Martin Caceres Signs - Official

Katalinic

According to Adam Blackmore' date=' the pic of Caceres "training" was actually a photo from his fitness tests (I guess part of his medical) not him training with us.[/quote']

I'd be very surprised if he wasn't already doing some pretty intense fitness work. You don't need to wait for a work permit to come through to train. Would seem a bit of a waste of time if he was just sat around twiddling his thumbs in his hotel room whilst waiting for the permit to be approved.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15082097.TRANSFER_UPDATE__Caceres_can_bring__quality_and_spirit_/?ref=mac

According to the Echo, he can't even be in the country until the work permit is sorted.

Update: my wife, who's a visa & immigration adviser, has just said he'll need to apply for his Tier 2 sports persons visa from outside the UK, so this is probably true.

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

They said that it should be done by Tuesday according to Adam Blackmore in the pre match build up.

I was listening on Solent while watching a cracking 6-3 game in the Wessex League. During the game Blackmore said about Tuesday again, and also that he was back in Uruguay until it is announced. No mention of anything to do with his brother.

Hopefully we don't get gazzumped. Rumours that Barcelona are considering Caceres (amongst others) as replacement for the injured Aleix Vidal.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170212/414272327286/aleix-vidal-barca-fichajes-lateral-derecho.html

If he's signed, as some have claimed, & we're just waiting for a work permit, then surely it's too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's signed, as some have claimed, & we're just waiting for a work permit, then surely it's too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solent pretty adamant he hadn't signed as of yesterday but he had passed the medical club were waiting on the work permit...I'm sure if Barca come in as being reported we will lose out on him.

Hopefully we don't get gazzumped. Rumours that Barcelona are considering Caceres (amongst others) as replacement for the injured Aleix Vidal.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170212/414272327286/aleix-vidal-barca-fichajes-lateral-derecho.html

Reads like newspaper speculation to me. They list a number of available players. The piece on Caceres makes no mention of Southampton. La incógnita es saber si está completamente recuperado de su lesion - the unknown is knowing if he is completely recovered from his injury - suggests that the journalist doesn't know that he's about to sign for Saints or that would surely be another uncertainty they would mention.

I think they would have played even without this. Just seems too much of a gamble to send someone into a final without any game time

yeah I've very much doubt we would throw the bloke straight into a cup final having not played any competitive football for months. While hardly perfect Yoshida and Stephens are at least match fit and starting to form a partnership.

He has already been at Barca and was pretty much a failure. Very unlikely they would have one injury and suddenly sign him for their first XI. I expect they will be able to replace Vidal from within handily enough.

The family situation more likely to throw a spanner in the works but it seems like its all agreed for him to come here, just waiting for the work permit to be sorted.

Why is that? He's such a behind the scenes, quietly working away, never looking for praise kinda guy. The blokes so humble that most fans have never heard of him.

If he didn't do those videos or interviews you lot would be complaining about transparency, being kept in the dark, not caring about fans whah whah whah. Your post explains my point, Les will get the blame.

If he didn't do those videos or interviews you lot would be complaining about transparency, being kept in the dark, not caring about fans whah whah whah. Your post explains my point, Les will get the blame.

Every time he does one of those videos telling us how great we are and how we don't need to sell, we end up selling our best player.... I'd rather he didn't do them videos / interviews to be fair!

You lot? :)

Transparency/Spin is of no interest to me. It only holds weight for as long as it takes to say and can mean the total opposite will happen. I see no purpose in self promo vids.