Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

Oh dear God! Just seen this on FB. Are the crazies out or what?

"From a serious reliable source, Giggs has been seen at the Meon Valley Marriott with Reed around 1600 today, interesting..... thoughts on Giggs?"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Is he a free agent and can his legs last 90 minutes for a stab at centre back until VVD is fit ?

"From a serious reliable source, Giggs has been seen at the Meon Valley Marriott with Reed around 1600 today, interesting..... thoughts on Giggs?"

If true it's clearly a cry for help, Leslie, mind unravelling, in a desperate bid to be sectioned.

Would be even worse decision than Puel. Please no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just so I can be sure, we are talking about the same Les Reed who oversaw the last 6/7 years of continual progress whilst keeping the club in the black, right?

We want that guy out after 6 months of patchy form for the first team?

Please stop giving credit to reed. It was cortese that achieved that. And this January marked Les Reed's triumph... The removal of the last cortese legacy in fonte.

Les Reed has ditched almost all of them... Poch, lallana, Lambert, lovren, Shaw, clyne, wanyama, Morgan, chambers... Our ambition died the second cortese was ousted and the only thing papering over that was koeman... Someone who clearly encroached on Reed's ego/territory and so he was also shifted out....

The only common denominator in everyone that leaves saints is Les Reed. Even the chief scout. And the delusionals on here want to give reed credit for what came before (when good) but blame cortese for the bad. I've even seen them praise him for finding mopo when. Cortese went and bloody head hunted him in person. There was a clear change of ambition the second Les got his hands on the keys and cortese was ousted. Since then he has set about undermining what came before through PR and leaks in the press, whisky dismantling that entire team and structure. Fonte was the last piece.

Les Reed dame's the fans' bond to the team, sold the club's soul and appears incapable of letting anyone else at the club performing well and outshining him. Absolutely has to either change his ways or go.

And the Fonte/VVD fiasco is the final straw.... But then I've been wanting him out for a couple of years and been insulted for it on this forum non stop. There is literally no excuse for risking our prem place and massively damaging our chances in a cup final the way he has done with do the and VVD. An absolute train wreck.

Whilst I appreciate the quality of this post I don't agree with it. I work in the City on a lot of relatively high profile "deals". I don't claim to know much about the football business world but what I do know is that you should absolutely never put yourself in a position where you get caught out on deadline day. Whilst he may not have foreseen what happened he should not, as a premier

League director of football, have allowed himself to be caught out with no time to rectify the situation. The fact he has been caught out so brutally will always attach criticism and, Imo, justifiably so.

Les Reed has ditched almost all of them... Poch, lallana, Lambert, lovren, Shaw, clyne, wanyama, Morgan, chambers... Our ambition died the second cortese was ousted and the only thing papering over that was koeman... Someone who clearly encroached on Reed's ego/territory and so he was also shifted out....

The only common denominator in everyone that leaves saints is Les Reed. .

Les Reed did not ditch any of those people. The "common denominator in everyone who leaves" is the chance to make oodles of more money and to fulfill their notions of a greater ambition—working with a "big club".

Please stop giving credit to reed. It was cortese that achieved that. And this January marked Les Reed's triumph... The removal of the last cortese legacy in fonte.

The only common denominator in everyone that leaves saints is Les Reed. Even the chief scout. And the delusionals on here want to give reed credit for what came before (when good) but blame cortese for the bad. I've even seen them praise him for finding mopo when. Cortese went and bloody head hunted him in person. There was a clear change of ambition the second Les got his hands on the keys and cortese was ousted. Since then he has set about undermining what came before through PR and leaks in the press, whisky dismantling that entire team and structure. Fonte was the last piece.

Les Reed dame's the fans' bond to the team, sold the club's soul and appears incapable of letting anyone else at the club performing well and outshining him. Absolutely has to either change his ways or go.

And the Fonte/VVD fiasco is the final straw.... But then I've been wanting him out for a couple of years and been insulted for it on this forum non stop. There is literally no excuse for risking our prem place and massively damaging our chances in a cup final the way he has done with do the and VVD. An absolute train wreck.

This is utter drivel from start to finish.

Your point about Fonte being the last piece of the Cortese era is particular garbage as Yoshida, Davis, JWP and Jay-Rod are all still in the first team squad.

Only way to get rid of mr.Reed is that the stadium was empty the next home game and the fans stayed outsite like first 20mins to really show what most are thinking about him, IF busniess at Saints are hurt then the board will listen not before.

Please do this. Please. Make it as high profile as possible.

