League Cup Final Build Up Thread

View From The Top

Apologies, I'm a newbie. My son and I are spending the weekend in London and will be heading to Borough Market on Sunday then, probably to Wembley about 1.00'ish. Can anyone advise on whether Saints fans are advised to head for a particular tube station at Wembley? Also, I saw in the Echo that Saints have been allocated the Events Pad? Where exactly is this?

Can't wait for Sunday!! Saints cup final with my boy. One off the bucket list!

Romeu is class you plum

For us yes, but he's not good enough for united or any other top 4/6 team though.

Romeu has done very very well for us this year but he is being massively overrated. Some have even said he's better than wanyama :lol:

Romeu has found his level with us imo

I've got a strong suspicion that I'll down a pint or two before the game.

Think I'll try to get on that one before the bookies catch on.

You could do the reverse bet and then not have any.. Either way, as soon as such a bet exists you're going to disappoint someone and be had up by the FA, expecially if your name isn't Barton.

Perhaps a sweepstake as to how many you'll have throughout the day might be an idea?

You could do the reverse bet and then not have any.. Either way, as soon as such a bet exists you're going to disappoint someone and be had up by the FA, expecially if your name isn't Barton.

Perhaps a sweepstake as to how many you'll have throughout the day might be an idea?

Sweepstake would be good, but the problem is, and especially if we win, neither I nor anyone with me will be capable of any complicated numerical operation (like counting) by the end of the day. ?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Because he plays for saints. If he was at any other club you wouldn't.

You're the sort of person who thinks Martina has enough to do a job at a CL team, just because he plays for us.

I have an an opinion much like you mush and I rate Romeu higher than Herrera is that clear enough for you and

as for your comment re Martina, i would suggest your just being stupid for the sake of it or are angry because i dont agree with you.....

Regarding what sort of person i am, your opinion is fine as long as you accept that i think you are just a gobby sort of bloke who thinks he knows it all but clearly does`nt

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Anybody know of a live stream for Sunday ? German TV has decided not to bother because of an ice hockey match.

Will definitely appear closer to sunday. Would be worth paying for Sportsnation as a one off for £4 to watch this one probably? Full HD streams. Surely it'll be on your TV somewhere?

Just watched the training videos on the clubs snapchat. Cacares looks huge! On that basis I'd like him up against Zlatan.

I don't know what the greater gamble is. Playing a completely not match fit Caceres or the rookie Stephens.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Caceres. I've got a horrible feeling Stephens could freeze and get completely bullied by Zlatan

I don't know what the greater gamble is. Playing a completely not match fit Caceres or the rookie Stephens.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Caceres. I've got a horrible feeling Stephens could freeze and get completely bullied by Zlatan

Funnily enough when Caceres was announced I reached that same decision, but now thinking about it I don't think Stephens would let us down. He has plenty of lower league experience and has put in a couple of good shows for Saints recently. While Stephens and Yoshida have been playing together recently, the communication might be there, which I doubt it would be with Caceres. Caceres has the pedigree though. It's a tough call. Maybe Caceres for Yoshida! ;-)

I'm working at Alperton today (dealing with Gent fans going to the Spurs game), and being just up the road from Wembley I can see the arch from my platforms. Gutted I can't be there this Sunday (unless some heavenly angel has a spare ticket) but my missus has said she'll do me a full Roast Pork dinner (my favourite) to compensate. :-)

Playing Stephens would be far more of a gamble IMO.

Caceres, although he hasn't played in some time, has experience of CL, EL and massive fixtures at Barca and Juve. He's clearly a talented defender who has been unlucky with injury.

If he makes a mistake, he'll get over it. If Stephens makes a mistake then it could destroy his career.

Also, I would imagine Caceres has the experience and know how to deal with a player like Zlatan. Correct me if i'm wrong but would't he have played both with and against him at some point in his career in Spain and Italy?

Playing Stephens would be far more of a gamble IMO.

Caceres, although he hasn't played in some time, has experience of CL, EL and massive fixtures at Barca and Juve. He's clearly a talented defender who has been unlucky with injury.

If he makes a mistake, he'll get over it. If Stephens makes a mistake then it could destroy his career.

Also, I would imagine Caceres has the experience and know how to deal with a player like Zlatan. Correct me if i'm wrong but would't he have played both with and against him at some point in his career in Spain and Italy?

highly doubt this.

Yet Stephens managed to struggle through both semi finals against Liverpool. Why should he freeze? Is Wembley going to be that much more intimidating than Anfield? Perhaps it might help the lad grow in confidence?

Liverpool don't play with a tall, strong target man. West Ham and ManU do. Look how he didn't cope against Carroll.

Liverpool don't play with a tall, strong target man. West Ham and ManU do. Look how he didn't cope against Carroll.

To be fair Carroll's impact was on the ground that day, not in the air, that was just poor communication between Stephens and Yoshida leaving a massive gap, not a lack of aerial ability.

Yet Stephens managed to struggle through both semi finals against Liverpool. Why should he freeze? Is Wembley going to be that much more intimidating than Anfield? Perhaps it might help the lad grow in confidence?

Stephens played very well however they had a number of decent chances that I wouldn't expect United to miss.

I'm driving from Alton to Harrow Borough FC (with my 8-year-old boy) and having a spot of lunch there before catching the train to Wembley. My lad would love to see the team coaches arrive. Does anyone know roughly what time they will arrive and whether he will get near enough to grab an autograph or two?

Tempted to take my saints flag but doesn't seem to be many places to hang it. I'm on level 5 but will they be allowed to hang over the boxes ?

I go in Club Wembley quite a lot and there are always flags hanging over the side of level 5 above, so, yes, shouldn't be a problem

I'm driving from Alton to Harrow Borough FC (with my 8-year-old boy) and having a spot of lunch there before catching the train to Wembley. My lad would love to see the team coaches arrive. Does anyone know roughly what time they will arrive and whether he will get near enough to grab an autograph or two?

I was wondering about that myself , maybe worth an emailto the club.

I love this thread's name....

Will be watching from home in Switzerland, buzzing already, watching all the youtube vids the club is putting up, rewatching Longy's winner time and time again....

3 days and counting... COYS !!!!

Going for:

Man Beast

Slaying Soares --- Samurai Yosh -- Jack Ripper -- Rocket Ryan

Captain D -- Romeulus --- Just a Worldly Pass

Tad the conqueror -- Redmist

Gabba Gooooooalllllll

At the airport, waiting on my flight over. Been to four games this season and haven't seen a Saints win yet. Time for my luck to change...

With your record you might like to consider staying away from Wembley this weekend. Might I suggest that you attend our local Ward-Prowse feeder club's game this weekend and let your attendance allow their last couple of seasons normality to return i.e. they have not seen their club win much either!