Martin Caceres Signs - Official

Katalinic

So, South American recently playing in Serie A, work permits, recovering from an injury, probably not match fit...

Seems it has the hallmarks of a classic Saints signing.

Nice one Les, it was all so avoidable

We basically shop in TK Maxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, South American recently playing in Serie A, work permits, recovering from an injury, probably not match fit...

Seems it has the hallmarks of a classic Saints signing.

Nice one Les, it was all so avoidable

Hasn't played since February 2016 having just come back from injury in January. Even if we get him, hardly likely to be ready for Sunderland or Man U is he (though he may be more fit that Florin Gardos looks). Still may help with the run-in/relegation fight from March to May.

Hasn't played since February 2016 having just come back from injury in January. Even if we get him, hardly likely to be ready for Sunderland or Man U is he (though he may be more fit that Florin Gardos looks). Still may help with the run-in/relegation fight from March to May.

After yesterday this is probably the more critical consideration

He was on trial at Palace so they must be in a decent position to sign him. We also know from Sakho that overpaying isn't as much of a factor for them as it seem to be for us. Also the work permit mustn't be seen as a challenge. He wouldnt turn down AC Milan for the PL only to find he cannot sign for anyone in England.

Biggest concern with Cacares is his last game was Feb 2016 (he only played 6 or 7 times for Juve last season) and he has been a free agent for 7 months.

Is it really worth the money? I guess due to our awful CB position it probably is, but would certainly take him time to get match fit.

We have to look at it, but the fact the competition is Palace and Sunderland says it all. He isn't suddenly going to be a saviour but if fit would add experience and options.

He was on trial at Palace so they must be in a decent position to sign him. We also know from Sakho that overpaying isn't as much of a factor for them as it seem to be for us. Also the work permit mustn't be seen as a challenge. He wouldnt turn down AC Milan for the PL only to find he cannot sign for anyone in England.

Biggest concern with Cacares is his last game was Feb 2016 (he only played 6 or 7 times for Juve last season) and he has been a free agent for 7 months.

Is it really worth the money? I guess due to our awful CB position it probably is, but would certainly take him time to get match fit.

We have to look at it, but the fact the competition is Palace and Sunderland says it all. He isn't suddenly going to be a saviour but if fit would add experience and options.

Apparently AC Milan only offered him a basic of about 4K a week plus 25K per match started. Can probably get more from TV punditry or China than that so it was a no go.

29 year old defender that also plays as a good full back on both sides, has played 66 times for Juventus and 13 times at Barcelona, has a 1st and 2nd place Champions League medal.

also has a la liga and 5 Serie A medals plus 6 other cups medals.

played for Uruguay 66 times played at 2 world cups and won copa america with them...

gardos, yoshida and jack 3rd 4th and 5th back up defenders

i'l say lets stick with yoshida and jack

I picked this up from one of the Palace forums: in order to sign a free agent a PL team has to have a spare slot available on the roster of 25 squad players submitted by Feb 3. Palace submitted a full squad of 25, so cannot sign Caceres. I wonder if any of our residents rules experts agree with this?

I picked this up from one of the Palace forums: in order to sign a free agent a PL team has to have a spare slot available on the roster of 25 squad players submitted by Feb 3. Palace submitted a full squad of 25, so cannot sign Caceres. I wonder if any of our residents rules experts agree with this?

Well yes, no point in signing a player if you already have 25 senior pros named on your roster because you can't change it until summer now.

29 year old defender that also plays as a good full back on both sides, has played 66 times for Juventus and 13 times at Barcelona, has a 1st and 2nd place Champions League medal.

also has a la liga and 5 Serie A medals plus 6 other cups medals.

played for Uruguay 66 times played at 2 world cups and won copa america with them...

gardos, yoshida and jack 3rd 4th and 5th back up defenders

i'l say lets stick with yoshida and jack

i don't know anything about us bloke apart from having heard his name a few times. Genuine question ..... How does he come to be a free agent then?

If hes fit and ready to go then why not

Read somewhere hes played less than 100 games in the last 7 years? Take it hes injury prone and his reputation has dropped and dropped as a result of injuries rather than form?

We are desperate so.....

Three and a half year contract on £100,000 a week it is then.