• Romeu
    • Davis
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Gabbiadini
    • Højbjerg
    • Long

Quite frankly after his performance last week Jay-Rod was lucky to be on the bench.

as has been said I suspect he will leave in the summer, it's a shame but I really don't think he will get back to the form he showed before that awful injury. Maybe that's a big part of his frustration, who knows ?

On coach with many hours of the journey left, but who cares! Credit to Puel-a number of us last week (check the threads!) said after Wet Spam game that we needed to shield Yoshida and Stephens more by either switching to 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1. When I saw team sheet I feared the worst and assumed we would again be 4-3-3. But Puel asked Davis to play a holding role alongside Romeo for 80 mins and the two of them were superb. We looked far more solid, wining second bals and very fluid upfront. And Gabi looks a class act...two points off 9th and a cup final. Happy loyal travelling fans

On coach with many hours of the journey left, but who cares! Credit to Puel-a number of us last week (check the threads!) said after Wet Spam game that we needed to shield Yoshida and Stephens more by either switching to 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1. When I saw team sheet I feared the worst and assumed we would again be 4-3-3. But Puel asked Davis to play a holding role alongside Romeo for 80 mins and the two of them were superb. We looked far more solid, wining second bals and very fluid upfront. And Gabi looks a class act...two points off 9th and a cup final. Happy loyal travelling fans

[emoji56]

Palace must be awful to get thumped at home by that lot. What is it with Jay Rod? After last week's first half perhaps he should wind his neck in. Good win perfect timing just wish we had Barry for Europe.

Alas football isn't that straightforward. I would assume Sunderland played a little bit better when Spurs couldn't beat them. Or are Spurs super sh1t?

It's a shame JRod is acting this way. After a fantastic performance at Bournemouth, he's kept his name in the frame - can't expect to be selected all the time, especially as his other performances have left a bit to be desired.

This is when Puel needs to have a reassuring chat, to keep him happy at least til season's end (when he'll likely go elsewhere - (JRod, not Puel)).

I get he wants to play every game. But he hasn't shown enough to warrant automatic selection. Subs were spot on by Puel today. Didn't badge Jrod as an ego but he does seem to be handling it the wrong way.

I agree but can understand why he's s frustrated, he was obviously told he couldn't go to West Brom in january and now isn't being used.

I agree but can understand why he's s frustrated, he was obviously told he couldn't go to West Brom in january and now isn't being used.

What does he want, to play when there's better options, or for us to let him go & leave ourselves short. The simple fact is he's had 10 times the playing time of Gabbi & has blown it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Tadic will be loving playing with Gabba - he shows the early and quick movement that tadic will find.
Tadic does have a good history of playing with tall Italians.

I think the rest and the week of training did everyone some good. I feel like the players hadn't had a moment to breathe that last 20 matches, the matches were coming so fast, one after the other.

would be nice if the could get a friendly in next weekend.. nothing strenuous, just something to keep them sharp a bit.

Great result! think this is starting to spell the end of JayRod. Annoyingly he's one of my favourite players - but I can't see much of a role for him going forward.

Could end up sulking himself into being sidelined and dropped altogether. Does he not want to be in the squad for the final?

Could end up sulking himself into being sidelined and dropped altogether. Does he not want to be in the squad for the final?

If we dropped all players that complain about the rotation would we have enough players left for the final? I doubt it

Imagine quite a few are feeling like Jay is. Jay (& Long) has been dropped after each game he's scored in... I'd probably be annoyed too

What a great tonic and way to go into the cup final. After a terribly start we played well and could have won by more. What a difference getting that first goal makes. We ran Sunderland ragged ,won everything and passed the ball well. Romeu had another stormer and Gabbi's movement and link up play with Tadic was what we have been missing. The last few games have shown that we really are a mid table side. Fans ought to bare that in mind when a few results don't go our way. Sunderland are a poor side. United will be a different animal altogether. If we can just win this game in two weeks time the season can turn itself around massively.

Edited by Chez

Doesn't do himself any favours with the sort of feeble performance he puts in when selected though, in particular last week v West Ham.

And England beat Wales in Cardiff, not a bad day.

Yes, and Mane schooling Poche is adding to the enjoyment!

Well played Saints - apart from the 1st 15 minutes that was really enjoyable to watch.

Gabi, Romeu, Bertrand, Tadic, Redmond, Stephens, Yoshi, JWP, Cedric, all had a good game.

That certainly gives us fans some much needed confidence going in to the cup final!

A word for Jrod though.

Let's be magnanimous in our celebrations eh?

You must feel really hyped up on the bench when you think you're about to come on.

Then if it doesn't go your way I'd find it hard to just not be bothered.

He's clearly gagging to play - isn't that a good thing?

Great win, vital win and should stave off any fears of relegation now.

Gabbi will rightly get plaudits and has made a big difference but we always are better side when Tadic is on form and sees lots of the ball.

Slight shame we have to wait 2 weeks before playing again, hopefully we can keep the confidence high from this win because we have good players when they are playing with freedom.

Would you have preferred us to have not signed a striker in January and just relied on Jay Rod instead? Because we can't be having him all upset can we?

Tadic does have a good history of playing with tall Italians.

