League Cup Final Build Up Thread

View From The Top

So I've managed to secure an extra ticket for the final, meaning that I can keep a promise I made to my 12 year old lad before the semi final, BUT, the missus is saying I can't take him because: A: "you will be ****ed an hour up the road" & B: "he's got school in the morning and you will be back late".

so....what the hell do I do? A: respect her wishes (she is technically right) or B: divorce the ***** and give my lad an amazing day of memories that he'll never forget?

Answers on a postcard

So I've managed to secure an extra ticket for the final, meaning that I can keep a promise I made to my 12 year old lad before the semi final, BUT, the missus is saying I can't take him because: A: "you will be ****ed an hour up the road" & B: "he's got school in the morning and you will be back late".

so....what the hell do I do? A: respect her wishes (she is technically right) or B: divorce the ***** and give my lad an amazing day of memories that he'll never forget?

Answers on a postcard

I'll have it if he cannot attend?

But take the lad! A day off school is nothing for the experience he'll get on a day out!

Answers on a postcard

He has school 5 days a week for the next 4 years, we might not have another cup final. She can't stop you from taking him - what's she going to do, report him as kidnapped?

What is that inane song the United away fans keep singing at every away game? So monotonous…not in the spirit of the game itself.

Are we allowed to slag off their support?

I'm always told it's the best ever, that chant is awful.

Unlike the St Etienne first leg, the result doesn't really matter today. Unless by fight you mean a mass brawl with 4 Utd players being sent off (including the Zlatan who's on the bench) :thumbup:

Well it has some importance - if Blackburn had capitulated, Pogba and Zlatan wouldn't have come on and would have been extra fresh.

Blackburn taking this all the way and winning/drawing, and St Etienne at least threatening a fight back on wednesday is what we want. Get the Mancs working as hard as possible.

Answers on a postcard

Take the boy, the Doris can be replaced.

Answers on a postcard

B

How the feck have the Mancs been allowed to have the 2nd leg at St. Etienne, brought forward to Wednesday?

Thursday is Europa League day.

That's an absolute disgrace and final proof of the bias towards top clubs. Would have been very interesting if we'd still been in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Has anyone else just clocked that United are actually a very good side and will be well up for it, especially Mourinho, Pogba and Zlatan who will want to get their first trophy at the club?

Bricking it.

They're OK. Not the hardest to play against though. If you're bricking it then you're a wimp.

Answers on a postcard

Like I told my lads school when I took him to Milan...he'll remember this for his lifetime,what you will teach him in those few days, he will only remember till the end of the week if we are lucky!

Life is about experiences so make sure he has a good one!

How the feck have the Mancs been allowed to have the 2nd leg at St. Etienne, brought forward to Wednesday?

Thursday is Europa League day.

It's something to do Lyon and St Etienne both being drawn to play at home second leg and Lyon having first choice (Thursday) or something. Works to Utd's benefit unfortunately.

See Jose is getting his excuses and mind games ready if they lose to us next week

"Southampton is sleeping, is eating and resting and working for the League Cup final and we have had to play three tough games. It is so much more difficult for us, but for good reasons."

Just one more opportunity for Ibra, Mata and Pogba to get crocked against St Etienne away next week, however at 3-0 up I bet he rests them all

They're ok not unbeatable - we're not blackburn

I know they're not unbeatable, but the problem is Zlatan on his day DOES look unstoppable...and we're without VVD.

If we manage to nullify him (or he picks up an injury) I will immediately be a lot more optimistic. As it is we probably need to score at least twice.

Has anyone else just clocked that United are actually a very good side and will be well up for it, especially Mourinho, Pogba and Zlatan who will want to get their first trophy at the club?

Bricking it.

Christ, chill out.

It's something to do Lyon and St Etienne both being drawn to play at home second leg and Lyon having first choice (Thursday) or something. Works to Utd's benefit unfortunately.

Ah, seems like a reasonable explanation. So, Man Utd just got a bit lucky rather than crossing UEFA's palm with silver. At ease...

In that case I replace my previous uninformed rant with " lucky barstewards"

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I know they're not unbeatable, but the problem is Zlatan on his day DOES look unstoppable...and we're without VVD.

If we manage to nullify him (or he picks up an injury) I will immediately be a lot more optimistic. As it is we probably need to score at least twice.

All very true but I'm looking at their back four.

Our fans need to up their game next week otherwise we'll be drowned out by United singing 'something tells me I'm into something good" like they're doing at Blackburn at the moment.

I'm sure we'll put them in their place by telling them in no uncertain terms that they are just a small town near City and remind them that we support our local team. If anyone gets particularly lemon they might end up with a giant foam hand wrapped round their canister or worse still an item of confectionary placed on their head.

I'm sure we'll put them in their place by telling them in no uncertain terms that they are just a small town near City and remind them that we support our local team. If anyone gets particularly lemon they might end up with a giant foam hand wrapped round their canister or worse still an item of confectionary placed on their head.

Good poster gone boring - Time to change the record.

You need a second play that doesn't include foam hands.

All whilst you shake your head condescendingly and start zero original chants, no doubt.

All whilst you shake your head condescendingly and start zero original chants, no doubt.

Absolutely Geoff. Football is a good leveller. If things aren't great its always good to mingle amongst our fans and remind yourself that you're still vastly superior than at least 95% of the population.

I think some of you are mistaking me being a bit nervous about our first chance at major silverware in 13 years for me running around in a panic screaming "we're doomed"...

You didn't say you were a bit nervous. You said you were "bricking it"!

I'm glad to hear you're just a bit nervous. :)

Ah, seems like a reasonable explanation. So, Man Utd just got a bit lucky rather than crossing UEFA's palm with silver. At ease...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-play-second-leg-9443689

"The proximity of the clubs means that one game had to be brought forward"

It's not Dundee and Dundee Utd FFS. The stadia are over 40 miles apart. :rolleyes:

See Jose is getting his excuses and mind games ready if they lose to us next week

"Southampton is sleeping, is eating and resting and working for the League Cup final and we have had to play three tough games. It is so much more difficult for us, but for good reasons."

Just one more opportunity for Ibra, Mata and Pogba to get crocked against St Etienne away next week, however at 3-0 up I bet he rests them all

Yep Jose's side has dropped untold millions on players, essentially assembled two squads of full internationals while other teams have to make do with far less, spent stupid money on wages and enjoyed some modest success because of it that sees United still active in 4 competitions. Life isn't fair is it.