Saints 1 West Ham 3 - Post Match

Mr X

Sam Gallagher strikes again to give Blackburn all three points

Who are those who say Puel knew what he was doing in France?

Absolute Rubbish. He struggled most of the time just as he's doing in England.

Even Steven Caulker was available and would have been better than nobody.

Unless we can sigh a decent freebee we are going to sink like a stone. Just how could we be in such a situation with us knowing for months we needed central defenders. The fault lies fairly and squarely with Reed, followed closely behind by Puel.

Who in the under 23's who is bigger than a smurf can come in and play with Pierre in the shuttling midfield roles.

JWP/Davis aren't good defenders and not creators and are not goal scorers so what are they ?

Clasie can at least defend, is there a free transfer out there than can come in a do a job.

Sorry, Clasie can't defend. He is an imposter who is always just too late to put in a tackle, is not a box to box player and ambles back when we lose the ball - he is not the answer to the current shambles.

Oh dear.

Look how happy you are that we've lost and that I was wrong.

If we had won, you would've gone AWOL, along with all the bed wetters.

You really are sad and pathetic. Grow up.

but we did not win did we, sad and pathetic but trueful we never looked like winning no fighters in our team

and a manager with no clue on how to play the EPL

I said the other day I was concerned that we would be in relegation battle, however apparently my comment was a knee jerk reaction. What I find hard to believe is that some still think we have a better chance of finishing 8th!

No, i'm not a bedwetter, but we are seriously in the s..t.

Sam Gallagher strikes again to give Blackburn all three points

Who are those who say Puel knew what he was doing in France?

Absolute Rubbish. He struggled most of the time just as he's doing in England.

Even Steven Caulker was available and would have been better than nobody.

Unless we can sigh a decent freebee we are going to sink like a stone. Just how could we be in such a situation with us knowing for months we needed central defenders. The fault lies fairly and squarely with Reed, followed closely behind by Puel.

Yeah. The thing is, you just know that if you parachuted Puel in to manage the Chelsea squad, that would all fall apart.

Saints 22 shots West Ham 6 and we lose 3-1.

Story of our season !!!

So many times we have had more shots on goal and on target than the opposition but not got the result. Poor finishing, defensive lapses and pure bad luck have cost us on too many occassions. Very frustrating but far from the picture being painted on here.

Certainly not relegation material.

Don't forget we also have a goalkeeper who is unbelievably **** and lets in any shot a few yards either side of him. That doesn't help matters at all, even less so when we decimate our centre back options

Why ignore the two Liverpool wins? They don't fit into your theory? Why are you deliberately ignoring them?

As I said, it's quite pathetic from your point of view (and others) that you are so happy.

Who is happy exactly? It seems you are starting to crack up.... People have been saying there are issues and you have been denying them. I don't think Marco or anyone is happy about what is happening. They think it shouldnt be happening and that is why they vent their frustration. You just bury your head in the sand and will look for anything at all to try and make you feel better. Saying people are happy with how this season has gone cries of desperation. Just admit you were wrong, move on and engage in discussion on how we can turn it around.

Talking about who is right/wrong or happy and sad makes you look stupid. Talk about the football. We are in a very bad patch and to think otherwise must mean you are a wum.

Puel is not the issue. Some of you lot need to get your heads round the fact that we won't be sacking him any time soon.

3 points from a possible 21 and the manager is not the issue. How bad do we need to be before he has to take just a tiny bit of responsibility in your opinion?

Since you're so convinced that Puel isn't the issue, would you care to say what is?

Yup, I have done.

I believe that the board largely are to blame for not signing a striker in the summer and then not signing a defender last month.

We've got good attacking options, but defensively, now that VVD is injured, we look fragile in that department.

One of my work colleagues is a Lyon fan and he describes Puel as a "clueless arsehole"

Tbh that description can equally be applied to any Lyon fan really. But Puel had plenty of success in Ligue 1 but that's nothing to do with the question because it is a very substandard league. I watched a bit of Metz-OM yesterday and I'd not be exaggerating in saying I've seen better games on Bitterne Park Rec.

One of my work colleagues is a Lyon fan and he describes Puel as a "clueless arsehole"

He got them further in the Champions League then any other manager has ever managed to do for them.

If you asked Saints fan for their opinion on Adkins, it would be positive.

Ask Reading fans or Sheff Utd fans, and it would be negative.

He's been successful in France, and has a good reputation for developing young players. He'll come good for us, if the board can get their fingers out of their arses and back him in the transfer window.

Most are so negative anyway. If we won 4-0 they'd still be moaning. People like alpine, batman et al have views which can be safely ignored. We could be winning the league and they'd still be upset.