I think the rest and the week of training did everyone some good. I feel like the players hadn't had a moment to breathe that last 20 matches, the matches were coming so fast, one after the other.

would be nice if the could get a friendly in next weekend.. nothing strenuous, just something to keep them sharp a bit.

The irony in you suggesting we need to arrange an extra game would surely be lost on Puel?

Sunderland. I've seen better subbuteo teams.

Marks based on the fact that the opposition looked like they'd never seen a football before. If they do not finish bottom of the pile then I will be surprised.

Forster. 3. Air punch in the first half from a corner. Saved what what hit straight at him. Didn't even make an effort for the disallowed goal whereas a good keeper would always want to not let a goal in.

Cedric. 5 Ok. Can't shoot. Can't beat a man very much. Had to play against the paper-thin and lightweight Januzai who fell to the floor a lot. A generous mark but I feel like it.

Stephens. 5. Defending is the weakest part of his game. I'd move him forward alongside Romeu.

Yoshida. 5. Decent enough.

Bertrand. 6. Reasonable game but he's a damn good player so I expect him to be very good as a minimum so I'm not giving him any credit for playing within himself.

Davis. 5. No opposition to trouble him. He's actually played a lot better.

JWP 0 (zero). He isn't a footballer. Brushed off the ball by Januzai for probably the only time in the latter's career. Tried a Cruyff turn and couldn't execute it and didn't know what to do. Kills play because all he can do is pass sideways. Didn't score when he hit that shot in the second half. Played too much propaganda football: I wonder what Strachan would have made of him. Assume he has something on the club as I'd have cancelled his contract.

Redmond. 5. One of his quieter games. Bit like Bertrand but as he can do so much more and didn't he gets marked down. Liked the fact that he was shouting at players to give him an option and they were static when he had the ball. Liked the fact that he drove into the box, went for goal and had a shot with his left foot. Reasonable effort, too.

Tadic. 4. Reasonably talented. Too one-footed. Doesn't do a lot. Seems to have limited vision: is only aware of about 10 yards around him. One of his poorer games. I would probably get rid of him in the summer.

Barry/Gabby/Manny. 6. Makes a load of good runs that are ignored because the crab pass is on. Touch looks ok but not great. You can see his mind is working all the time: proper footballer.

Long. 5. Scored. Maybe should have got another with his header (and then my 5-0 prediction would have won me some cash) and did what he did.

Hojbjerg. No mark. Not on long enough.

As it's a cup final and so on I expect based on that performance which wasn't dissimilar to many of our others, in fact we've played better and lost, that Utd will beat us convincingly at Wembley.

Marks based on the fact that the opposition looked like they'd never seen a football before. If they do not finish bottom of the pile then I will be surprised.

Forster. 3. Air punch in the first half from a corner. Saved what what hit straight at him. Didn't even make an effort for the disallowed goal whereas a good keeper would always want to not let a goal in.

Cedric. 5 Ok. Can't shoot. Can't beat a man very much. Had to play against the paper-thin and lightweight Januzai who fell to the floor a lot. A generous mark but I feel like it.

Stephens. 5. Defending is the weakest part of his game. I'd move him forward alongside Romeu.

Bertrand. 6. Reasonable game but he's a damn good player so I expect him to be very good as a minimum so I'm not giving him any credit for playing within himself.

JWP 0 (zero). He isn't a footballer. Brushed off the ball by Januzai for probably the only time in the latter's career. Tried a Cruyff turn and couldn't execute it and didn't know what to do. Kills play because all he can do is pass sideways. Didn't score when he hit that shot in the second half. Played too much propaganda football: I wonder what Strachan would have made of him. Assume he has something on the club as I'd have cancelled his contract.

Redmond. 5. One of his quieter games. Bit like Bertrand but as he can do so much more and didn't he gets marked down. Liked the fact that he was shouting at players to give him an option and they were static when he had the ball. Liked the fact that he drove into the box, went for goal and had a shot with his left foot. Reasonable effort, too.

Tadic. 4. Reasonably talented. Too one-footed. Doesn't do a lot. Seems to have limited vision: is only aware of about 10 yards around him. One of his poorer games. I would probably get rid of him in the summer.

Barry/Gabby/Manny. 6. Makes a load of good runs that are ignored because the crab pass is on. Touch looks ok but not great. You can see his mind is working all the time: proper footballer.

Long. 5. Scored. Maybe should have got another with his header (and then my 5-0 prediction would have won me some cash) and did what he did.

As it's a cup final and so on I expect based on that performance which wasn't dissimilar to many of our others, in fact we've played better and lost, that Utd will beat us convincingly at Wembley.

Troll alert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't he get at least a "1" for an assist?

Dangermouth. 4. Trolls like Terry Hurlock used to tackle - obvious and unsophisticated. Needs to realise that subtlety is the way forward or else it's like fishing for goldfish using shark bait. Poor, poor effort. Could do a lot better.

I genuinely can't tell if that's a terrible attempt at trolling or satire :lol:

Saints win 4-0, our new striker looks like a star, our next match is at Wembley, and England have just won a genuinely fantastic game against Wales in the 6 Nations Rugby.

This weekend is one of those where you remember why you like sport :)