Charlie Austin investigated by police

Wimborne_saint

What is it with footballers and driving incidents? I hope Hampshire Police get to the bottom of this. Just goes to show that theses young men can't handle the big egos and big horse power. Why not limit younger drivers so they can only drive cars with certain power, just like they do with motorbikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is it with footballers and driving incidents? I hope Hampshire Police get to the bottom of this. Just goes to show that theses young men can't handle the big egos and big horse power. Why not limit younger drivers so they can only drive cars with certain power, just like they do with motorbikes?

For one it was in October, secondly the cyclist is fine but you wouldn't get that from the Sun's story, and thirdly Austin attended to the guy at the scene.

its a non story but don't let that stop you building it up.

on my way home tonight a cyclist just pulled straight out of a side road in front of me without even looking. But there's no chance this would have been the cyclist's fault, bound to be the money bags super ego footballer eh ?

What is it with judgemental posters making sweeping generalisations. Thank goodness the site limits these posters to 3 posts a day.

If I ever go to court I really hope you are not in the jury!

Another piece of Churnalism with sensational headlines.

I noticed, whilst flicking through my wife's magazines that they use the same thing as well.

Best notables - DAVID BECKHAM QUESTIONED BY THE POLICE: - 'Whats it like being a footballer?' Asked Sting as Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland look on.

Princess Kate and Prince William in Jealousy controversy - Kate is upset that Prince George may become jealous Princess Charlotte, 19 months

If anything he actually comes out of this well.

Just the gutter press trying to make a story out of nothing. Accidents happen to everyone. If the police press charges for dangerous driving then it becomes a story but until then, this is a total non story.

Whats the difference between Red and Green?

Nothing if you are a cyclist.

This came from a Driving awareness Course where a woman was there for driving through a red light, and what ****ed her off was it was soem temporary traffic lights and it was her and two cyclists and she was the only one pulled by the police. Unfortunatly I see it all the time especially when I was on the roads. They don't obey the traffic lights, drive in and out of the cones, use the pavement when they want to, don't indicate and never look over their shoulder. I did hit one once, at a crossing on a slip road, he was a traffic user, then decided he was a 'pedestrian', jumped up on the kerb and shot across in front of me on the crossing and I caught the back of him. No major damage done and caught on CCTV and my traffic cam, so when the old bill came and I showed them my footage, his story changed rapidly.

I don't think that all cyclists are twots just a select few, as with other drivers, but the problem is they get away with doing all this with abandon and never get caught, prosecuted, or held to account. And they like putting their adventures on Youtube.

fair play to Charlie for sticking around and taking responsibility.

This came from a Driving awareness Course where a woman was there for driving through a red light, and what ****ed her off was it was soem temporary traffic lights and it was her and two cyclists and she was the only one pulled by the police. Unfortunatly I see it all the time especially when I was on the roads. They don't obey the traffic lights, drive in and out of the cones, use the pavement when they want to, don't indicate and never look over their shoulder. I did hit one once, at a crossing on a slip road, he was a traffic user, then decided he was a 'pedestrian', jumped up on the kerb and shot across in front of me on the crossing and I caught the back of him. No major damage done and caught on CCTV and my traffic cam, so when the old bill came and I showed them my footage, his story changed rapidly.

I don't think that all cyclists are twots just a select few, as with other drivers, but the problem is they get away with doing all this with abandon and never get caught, prosecuted, or held to account. And they like putting their adventures on Youtube.

TBF according to the,article the cyclist didn't get away unpunished

Father-of-one Anthony, who lives in the city centre, was issued with a fixed penalty notice for riding through a traffic light on the bicycle

Unfortunately this is absolutely correct. There are many foreign students who use the route i take to and from work and they are a bloody menace doing all the things described above.

TBF according to the,article the cyclist didn't get away unpunished

Father-of-one Anthony, who lives in the city centre, was issued with a fixed penalty notice for riding through a traffic light on the bicycle

Good - about time. When I used to work in London, I was nearly nailed quite a few times by cyclists ploughing through red lights when the rest of the traffic had stopped. He should have got a separate penalty notice/ban for not wearing a helmet either. Motorists are rightly highly regulated and their road behaviour scrutinised. Whilst cycling is good for congestion and the environment, there are too many dangerous cyclists who see the Highway Code as an optional extra. Some hefty fines should change behaviour for the hardcore and help the responsible ones.

As a cyclist that observes the highway code I will have at least one incident per week where I will be nearly flattened by an unobservant driver. Loving the vitriolic anti cyclist spiel on this thread. There are idiots using every type of vehicle.

As a cyclist that observes the highway code I will have at least one incident per week where I will be nearly flattened by an unobservant driver. Loving the vitriolic anti cyclist spiel on this thread. There are idiots using every type of vehicle.

But in my experience the proportion of cyclists who think they are above the law is significantly higher than their car-driving counterparts. Like Saint1977, (good birth year...) I saw it at its worst in London. Those that commit such acts also tend to be overly aggressive/defensive (if you can be both at the same time...)

But in my experience the proportion of cyclists who think they are above the law is significantly higher than their car-driving counterparts. Like Saint1977, (good birth year...) I saw it at its worst in London. Those that commit such acts also tend to be overly aggressive/defensive (if you can be both at the same time...)

You've got to be a little bit mental to commute by bike in central London anyway. Doesn't matter how careful drivers/cyclists are, people are constantly being injured/killed. I've personally witness 2 deaths and countless accidents over the last few years. It's just not worth it.

It is easily done. A few near misses in the space of a few minutes and the wrong person cops a mouthful. Been guilty my self. Try to keep an air of mild sarcasm instead these days.