Helpless fans all over the world need to be inspired to fight back against the misery we have had to go through under the brutal Reed tyrannical regime.

I mean a club of our stature reduced to 13th in the league and in a cup final. Unspeakable horror and a stadium walkout is only the start. Sit in protest is a must. Get the light aircraft banner ready, print out red cards for every seat and for gods sake can someone throw a pigs head on the pitch.

OMG - I've just heard from a reliable source that he's seen Les Reed playing bridge with Emile Heskey, Ali Dia and Donald Trump !!!

To my mind this represents conclusive proof, if any were needed, that Les is singlehandedly responsible for our terrible record over the last seven years, England losing to Iceland and the Fukashima nuclear disaster.

All of this whilst Cortese and Koeman were signing Matt Le Tissier, exposing the Jimmy Saville paedo ring and winning the Nobel Prize for Astrophysics.

It makes me MAD !!!!!!

OMG - I've just heard from a reliable source that he's seen Les Reed playing bridge with Emile Heskey, Ali Dia and Donald Trump !!!

To my mind this represents conclusive proof, if any were needed, that Les is singlehandedly responsible for our terrible record over the last seven years, England losing to Iceland and the Fukashima nuclear disaster.

All of this whilst Cortese and Koeman were signing Matt Le Tissier, exposing the Jimmy Saville paedo ring and winning the Nobel Prize for Astrophysics.

It makes me MAD !!!!!!

Name your source or im not going to believe it

Only way to get rid of mr.Reed is that the stadium was empty the next home game and the fans stayed outsite like first 20mins to really show what most are thinking about him, IF busniess at Saints are hurt then the board will listen not before.

Why don't we do it at our first major cup final for 14 years and only our 3rd in 40 odd . That'll show the world what we think of Reed & Puel's utter failure this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Les spoken publicly since the end of the transfer window to explain why we didnt replace Fonte ? One of the things that does annoy me about him is that he makes grand statements about what we will / wont do / and how we are so well organised - and then when events turn out differently he often disappears . He has clearly done much good for the club - and he is happy to take the praise for that - when things appear to go wrong - you dont seem him. That strikes me as the act of a weak leader.

Has Les spoken publicly since the end of the transfer window to explain why we didnt replace Fonte ? One of the things that does annoy me about him is that he makes grand statements about what we will / wont do / and how we are so well organised - and then when events turn out differently he often disappears . He has clearly done much good for the club - and he is happy to take the praise for that - when things appear to go wrong - you dont seem him. That strikes me as the act of a weak leader.

He won't yet he'll be hoping to get this Uruguayan in then come out and say how it was his plan all along to steal this ex Barca and Juve player from the clutches of Milan on a free !

Please do this. Please. Make it as high profile as possible.

Helpless fans all over the world need to be inspired to fight back against the misery we have had to go through under the brutal Reed tyrannical regime.

I mean a club of our stature reduced to 13th in the league and in a cup final. Unspeakable horror and a stadium walkout is only the start. Sit in protest is a must. Get the light aircraft banner ready, print out red cards for every seat and for gods sake can someone throw a pigs head on the pitch.

:lol:

I think there is some slight overreactions going on on this forum.

Yeah let's get rid - he's had 5 very highly successful years followed by one mediocre one - time for him to get the bullet.

Just one mediocre one to help the club into the Championship. Well done there. £100m down the drain. Well done you.

Oh Gosh another knee jerk opening post ! This board is being overtaken by wind up merchants and bed wetters. Les Reed has done wonders at this club and you should remember where we were before he arrived. Every transfer window or slump we get the same old people calling for somebody's head and nearly every time you get slapped in the face as he pulls yet another out of the bag. Well you must all be creaming your pants as it looks as if he has had a glitch and there are no rabbits ... yet ! It amazes me that you think that there is an iota of a chance of changing the running order of a multi million turnover business from your internet warrior keyboards. I have also yet to see any of you come up with a sensible alternative to the structure we have. I think we were unlucky in the recruitment this window but I am sure you would all have spent 25 - 30 million to have Sakho for six months oh yes all of a sudden he is the dogs when he has been a clown at Liverpool and is likened to bambi on ice. Also does anyone really think that after all the money we have "robbed from Liverpool" (well according to this board nearly everyone we have sold is pants) that they would have let us have him on the cheap? Apart from Chelsea and the poor show against Arsenal in the cup we have lost games because THE PLAYERS cannot seem to shoot on target and past the keeper. Also our keeper does not seem able to save shots that are hit low. I was not happy with today's result but the players had enough chances. It is a shame that more of you couldn't get behind the team as you are not going to change a thing but encouraging the players at matches helps a great deal. We weren't good enough with our support today either. I do not post much just fume at the same old people who seem to revel in doing down the club when we are going through a rough patch. It's not like Reed and Puel have guided us to a major cup final for the first time since 2003 is it. COYR

Are you a PR plant? Skate?

