Martin Caceres Signs - Official

Katalinic

Given his resemblance to the loon Osvaldo, we must hope that he doesn't nut Yoshida in training and go on a bender for three years.

If he curls in a cracker of a goal against a Manchester team first, I don't think we'll be complaining. :-D

Just seen that the cultured Neal Trotman is also available as a free agent - connections to the club, only 29, clearly hungry, but unlikely to improve. Les could arrest some of the negativity by unveiling both tomorrow in a Speedie / Dixon 'we planned this all along' reveal.

So we are signing a injury prone has been....... Why didn't we sign a decent defender before we actually sold Fonte? Not rocket science Les.

In a nutshell. There was enough time to sort it and also in the summer to replace Pelle. I reckon the Board decided to to take a chance and now things are looking a little precarious have suddenly gone into panic mode.

They have been complacent for about 2 years !

Be interesting to see how long the deal is - if it is 6 months with an option for a further year what would the option be down to - automatic based on a set criteria or would player and club both need to be happy with it? Can't see him hanging around if it went well as he'd have bigger clubs after him. But even if we did keep him for another year that's 80k or so a week swallowed up and be interesting to see how / if that impacts our planned spending on the other one or two centre backs we've targeted.

Why does he just make stuff up ? Says were paying him 100k p/w "even though he hasn't played for A YEAR" :mcinnes:

The headline (and the content come to that) doesn't actually say we are paying him 100k, it implies it, but the way it is used is an adjective. It's all about the headline to generate clicks!!

Why does he just make stuff up ? Says were paying him 100k p/w "even though he hasn't played for A YEAR" :mcinnes:

So what makes you think he's making it up? Our wage structure isn't as low as you'd think. Osvaldo early very very well, Ramirez also.

Good riddance to hypochondriac. Hopefully he learns how to be civil in his time away from the forum.

Yep, he's a proper wind up merchant who makes no decent contribution and I suspect has made many genuine fan steer clear of the site.

More to follow?

Did I read hasn't played since last February...recovering from Achilles tendon injury. I'm not a doctor but my mate ruptured his achilles tendon and it's just about stopped him playing any sport...complete lack of movement despite top surgeons etc.

Why we would pay silly money for this guy and let Sakho (widely regarded by Liverpool fans as their best defender) go to Palace beggars belief.

You can smell the desperation.

Did I read hasn't played since last February...recovering from Achilles tendon injury. I'm not a doctor but my mate ruptured his achilles tendon and it's just about stopped him playing any sport...complete lack of movement despite top surgeons etc.

Why we would pay silly money for this guy and let Sakho (widely regarded by Liverpool fans as their best defender) go to Palace beggars belief.

You can smell the desperation.

I believe that's why we have medicals.

The only desperation I can smell is in your trolling.

Its pretty clear that the club ****ed up in transfer window with regards to a CB but lets be honest, with Gardos coming back to fitness, if VVD hadn't been badly injured they'd have got away with. OK its not perfect (by a long way) but at least they are trying to recover the situation so I'm not really sure why people are getting upset about this player signing (sure it smacks of desperation because it is) but would people rather the club did nothing? **** happens even in the best run organizations and the club can rightly take some flak for dropping the ball but I'm not going to criticize them for trying to put it right even if the solution isn't great.

Its pretty clear that the club ****ed up in transfer window with regards to a CB but lets be honest, with Gardos coming back to fitness, if VVD hadn't been badly injured they'd have got away with. OK its not perfect (by a long way) but at least they are trying to recover the situation so I'm not really sure why people are getting upset about this player signing (sure it smacks of desperation because it is) but would people rather the club did nothing? **** happens even in the best run organizations and the club can rightly take some flak for dropping the ball but I'm not going to criticize them for trying to put it right even if the solution isn't great.

Fair comment, they made a mistake, are now trying to minimise the damage and in so doing are being slagged off by some !

"Damned if they do, damned if they don't" !

