Relegation who are going down?

southbourne saint

Who's going down? Pick THREE only.  

842 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down? Pick THREE only.

Leicester could finish bottom at the rate they are going, there is still no sign of hope.

Palace and Bournemouth are going to get involved, while Sunderland, Boro and Hull look incapable of pulling clear.

It will be interesting to see who can put a run together, I reckon Leicester, Palace and Sunderland could go - but it might be decided in the last ten minutes of the season...which will be exciting for everyone else to watch! :o

Goal difference is nearly always a very accurate indicator of final position.

In the late nineties and early noughties when many seasons were a battle against relegation it was very accurate, and I usually knew how anxious I should be by our goal difference.

Since I have discovered this it has been very accurate at predicting final positions.

However there are a couple of teams this season that may prove to be an exception.

From the clubs mentioned above in the poll, which players would you like to see us sign? Would take Sigurdsson from Swansea, Pickford from Sunderland and possibly Drinkwater from Leicester.

Agree with the 1st 2 but Drinkwater are you on drugs that guy has been totally sh1te this season and is a fat lazy overpaid slob that only has an eye for rat face super stomper vardy

for the record sunderland, palace and leicester to go down

I still can't see Leicester going down. They've still got a little flurry of results in them, and they have the players for a solid mid table finish.

It would be a great story if they do go down but there is so much dross down there that I think it will be relatively easy for them to stay up.

Hopefully Leicester after the Vardy crushing Virgil's ankle

Very much so.

But I've gone with Sunderland (finally), Boro, and Palace. Tipped Palace for relegation at the start of the season and have no reason to change my mind yet. The fact they rolled us 3-0 was frankly outrageous.

Went for Sunderland, Middlesbrough and after much thought Bournemouth.

Sunderland can't defend for their life even though Defoe keeps getting 15-20 goals every year (top striker). They might change manager in March once again but I feel that this time the trouble is deeper than before.

Middlesbrough are quite the opposite: solid, very much the image of their manager as a player, but nothing more. 19 goals is rather poor despite their defensive record equalling that of a CL-chasing team. When other teams around them start feeling the pressure and upping their game, they will struggle even more.

Which leaves me with my final one, Bournemouth. The reasons that led me to them are their momentum and calendar.

They have by far the toughest run of games and also the most decisive, in a moment where they are far from their early (or last season) form. West Brom next week is their easiest away trip until the final day of the season, in what could be a heart-stopper against Leicester anyway. Including last week's game against Man City, they will be facing all of the top 6 teams before May, and these almost always follow a relegation 6-pointer (they face all of their rivals except Hull and CP). They also have little that is new about them: same manager, very much the same team and style than last season (so no surprise factor from being a newly-promoted side).

As far as the season goes, West Brom vs. Bournemouth is the trigger for the final sprints for Europe and relegation.

• 1 month later...

Sunderland - think they're resigned to it and a rebuilding job from Moyes (trying to emulate what Newcastle are doing with Benitez?)

Middlesbrough - just lack the quality and appear a bit of a 'nothing' team now. Ironically, I think had they kept Karanka, they may have had more fight to do it?ery little cohesion

West Ham - they just look out of luck with too much in-fighting and very little team cohesion, I think they're done for

Just hope West Ham are the third, that would really be fun, if not Palace would also be fun but I really hope Hull and Swansea get away with it and the way they are playing I think they will

I think the last spot will be between Swansea and Hull, although would prefer it to be West Ham or Palace.

Sunderland , and probably Middlesbrough look booked for it. But didn't we all think the same about Leicester two years ago ?

Sunderland - think they're resigned to it and a rebuilding job from Moyes (trying to emulate what Newcastle are doing with Benitez?)

Middlesbrough - just lack the quality and appear a bit of a 'nothing' team now. Ironically, I think had they kept Karanka, they may have had more fight to do it?ery little cohesion

West Ham - they just look out of luck with too much in-fighting and very little team cohesion, I think they're done for

I think the opposite is true with Middlesbrough actually - I reckon they would have stayed up if they'd brought someone else (not Agnew) in earlier. Karanka did a good job for a while and may yet have a bright future but even in the Championship they were built to be solid defensively and get 1-0 wins. To start off with that seemed to be working for them in the Premier League too, but teams are going to score against you in the PL, and you need to be able to respond if that happens, but Karanka just couldn't shift his "don't get beaten" mentality, they'd been playing defensively for so long that they couldn't change things up when they needed to.

I know it's easy to say about a team that's currently in the bottom three, but I worry a bit for Swansea now. Mainly because they seemed, around the time this thread was started, to have had a rebirth and were climbing up the table. But despite going through a purple patch, they're back in it and having to dig deep again.

Edited by mrfahaji

Their next 2 games will determine if they are in the battle or not.
Interestingly, they have 9 wins, with the exception of Southampton, all from the bottom half of the table.

09 Southampton

13 Bournemouth

14 Burnley

16 Crystal Palace X2

17 Hull

18 Swansea

19 Middlesbrough

20 Sunderland

If they lose to Swansea and Sunderland in their next two matches, they are in BIG Trouble.

Palace whilst put a run together have horrendous last 8 games. 5 against top 6. Don't expect them to go but please lat Allardyce go down. He's so arrogant it won't be his fault of course.

Would love West Ham but they probably have my favourite manager of other teams in Bilic but Sullivan, Gold and Brady. Oh the joy.

Sad indictment of this Forum that more people think Leicester will be relegated than Middlesbro. That would be the same Leicester that are 13 points above Middlesbro, eight above Swansea, and one point behind Saints.

Absolute twaddle. People rightly thought Leicester would go down when they were losing every week well over a month ago. Clearly now, everyone agrees Boro are the likelier team to go down. What is it with people on this forum making misleading posts and misrepresenting the facts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad indictment of this Forum that more people think Leicester will be relegated than Middlesbro. That would be the same Leicester that are 13 points above Middlesbro, eight above Swansea, and one point behind Saints.

That was a month ago!

Of course now they have no chance of going down

It'll be Sunderland, Middlesbrough and one of Swansea or Hull.

Palace under Allardyce will do OK, even if they do have a horrendous run in. And as much as I would love to see West Ham go down, I can't see it happening.

Jesus wept.

I do want West Ham to go down - mostly because the owners have destroyed that club. I always saw us and West Ham as similar sorts of teams over the years - we tried to play good football and were normally flirting with relegation.

Can see Swansea beating them today.

Think West Ham have one foot in the prem next season

can see them going for the Hull manager in the summer

Along with every player with two legs (and maybe even a couple with only one leg) as they go for their usual scatter gun transfer policy all played out on social media for peoples entertainment.

Too be fair , Leicester themselves thought they were going down, hence sacking championship winning manager Ranieri.

So it looks pretty clear now I would say.

The two Northeast teams plus one from Swansea or Hull. They don't play each other but both play Sunderland.

Hull play 'em at home, Swansea play 'em away..... GIven the fixtures remaining it looks more likely Hull stay above the line

So it looks pretty clear now I would say.

The two Northeast teams plus one from Swansea or Hull. They don't play each other but both play Sunderland.

Hull play 'em at home, Swansea play 'em away..... GIven the fixtures remaining it looks more likely Hull stay above the line

Silva would've done a remarkable job if he keeps that side up.

Ditto Sean Dyche.