:mcinnes:

I don't understand the OP. We have enjoyed an unequalled run of five years steady rise from the pits and bankruptcy to the premiership, Wembley and financial stability and they want the architect of it OUT. Of course there will be blips on such a journey and this is one of them. Don't panic, better to recommend Les for a knighthood after what he has done for us.

I don't understand the OP. We have enjoyed an unequalled run of five years steady rise from the pits and bankruptcy to the premiership, Wembley and financial stability and they want the architect of it OUT. Of course there will be blips on such a journey and this is one of them. Don't panic, better to recommend Les for a knighthood after what he has done for us.

He's had two bad transfer windows. No matter what his body of work before it, it only takes a couple of bad decisions and the club is severely impacted - both in terms of its own prospects and allowing others to catch up (which have both happened). He should be feeling some pressure as the owners are driving a hard bargain for the sale of the club and with every passing week the value of the club is falling.

He's had two bad transfer windows. No matter what his body of work before it' date=' it only takes a couple of bad decisions and the club is severely impacted - both in terms of its own prospects and allowing others to catch up (which have both happened). He should be feeling some pressure as the owners are driving a hard bargain for the sale of the club and with every passing week the value of the club is falling.[/quote']

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC-mVdL5GiCZAtDNc_xTuFaHL5yNBBFwGytC61C8h9BBZs2Tn0Pg

I don't think this is true. He's often done interviews during periods of fan anxiety, such as during the Lallana/Lovren window and when there was loads of chat about Koeman leaving. Of course he puts a positive glean on things, and sometimes looks daft in hindsight months later, but I don't remember him going on camera after winning streaks, 'lapping up praise' or what have you. Any examples?

I don't think this is true. He's often done interviews during periods of fan anxiety, such as during the Lallana/Lovren window and when there was loads of chat about Koeman leaving. Of course he puts a positive glean on things, and sometimes looks daft in hindsight months later, but I don't remember him going on camera after winning streaks, 'lapping up praise' or what have you. Any examples?

I do seem to remember a fawning documentary a couple of years ago, and countless newspaper eulogies during the glory days of Poch and Koeman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a load of old Tosh

I've pretty much had it with the phony fans and / haters taking the **** in here, sorry to report. It's sad. Really sympathize with you guys trying to hold it together with rational discourse while supporting the club.

I know I'm just a weirdo foreigner obsessed with a team -- hell, a sport -- that I have no birthright to, but I have got to say that some people here, if they do think of themselves as genuine SFC people, should be ashamed of themselves. You're acting like front-running, crybaby American sports fans, for reals. I should know. There's valued dissent, then there's rancid, toxicity: learn the difference and get on the right side of supporting the players, the manager and the staff.

To the Scummers on here: **** off to the fourth, please.

Everybody else: Up the Saints!

Is it just a British trait I wonder, but many seem to have a need to find fault with everything. I could understand it when we were on a downward trajectory, but we have had a wonderful 7 years, have a cup final to look forward to and are still mid table despite a poor run, so why the need to find blame and pillory people? It happened last year and the year before that too. Not always Reed. Kat Liebherr and Ralph Krueger have been slagged off too. The club has been very well run so what is the problem if Reed enjoys some of the plaudits? Surely that is better than people wanting to talk to him because we are rubbish and there are fan demonstrations every week? It must have been manna from heaven when, after signing a striker after being slagged off since last summer for not buying another one, that VVD got crocked and gave the moaners an opportunity to berate him over not signing a new CH. I guess if Caceres does sign and is a success, the pitchfork brigade will find another reason to attack Reed, or find another target at the club.

Is it just a British trait I wonder, but many seem to have a need to find fault with everything. I could understand it when we were on a downward trajectory, but we have had a wonderful 7 years, have a cup final to look forward to and are still mid table despite a poor run, so why the need to find blame and pillory people? It happened last year and the year before that too. Not always Reed. Kat Liebherr and Ralph Krueger have been slagged off too. The club has been very well run so what is the problem if Reed enjoys some of the plaudits? Surely that is better than people wanting to talk to him because we are rubbish and there are fan demonstrations every week? It must have been manna from heaven when, after signing a striker after being slagged off since last summer for not buying another one, that VVD got crocked and gave the moaners an opportunity to berate him over not signing a new CH. I guess if Caceres does sign and is a success, the pitchfork brigade will find another reason to attack Reed, or find another target at the club.