It's fair comment, but what really bothers me about the situation is it was so avoidable. Puel/Reed clearly decided they were going to ship Fonte out, but why let him go before another CB was signed, it does stink of rank amateurism. When the club and Reed are happy to pump out the PR about how well run we are, the Southampton Way, the 'Black Box' its not surprising people aren't prepared to cut them some slack.

It's fair comment, but what really bothers me about the situation is it was so avoidable. Puel/Reed clearly decided they were going to ship Fonte out, but why let him go before another CB was signed, it does stink of rank amateurism. When the club and Reed are happy to pump out the PR about how well run we are, the Southampton Way, the 'Black Box' its not surprising people aren't prepared to cut them some slack.

Agreed. Fair enough they messed up and are trying to salvage it but the fact this situation was allowed to arise in the first place, when completely avoidable and with weeks to sort, is ridiculous. Also not particularly happy with the fact that had VVD not been crocked we would have likely just risked it with what we have. Given LR's assurances about how well run we are it's not surprising they've taken a lot of flack here for dropping the ball and leaving us short in two consecutive windows.

The club gambled hindsight shows it to be a poor gamble but had VVD stayed fit with Gardos coming back they'd have got away with it in all likely hood.

I doubt the club thought they could buy a decent replacement for Fonte in Jan and figured Yoshida could step up and Gardos and Stephens could play back up. Then Vardy does for VVD quite late in the window and they went into panic mode and ****ed up a replacement.

Its a cock up no doubt (just like the Toby to spurs one was) and the club deserve some flak but even the best run organizations ****up sometimes.

The club gambled hindsight shows it to be a poor gamble but had VVD stayed fit with Gardos coming back they'd have got away with it in all likely hood.

I doubt the club thought they could buy a decent replacement for Fonte in Jan and figured Yoshida could step up and Gardos and Stephens could play back up. Then Vardy does for VVD quite late in the window and they went into panic mode and ****ed up a replacement.

Its a cock up no doubt (just like the Toby to spurs one was) and the club deserve son flam but even the best run organizations ****up sometimes.

There were still almost 10 days to go when Vardy did for Virgil. That's almost a third of the window.

One plus for Careces is he was very popular with the Juventus fans , he is very all in when he plays gives 110 % they had a nickname Pelado for him which as far as I can tell is kinda like Mexican street fighter . Also very well liked in the dressing room certainly NOT an Osvaldo type character

There were still almost 10 days to go when Vardy did for Virgil. That's almost a third of the window.

I do agree to a certain extent, although the club have said that they always take their time over making signings, and deals take a while to sort out - negotiate with the club, with the agent, etc. Nevertheless, they knew Fonte was leaving, so they should've had an idea of some replacements.

and? They IMO had no intention of replacing Fonte in Jan. That's not to say the club didn't have an idea of who they want to replace him only that they didn't think they could or (perhaps needed to) replace him in Jan instead of the summer. With Gardos coming back to provided cover my bet is the club planned to wait until the summer to bring in Fonte's replacement in

When VVD got injured the whole situation changed and the had 10 days to get in a replacement in. The CBs we were linked with where short term loans which pretty much says to me they weren't looking to bring in Fonte's replacement in Jan other wise they would have had someone lined up.

Like I said the club gambled and got it wrong and they ****ed up.

£100k a week!!?!? For someone who gets injured, another man to sit on our bench earning loads. Must be no other options, although this is crazy and you can tell it's desperation at least they know how serious it is that we attempt to get replacements in.

Vardy has ****ed us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£100k a week!!?!? For someone who gets injured, another man to sit on our bench earning loads. Must be no other options, although this is crazy and you can tell it's desperation at least they know how serious it is that we attempt to get replacements in.

Vardy has ****ed us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't 100k a week, don't know where you've got that from.

and? They IMO had no intention of replacing Fonte in Jan. With Gardos coming back to provided cover my bet is the club planned to wait until the summer to bring in Fonte's replacement in

When VVD got injured the whole situation changed and the had 10 days to get in a replacement in.

Like I said the club gambled and got it wrong and they ****ed up.

Incisive.