League Cup Final Build Up Thread

View From The Top

Yeah, think we'd go into the 3rd qualifying round

Yes we'd initially qualify for 3rd qualifying round, however if a top 5 team wins the FA Cup we'd be bumped up to automatic group stage with the 6th place league team going into the qualifying round instead.

Talking about Europe Jose Mourinho is really having a moan about their fixture congestion let's hope that helps us in the final.

Yes we'd initially qualify for 3rd qualifying round, however if a top 5 team wins the FA Cup we'd be bumped up to automatic group stage with the 6th place league team going into the qualifying round instead.

Talking about Europe Jose Mourinho is really having a moan about their fixture congestion let's hope that helps us in the final.

Hopefully Arsenal will go all out for the FA Cup now...

Only just noticed that they have 3 games before we play each other on the 26th!

Only just noticed that they have 3 games before we play each other on the 26th!

Heard on radio this morning that Mourinho is planning on resting some players from tonight's match (possibly mind games), ideally St Etienne get a scoring draw or narrow defeat (away goal/s would be nice) tonight to keep the second leg on a knife edge and force them to send out a strong side to France. Sunday they play Blackburn in the cup so a weekend off for the big boys.

Other than the possibility of them picking up injuries, can't see much advantage to us and when they're performing like they are right now they'll all want to just keep playing.

Will a win guarantee Europa League next season?

Yes. Unless Leicester wins the CL, Man Utd wins Europa and finishes outside the top 5, and a non-top 5 team (but not Man Utd or Leicester) wins the FA cup. Then England gets one extra CL slot but 4th place loses out on a CL spot. The 5 CL slots go to 1st, 2nd, 3rd + Leicester and Man Utd, and the 3 Europa spots probably go to the FA cup winner and the 4th and 5th placed PL teams. I think. Anyway, one of the 5th placed team or us would lose out.

Of course the odds of that happening are about the same as Leicester winning the league last season.

Because we lost the coin toss and we are classed as the away team

Away shirts

Away dressing room

2nd on the match title

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It's still our shirt and we shouldn't have to be second best on our own shirt, for God's sake. Bet that coin toss was rigged too ...

WTF, why is'nt our name first? It's our shirt and we are playing MU, it should say Southampton vs Manchester United. Sort it, Les...

We're the away team, you may have noticed playing in an away shirt.

Due to the daft EFL rules we'll be playing in red shorts again too (unless we decide to wear the grey away shorts), I'd much prefer that, or all white, but the Mancs wear white shorts so we can't have the latter. Then again we wore red shorts at Bournemouth and it didn't do any harm (no comment about Inter away though).

Quirkiness; apart from the print on the shirt, and the EFL Cup badges, we've also got red numbers like the ones on the Europa League shirts. So there will be two sets of matchworn white shirts, the EFL Cup Final with red numbers and the Bournemouth away ones with black Premier league numbers.

Edited by The9

I'm trying to confirm 100% that a ticket I have access to is in the saints section. The block number is 552, seats 383 and 384.

Somebody has already kindly confirmed they have seats in the same block under seat 363 but i'm fairly confident there is a gangway between the two and as its on the half way line i don't want it to be the other side of the segregation.

The entrance listed is K. Would be grateful if somebody in the same block could confirm they have the same entrance and even better that they hold a seat number in the same block that is the same or higher in number than 383, or that they have seats in block 501 (I would have assumed that this is united territory)

If you are reading this and thinking, this guy is paranoid, then yes, you're right.

Thanks

Seeming more and more likely that Caceres may be involved from the start.

All noises coming from the club are suggesting this... No sure how I feel about it to be honest. It'll be his first appearance as a Saints player and he hasn't played a competitive 90min in some time. On the other hand, Stephens vs Zlatan is equally unappealing.

I'm trying to confirm 100% that a ticket I have access to is in the saints section. The block number is 552, seats 383 and 384.

Somebody has already kindly confirmed they have seats in the same block under seat 363 but i'm fairly confident there is a gangway between the two and as its on the half way line i don't want it to be the other side of the segregation.

The entrance listed is K. Would be grateful if somebody in the same block could confirm they have the same entrance and even better that they hold a seat number in the same block that is the same or higher in number than 383, or that they have seats in block 501 (I would have assumed that this is united territory)

If you are reading this and thinking, this guy is paranoid, then yes, you're right.