This forum often takes on the characteristics of a mob. One of the irrational urges of a mob is to find a scapegoat upon which to vent its rage and frustration.

When the club is going through a difficult spell, it is often difficult to pin down exactly what the reasons might be. It can be a variety of things going on simultaneously, and it's not always easy to unravel specific causes and effects. But mobs don't like nuance and complexity; they like to pin blame on somebody, especially someone they dislike for other reasons (which they may or may not be conscious of).

Mobs like scapegoats. Today it's Reed; yesterday it was Yoshida; the day before that Ward-Prowse. Pinning blame is for people who want to find a quick solution, a magic formula, an easy answer. It's an irrational impulse.

I've pretty much had it with the phony fans and / haters taking the **** in here, sorry to report. It's sad. Really sympathize with you guys trying to hold it together with rational discourse while supporting the club.

I know I'm just a weirdo foreigner obsessed with a team -- hell, a sport -- that I have no birthright to, but I have got to say that some people here, if they do think of themselves as genuine SFC people, should be ashamed of themselves. You're acting like front-running, crybaby American sports fans, for reals. I should know. There's valued dissent, then there's rancid, toxicity: learn the difference and get on the right side of supporting the players, the manager and the staff.

To the Scummers on here: **** off to the fourth, please.

Everybody else: Up the Saints!

No disrespect mate but a couple of things.....

1) Don't use the word phony, please, I'm begging you.

2) having an opinion doesn't make you any less of a fan.

3) Just so you're aware, we're all scummers. Hence the nickname often used today 'scum army'. Portsmouth are called Skates.

On a serious note (not directly aimed at you) a fan like yourself is everything I hate about the PL. It seems we acquired a number of American fans with no affiliation to the club since coming back to the PL, I just pray the same doesn't happen in China. It almost feels like the real fans are forgotten about (pre seasons in USA & China) in order to gain support and revenue in the Far East or USA etc...

There's nothing I hate more than tourists with iPads, cameras and half and half scarfs at football.

3) Just so you're aware, we're all scummers. Hence the nickname often used today 'scum army'. Portsmouth are called Skates.

On a serious note (not directly aimed at you) a fan like yourself is everything I hate about the PL. It seems we acquired a number of American fans with no affiliation to the club since coming back to the PL, I just pray the same doesn't happen in China. It almost feels like the real fans are forgotten about (pre seasons in USA & China) in order to gain support and revenue in the Far East or USA etc...

There's nothing I hate more than tourists with iPads, cameras and half and half scarfs at football.

How does that work pal?

Don't really understand why acquiring new fans can be a bad thing to be honest. Like it or not, the big clubs that we (apparently) aspire to emulate have vast fan bases in America and Asia and use the increased revenue to fund, amongst other things, transfers etc. Does it really bother you if we hold pre-season in a foreign country where the average Southampton fan can't follow? Ultimately local fans are always advantaged (and not forgotten about) because they are lucky enough to be able to attend all games if they choose.

Out of interest, what would you class as a 'real' fan? Someone with an SO postcode? Someone from the UK? I just don't really understand why people in foreign countries can't choose to follow Saints and why, if they choose to do so and feel strongly enough about them to post on a message board, they should be considered any less of a fan than someone who has the privilege of attending live matches.

That's illogical. How can the term "a fan like yourself" not be directly aimed at him? :rolleyes:

If somebody considers themselves a fan of the club they are affiliated, regardless of your hateful, tribal attitude.

A friend of mine, who has lived in Manchester all of his life (he's in his mid-60s), has been an Everton fan since he was about 10 yrs. old. (I don't understand that myself, but there you go!) Would you say he is not a real fan because he is unaffiliated?

Can someone who has lived all their life in Southampton be a fan of an NFL team? Would you allow that?

So who would you consider a real fan? Is it a matter of nationality, place of residence, gender, ethnicity, age, attendance at home games, attendance at away games, listening via computer? Pray tell; who would you consider acceptable?

In my opinion, a real fan is magnanimous, open-minded and welcoming of new support. You don't seem to meet those criteria.

Edited by Hamilton Saint

I had to read this post twice to make sure that it was as gratuitously offensive as it seemed at first blush. It was.