I understand your point but to label people that have had a gutful of this farce as bedwetters is daft. I've had enough it doesn't make me a negative troll. I'm just an average Saints fan that is massively disappointed with this season.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

In recent seasons we've had some top-eight players, a top-eight manager, a bunch of middle-third players playing above themselves, a strong defence compensating for a bottom-third keeper, and a top-2 recruitment system.

Now we have less top-eight players, a bottom-five manager, nobody apart from Romeu playing above themselves, a weak defence showing Forster up for what he really is, and a recruitment system that is not even responding to current needs, never mind "working two years ahead". Black box, my arse.

We are in a dogfight, and my fear is that Reed and Puel are not capable of turning this around. We need someone who can pick this team up and carry it on his shoulders, but he's out for another month or two.

I understand your point but to label people that have had a gutful of this farce as bedwetters is daft. I've had enough it doesn't make me a negative troll. I'm just an average Saints fan that is massively disappointed with this season.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

In all honesty, I wouldn't label all fans like that. There are certain individuals though who are relishing in our supposed demise.

how can you as a player have respect for someone who doesn't know his best team despite having rotated it a million times! puel also cant communicate to them with the required grasp of English, can you see him being able to deliver a motivating team talk? bet half the players switch off when he droans on about importants and possibilities time without saying a single word of substance!

puel was a gamble.... time to admit its failed! the only possibility under him is that we could be in a relegation fight, time to act now

I'm normally pretty optimistic, but it really is dire at the moment! :(

The lack of a centre back signing is a big issue, but as an attacking force we really don't look good either.

In the second half, we did create chances. Should've put one of them away at least and made a game of it. Gabbiadini looks like a good player. Defensively though, I am worried. I think we need to put Bertrand in there and go McQueen at LB for Sunderland.

I'm normally pretty optimistic, but it really is dire at the moment! :(

The lack of a centre back signing is a big issue, but as an attacking force we really don't look good either.

Its no longer play the diamond love the diamond?

No more "rotation is working"?

No more "one in one out whats the problem"?

Oh and will you be updating the Puel v Koeman comparison you were so keen on?

Cz9-0kWW8AEorqi.jpg

Yup, I have done.

I believe that the board largely are to blame for not signing a striker in the summer and then not signing a defender last month.

We've got good attacking options, but defensively, now that VVD is injured, we look fragile in that department.

No shiiit Sherlock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad we had a purple patch earlier this season and got a few points on the board or I'd be seriously concerned now. We're in a serious freefall, and the teams below are slowly creeping closer.

Fed up or getting home from SMS feeling like this. The board have let everyone down this season.

Edited by bpsaint

Couldn't you have told Reed this before we signed him? Your colleague is starting to be proved right.

I've never been one to sack a manager during a poor run, preferring to look at the longer-term approach, let someone 'bed in'. But, I'm beginning to get a little concerned.

Puel is not the issue. Some of you lot need to get your heads round the fact that we won't be sacking him any time soon.

Pamplemousse to respect your comment explain what the problem is and how the manager is going to turn the team around

because we been second best to most teams we played a month before christmas. We are like a boxer who invites a knockout punch every match we just sit back and let every team where ever they are in the league attack us giving them confidence .

whilst seeing all the believe disappear from our team. I think the players for the most are good players but the tatics are letting them down . I value your opinion on this.

That's rubbish. Name those individuals if you are so confident. No one wants us to perform poorly.

It's always the same faces - batman, alpine, they can't wait to post as soon as we lose, but if we win, you rarely see them. It is, quite frankly, embarrassing and pretty sad.

I'll be here whether we win, lose, or draw.

Don't forget we also have a goalkeeper who is unbelievably **** and lets in any shot a few yards either side of him. That doesn't help matters at all, even less so when we decimate our centre back options

and the fact a 'shot' doesn't mean a 'chance' or that we're playing good football.

**** me.....I'd even take Nigel Adkins back if it meant getting rid of this clueless tool.

So bloody monotonous,both on the pitch and off it.

Turning into a shambles now both in the boardroom and coaching staff.

Eric Black.....sodding Eric Black,what a ridiculous appointment.

Les Reed the control freak.....turning us into another Charlton under his tenure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how can you as a player have respect for someone who doesn't know his best team despite having rotated it a million times! puel also cant communicate to them with the required grasp of English, can you see him being able to deliver a motivating team talk? bet half the players switch off when he droans on about importants and possibilities time without saying a single word of substance!

puel was a gamble.... time to admit its failed! the only possibility under him is that we could be in a relegation fight, time to act now

The players are not keen on the rotation system and want to be playing every week. You need a settled side to get a run of decent results and we've never had that under Puel.

I agree that we won't be sacking him. The problem is that he IS the issue. He simply doesn't know his best starting 11 or how to get the best out of the players.

He's a big part of the issue. He was THE issue until we lost our central defence. That is now a bigger issue.