Thanks

Almost 100% certain that block 501 was on sale yesterday to Saints fans.

Thanks

Seat 363 in block 552 is closer to the Saints end than seats 383 and 384. Detailed seat diagram here: http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/wembley-stadium-chart-london/high-resolution/wembley-stadium-london-seating-plan-00a-Detailed-row-block-numbers-exact-concert-chart-high-resolution.htm

n0c3w4k-e6s55YKhZJeNE24PNfQ801r_kI8t6oPeWbtnngiv7-BONmungvhPcEXZ5fZS9k3PdVRNATDxuK6X93E72WXTQmYANxUCYGOa2ZRtyfHQD_hLxbRIzKiBXG5bOphn89ZXQRV5QYIAcYxTZXNjoND5TmjG7mXMVhe-BRF8n6vEr08g_gP6qPH12kQ4qRceV-YlaefAYEEPMblQCC8jIkUvdB8VtAo9U5q31-t8oDqMHdPKAG3baLRoSkTBGTa00rYYjPNuhU-aTvHQLCdM2sVBCssxss0CS5Rc5a_NBiPi1GQMjlUJAepLNUUNIj6V5pSPvTvKTecy4K2ogs9Yb5r7zUh6tOeM1bTm74PEwrvEVn6HsNtz-Dbc4Saw7AL5XG1Xsv7hMGz_7OAdqOdIAJXgQwK7h9uG8k8nW6ilbZZW6Azer4TJhwH5EscUR_jKSKRixtGlOBNCox_4Q0yrgv-PxH6GQ_9HfdSeOIIKYLuYraaYdwQG8xCwnQie86dmwseFw4up3GYmajDIfHUCPXrpbVdrlqWawXHNbri-XU4CuifMU3PIhLSGfBUgl1cR9HO7bMo8oROstrmR5jcANgIe_2QgPU_8x9urdoEeePx4kz93yQ=w890-h612-no

I'm pretty sure block 501 is for Saints fans too. The screenshot I took of the extra tickets being sold yesterday shows that we we were selling the upper block just to the right of the tunnel (as you look at it from the pitch) and that looks like block 501 to me:

J-YogL-S5quDf5Vp5ARGy_JSl65nrimgCD_l9FoF_9Evbtat2iyntNFvIT6hI2iT-DYgvVlPw6nl3B-0b1kTqMTDeimexMi8UBUn8tAjM9gEI4_6b7VrrKCdYu0BgLpwPjIYDBNsSQzBNO5FXZt9r8IwwX9kwB1AScdvQxU-LaRoA6NGy8GI48ka5ZPFBgQ1bcuKU2phczrUrMfRyuyeTFzUEFQGPdaLoz2TtfbikCC-12pV2AeNSVIww7PBNgiIGu7DFscZW17I7pcLUJjAI7cScX7zEaQB1_G67IGXvwjpoZanz7Nm694HVCuzlDI__3708EniaP_JUU2g3BNcEtofJQrft0_Vs8YQUMp5uaR5vETuGtdlOHBhBpsJggMygoUK0jp-0z8fqN_xcl6b-pB7SW3dCXs07eLLzUMsCkpRUmDYL6BUpN4d0KDtMAXh5vr0RJYv5qPjSzCarOMCI35X4uE4tflTSIVbjS1GCAb5STcE9ETrWwpP8smNtNxSpz0M6awVW7QH_tOCYcGthtzHLtA2SzpbxoC6Md1UnyZ4m-GU5ydbygpY03NanL_x28GSVuJPbt00-efdUMrInX5yub9LFCBUm6f-BLk5hID9sMe9wDSIsA=w844-h841-no

Either way, it looks pretty certain the seat you are being offered (363) is further away from the Man Utd fans than the seats you already have (383 and 384)

Thanks

The halfway line is between blocks 552 and 501. Seats are numbered clockwise in quadrants from the halway line so the Man Utd numbers start at 1(block 501) through 391(block 503) then 1 (514) through 393(526). I make that seven seats between you and the poor suffering plastic Mancs. You'll be almost on the halway line. Perfect view :)

http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/wembley-stadium-chart-london/high-resolution/wembley-stadium-london-seating-plan-00a-Detailed-row-block-numbers-exact-concert-chart-high-resolution.htm

Edit: Uncle Trousers beat me too it and has a more accurate interpretation.