Who here wouldn't go to a match because it's Valentine's Day

The Cat

The article is a bit vague, it says "watch the footie tonight", so does that mean that 45% of Saints fans would rather spend Valentines Day with their partner rather than watch a Champions League game on TV? If so, I'm surprised it's not higher! That's quite different from saying you'd miss a live game you had a ticket for if it fell on Feb 14.

My ***** ex banned me from listening to the away game at West Ham because it was Valentine's day. The 1-1 when Jos scored and I think there was a red card too.

On a lighter note, does anyone remember that kid a few years ago that asked the girl on his row out and the club provided free bovril? There was a big social media national campaign with all different clubs wishing him luck. Did they get together?

My ***** ex banned me from listening to the away game at West Ham because it was Valentine's day. The 1-1 when Jos scored and I think there was a red card too.

On a lighter note, does anyone remember that kid a few years ago that asked the girl on his row out and the club provided free bovril? There was a big social media national campaign with all different clubs wishing him luck. Did they get together?

Yes, I think they did but don't know if it lasted.

On another note, Valentine's fell a few years ago on Thursday and Spurs were in Prague in an EL game. They sang 'We Love Tottenham more than you'.

To answer, yes I would and wife would want to join me.

She'd understand.

Wasn't it Valentine's Day when we stuck 4 past Liverpool at the Dell on a snowy evening back in the Bally/Le Tiss days?

It was: Magilton's debut and Maskell's return. MLT scored a hat-trick, 2 pens for handballs v Mark Wright with an orange ball but his first, very early on, was a sensational volley. Maskell got the second but faded afterwards.

We had this a few years back when we played away at West Ham on valentines day.

You can basically categorise the blokes at games n this night into three types.

1. The Alpha men (AM) who would go to the game with the lads and their women don't question this as they know it's what their chap wants. Why would they want them to spend time with them paying for an overpriced meal when they know they'd both be much happier with him at the football and her watching Emmerdale? For these types of guys it's not even a question that the women would ask, they know their place and respect their AMs for letting them know why they stand. the AM goes to the game, has a few beers and relaxes as any hardworking AM should do. Meanwhile the the women will be at home, freshly bathed, perfumed and in new underwear waiting for her partner to return from the match to either satisfy him sexually on his homecoming or prepare him a nice snack and drink should he not require these services. Both parties in the relationship are happy as there is a mutual respect and understanding between them.

2. Soppy lemons (the SL) who would take their girlfriend to the game. The SL go with their wives or girlfriends all the time as they are henpecked and not allowed to enjoy themselves without their insecure female partner ever leaving side. They also want their women with them, not because they want their company because they are frightened if they're out of their sight they'd be getting nailed by someone else. The women in a relationship with an SL will spend the whole time either nagging their pathetic excuse for a man not to drink too much or swear or worse still try to be one of the lads by drinking too much and swearing and behaving in a generally vulgar fashion. These "men" look on at the AMs wishing they were more like them and not tied into a long term relationship with a woman they resent but are too pathetic to end it with. The women also look on at the AMs wishing their embarrassment of a man was more like them and would no doubt jump at the chance to have a fling with them and know what it feels like to be with a man who didn't just want cuddles. these relationships are doomed to failure, whilst in the short term they may pretend to have a common interest as the SL will become increasingly bitter about the henpecking/vulgar behaviour and the women will become increasingly bored with her soppy, wet lettuce of a partner she'll end up looking elsewhere.

3. Ugly and single.

I'm pretty sure it turned out she was still at school and it all went quiet after that. The club were essentially aiding a bloke in grooming a schoolgirl :lol:

On valentines day 1994 Saints played Liverpool at the Dell (which we won 4-2 live on Sky in the snow) My ex missus was fuming with me because i went to the game. She was at home with my baby son, he was two weeks old at the time, she was knackered having had two weeks of sleepless nights, i suppose the least i could have done was stay at home and cook her a valentines day meal..............So i compromised, i bought her home a KFC!!!.............That's the kind of man I am!

Perhaps the question should be which poor pussy whipped bloke has a Mrs that won't let him go to footy on Valentines Day?

Exactly. Valentine's Day , what a load of pony. I've been to football on the snap dragons birthday, our anniversary and even made the second half of a game the day my daughter was born. I'd probably draw the line at an away day on her birthday or our anniversary, but a home game, not a chance of me not going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. The Alpha men (AM) who would go to the game with the lads and their women don't question this as they know it's what their chap wants. Why would they want them to spend time with them paying for an overpriced meal when they know they'd both be much happier with him at the football and her watching Emmerdale? For these types of guys it's not even a question that the women would ask, they know their place and respect their AMs for letting them know why they stand. the AM goes to the game, has a few beers and relaxes as any hardworking AM should do. Meanwhile the the women will be at home, freshly bathed, perfumed and in new underwear waiting for her partner to return from the match to either satisfy him sexually on his homecoming or prepare him a nice snack and drink should he not require these services. Both parties in the relationship are happy as there is a mutual respect and understanding between them.

2. Soppy lemons (the SL) who would take their girlfriend to the game. The SL go with their wives or girlfriends all the time as they are henpecked and not allowed to enjoy themselves without their insecure female partner ever leaving side. They also want their women with them, not because they want their company because they are frightened if they're out of their sight they'd be getting nailed by someone else. The women in a relationship with an SL will spend the whole time either nagging their pathetic excuse for a man not to drink too much or swear or worse still try to be one of the lads by drinking too much and swearing and behaving in a generally vulgar fashion. These "men" look on at the AMs wishing they were more like them and not tied into a long term relationship with a woman they resent but are too pathetic to end it with. The women also look on at the AMs wishing their embarrassment of a man was more like them and would no doubt jump at the chance to have a fling with them and know what it feels like to be with a man who didn't just want cuddles. these relationships are doomed to failure, whilst in the short term they may pretend to have a common interest as the SL will become increasingly bitter about the henpecking/vulgar behaviour and the women will become increasingly bored with her soppy, wet lettuce of a partner she'll end up looking elsewhere.

3. Ugly and single.

Wow you really put a lot of thought into that didn't you..... you must be a category 3 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Ugly and single.

Made me laugh :) Seeing a lot of soppy lemons in the gym these days as well - working out together and quite often the female will do heavier weights than her SL, as if to drum home the point. ****s

3. Ugly and single.

What's the bloke banging the AMs misses while he is at the football called...

Edited by doddisalegend