Eric Black article

doddisalegend

:suspicious: stays in a village B&B and pub. Wont be difficult to pack up and leave then.

Seems to have a job here after a promise from Puel many moons ago.... Definitely not here on merit, his record and reputation not great.

A very good article, appears to have a balanced and articulate view. None of us know how the players judge him ... why make statements you can. It justify how ever true you believe them to be. Let's try to be together as one and look forward to Wembley as many others on this site have suggested

fair do's I like the word descriptive yet says nothing much like a Les Reed interview :D

;)..

I don't know what I think about the intense positivity culture. On some levels its great, ive experienced it in the US as well - but Ive also seen people greet others saying how absolutely wonderful and awesome it is to see them again, and criticise them an hour later. Very hard to make it genuine and not false.

Edited by buctootim

;)..

I don't know what I think about the intense positivity culture. On some levels its great, ive experienced it in the US as well - but Ive also seen people greet others saying how absolutely wonderful and awesome it is to see them again, and criticise them an hour later. Very hard to make it genuine and not false.

It just sounds like the sort of thing saints would be well into my guess is it was Ralph's idea. I actually found Erics description of modern footballers right at the end of the article interesting

It’s more sophisticated than it has ever been. Players want every box ticked. If they don’t perform, it’s not because the sheets weren’t clean, or the analysis wasn’t good enough or the dinner wasn’t hot or the gym was s*** in the hotel.

“Players are a business entity on their own now, they stay at clubs for less time, they earn more money, you’re an individual product, selling yourself.

They say if you dont love yourself nobody else will.

Starting to see how Black impressed Mr self promotion Reed now.

Personally I let my work do the talking, Black cant do that as his CV is so poor.

Reed too likes the constant reminders and self promotion.... Im not Santa clueless anymore honestly trust me, trust me.....

No I in team lads

Interesting read ta - it looks like the game has come a long way from steaks for pre-match meal and a fag at halftime.

And it's good to see that we appear to have developed a sports science approach that should be a blueprint for others to follow - with no reference to hockey or rugby!

Interesting read, thanks - seems that he works very hard on his role in the club and, given that we had a tailor-made opportunity to unload him, justifies his position...

....which makes him here on merit to anybody without an agenda!

Are you intimating that there could be posters on this board with agendas of their own.... i'd never noticed that, honest.

A very good article, appears to have a balanced and articulate view. None of us know how the players judge him ... why make statements you can. It justify how ever true you believe them to be. Let's try to be together as one and look forward to Wembley as many others on this site have suggested

It was a an interesting article, but it was extremely biased. Naive or rose tinted to read it any other way. Its just another club plant in the press.

But then why shouldn't the club do that, they have a PR image to manage, even more so when we've been crap.

It was a an interesting article, but it was extremely biased. Naive or rose tinted to read it any other way. Its just another club plant in the press.

But then why shouldn't the club do that, they have a PR image to manage, even more so when we've been crap.

James Bond perhaps, you think? Couldn't just be some journalist guy, internet blogger or the like - definitely a club 'plant'. What do you think we should do next, how about a 'Boycott Black' game, eh?