !!!

So many times we have had more shots on goal and on target than the opposition but not got the result. Poor finishing, defensive lapses and pure bad luck have cost us on too many occassions. Very frustrating but far from the picture being painted on here.

Certainly not relegation material.

Puel is not the issue. Some of you lot need to get your heads round the fact that we won't be sacking him any time soon.

I'm really starting to think you're just a skate on a wind up , No one can have their head as far in the sand as you do !

Not sure they can be labelled bed wetters now. Most on here are concerned.

Most are so negative anyway. If we won 4-0 they'd still be moaning. People like alpine, batman et al have views which can be safely ignored. We could be winning the league and they'd still be upset.