Who Would You Like To See Promoted?

View From The Top

I'm going to be unpopular and say Leeds. I know the older fans who remember Revie's "dirty Leeds" team won't agree but I think it would be good to see them up again. They've got Monk and Beattie in charge and I'd like to see them have a decent swing at the top level. Plus it really annoys Man Utd when they beat them.

NOT Brighton. Would rather they lost every game from now on & got relegated or out of business, or shut down for tax reasons or something. Just, not (though I suspect they will, dammit).

Don't care who else. Sorry, not constructive I know.

Oh, go on then: Newcastle, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed...

... because I'm not a great fan of Reading or Leeds and I don't like Brighton (you may have picked up on this).

As above, definitely not Brighton. Went to their game at home to Cardiff two weeks ago and my god it was THE worst atmosphere I have ever witnessed in a professional football ground, truly dreadful. Just a ground full (well, not full, half empty) of neutrals like myself with no songs and no banter. Awful. Also bang average side with a good front line.

Newcastle, Huddersfield, Leeds for me. Sheffield Wednesday would be fine too.

Not Brighton. After the antics of 2011 and New Year's day 2012 if I never visit the AMEX again it will be too soon. Sadly though they are as good as up. It's a long way to Newcastle but I enjoy going there. Please not Norwich, they are always abject at Carrow Road but still win 1-0. I would love Sheffield Wednesday to come up via the play-offs. Huddersfield would be ok, but I am never going to drive there and get caught in the traffic gridlock around their stadium again.

Brighton would be fun, we've got more of a rivalry with them then we do with Bournemouth. And they have a more intense rivalry with Palace so at least their fans wouldn't obsess about us.

I really would like Leeds to go up. There are some dreadful teams with dreadful fans in this division - Hull, for example. The games against Leeds generally created a great atmosphere at SMS, and I like their passionate fans.

Not Brighton. I work there. Most of their fans have them as their second team, their first being one of the Big 6, usually Chelsea.

Not Derby. Fans are special

Not Reading. Tinpot

Not Norwich - just no.

Not Leeds - how long have you got

Newcastle - family reasons

Sheff Weds - great club

Huddersfield - because they're new

I live in Sheffield and most of my mates are Wednesday fans, so I would like to see them come up. The last time I went to see Saints play at Hillsborough we got dlcked 5-0 and I've never heard the end of it, so I would very much like to avenge that.

We were terrible that day, we could have played for a year and not scored! Would really like Wednesday to come up so I have a local game for the first time in a while!

It looks like it will be Newcastle and Brighton plus one, although I would rather neither of them do. Of the two, I suppose I would rather Newcastle make it, for their fans, history, etc; yet, they would almost certainly stay up whereas Brighton could easily drop back down. Anyway, probably moot point, as already said I think they will both go up.

Would love to see Brentford and Burton Albion go up, but absolutely no chance.

If I could chose my three, from those near the top, it would be: Huddersfield (I have a good mate who goes to most of their matches); Norwich (I've always had a soft spot for them); and either Sheff Wed (preferable) or Leeds (because of Monk and Beats) - two team with history, but far from what they were.

So, I guess, if Newcastle and Brighton are 'nailed on' I want Huddersfield to come up with them.

Ignoring Newcastle and Brighton who'll more than likely do it (and both are great **** ups to be fair) I'm going to go with Leeds.

Big club, good support home and away and a decent night out after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this can be the beginning of a PL revival. I would love Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds to replace the boring crap like Hull, Bournemouth, Swansea etc. Those three are proper clubs. Hopefully Forest can get a bit of improvement too although think that's unlikely.

Not Brighton. I work there. Most of their fans have them as their second team, their first being one of the Big 6, usually Chelsea.

Not Derby. Fans are special

Not Reading. Tinpot

Not Norwich - just no.

Not Leeds - how long have you got

Newcastle - family reasons

Sheff Weds - great club

Huddersfield - because they're new

This! Although I don't work in Brighton, but same reasons for the rest.

Hopefully this can be the beginning of a PL revival. I would love Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds to replace the boring crap like Hull, Bournemouth, Swansea etc. Those three are proper clubs. Hopefully Forest can get a bit of improvement too although think that's unlikely.

No. Leeds are c**nts, Forest are c**ts.

Newcastle, don't mind Brighton coming up to be honest, local game etc leaving the skates further down the south coast hierachy.Reading for the same reason, decent local fixture. If Reading don't do it then Huddersfield or even Norwich.

Don't want it to be Leeds, no matter how "big" they are, just can't take to the club (legacy of 60's and 70's perhaps but that's it). Wednesday - no thanks,always a bogey club in the 80's & 90's. Derby ? big "f^ck off" to them (play offs and all that).

I agree. They're all small clubs with small mentalities whose only aim is to survive. Leeds and Newcastle would make the Premier League much more interesting.

I agree. They're all small clubs with small mentalities whose only aim is to survive. Leeds and Newcastle would make the Premier League much more interesting.

Yeah get back some of that Peter Risdale ambition.

How anyone can want Mike Ashley to have success is beyond me.

Lol. Proper clubs run by football people.

You realise people view us like you view Swansea?

Can totally understand the longing for the traditional heavyweights of yesterday to be restored to the top flight (Leeds, Wednesday etc) as I miss those days too. However, can't really begrudge or belittle clubs with similar ambitions and finances as us as small clubs because we're in that very same cluster of best of the rests. FWIW, quite enjoy Swansea being a top level club (Bournemouth still seems a bit weird though, as does Boro as it's been a while).

Brighton, Reading and Fulham. Always within easy reach for me!

I'd ideally love Brentford and QPR to get promoted but there's not much chance of that...

Same for me, although without a season ticket it can be pretty tricky getting tickets for the smaller grounds in London. That's what makes Fulham's "neutral end" so useful!

Would find it funny if Newcastle failed to get promotion. I also think about competitors for Saints - Newcastle and Leeds could eventually establish themselves as top-half sides, which isn't great for us. Reading & Huddersfield are much more likely to be strugglers.