Pre Cup Final Beers - Wembley or Central?

St Louis

How many of the 30k plus Saints fans are going to be wearing fancy dress do you expect?

Not many, but more than usual.

As ericb has said above, I generally don't like the majority of our fan base.

'Indiana Jones', his mate with about 3 teeth and any other dickhead that associates with him can ***** off.

Each to their own, but the green man is not my idea of fun. I'll be making noise inside the ground, not in a boozer just to get a photo/video on 'football away days'.

**** me, I like London Bridge & we go there for a couple of London games, but it's a pretty long haul to Wembley from there. There's plenty of pubs nearer that will be just as good. It's a ****ing big city, don't understand why people are drinking in SE London for a game taking place in NW. It's not like there's no decent pubs inbetween

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread has become a rather tedious argument about where you should be drinking, what you should be drinking and what you should be wearing.

Wouldn't this be a boring place if everyone had the same opinion and enjoyed the same things....

'Indiana Jones', his mate with about 3 teeth and any other dickhead that associates with him can ***** off.

Each to their own, but the green man is not my idea of fun. I'll be making noise inside the ground, not in a boozer just to get a photo/video on 'football away days'.

You are the uber fan we all aspire to be ! ;)

This thread has become a rather tedious argument about where you should be drinking, what you should be drinking and what you should be wearing.

Where: as far away from Wembley as possible to avoid meeting any Saints fans. Ideally outside the M25. If you feel you absolutely have to enter its ring before kick-off then I recommend Dartford / Sidcup where you should be guaranteed a pretty nondescript time.

What: pints.

Dress: Ian Brown / Oasis / ****

**** me, I like London Bridge & we go there for a couple of London games, but it's a pretty long haul to Wembley from there. There's plenty of pubs nearer that will be just as good. It's a ****ing big city, don't understand why people are drinking in SE London for a game taking place in NW. It's not like there's no decent pubs inbetween

Exactly.

So you're letting Indiana Jones and his mates dictate and determine where you'd drink for a Saints final at Wembley, the complete other side of the city. Fair enough.

I think it's more the 45 minute wait to be honest. I shall be on my own so not even any division of labour "your turn to queue..". I frankly couldn't give a stuff about MU fans spoiling my drinking experience! Do you think Turkish will be there? I'm tempted to wear some dungarees (not sure where I'd buy them though), wave an Italian flag as they're in town for the rugby, plus face-paint, red and white fright wig and a foam hand.

Fear not Sue, for Turkish and I will be somewhere in London, being properly judgemental of the complete messes that will turn out.

I think these will help you, free next day delivery on Amazon Prime, so get cracking https://www.amazon.co.uk/Boohoo-Womens-Dungarees-Blue-Manufacturer-x/dp/B01GK0CFLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487694028&sr=8-1&keywords=womens+dungarees ;)

Tbh mate I know Barcelona better than I know London so we're just doing what quite a few people have said will be the best bet.

So you're letting Indiana Jones and his mates dictate and determine where you'd drink for a Saints final at Wembley, the complete other side of the city. Fair enough.

It's more the 45 minute wait for a beer and p!ss... They are just an inconvenience.

How about everyone bins off the green man and meets at Trafalgar Square drinking cans and hanging off anything they can.

With a bit of luck there will be a bit of garden furniture put out early which we can throw at passers by.

Exactly. From London Bridge to to Wembley it's a minimum of 30 minutes.

It's like having a st Mary's pre match drink in Basingstoke

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

England are at twickers on Sunday.

Enjoy...... To those who are intent on staying "south" for some weird reason

You do realise how far Richmond is from most of the places mentioned right? Also you don't actually expect most here to stay in one spot either do you? London has some of the best pubs in the country and a pub crawl along a tube is a right laugh with the good group of your mates.

Of course you could also go and stand in the quagmire garden of a bad pub, drinking poor lager out of plastic pots and listening to the hilarious Bantz of our own CWTB, the special needs case that is Indiana Jones hat man.

You do realise how far Richmond is from most of the places mentioned right? Also you don't actually expect most here to stay in one spot either do you? London has some of the best pubs in the country and a pub crawl along a tube is a right laugh with the good group of your mates.

Of course you could also go and stand in the quagmire garden of a bad pub, drinking poor lager out of plastic pots and listening to the hilarious Bantz of our own CWTB, the special needs case that is Indiana Jones hat man.

you could go anywhere in north london and be a world away from Wembley.

but yeah, be cool and go near on an hour (door to door) from the game

Shame so many Saints fans are choosing to drink so far out of the way for a rare Wembley final. Who cares if there are a few Mancs around.

This. The notorious Morse crew will be drinking in the Baker Street area and look forward to sharing a bit of banter with our Manchester friends. We have a lot of shrinking violets on here FFS.

I would avoid the Globe unless you like waiting about 45 mins to get served.

Plus, it will be full of Mancs.

Just out of interest (as I'd rather drink with majority Saints fans) why do you think this pub will be full of Mancs? Am I missing something?

Shame so many Saints fans are choosing to drink so far out of the way for a rare Wembley final. Who cares if there are a few Mancs around.

I think that's what they are scared of. Safe over at Borough market with a normal Sunday vibe. Too cool to celebrate

As a result of peer pressure from the forum intelligentsia (and my son) we are now bypassing the South Bank and heading straight up to the Wembley area for c.12pm. I'm not normally one to mix with the riff-raff but will make an exception on this occasion.

Why, thankyou! :-) I must be speaking to an expert in buying women's clothes online. Do they come in an unmarked plain brown wrapper? ;-)

Sorry about that, but this whole debate is a bit absurd really. Not being an expert on London pubs, or indeed the tube system, I'm going by the few places I know. But my limited experience of pubs near grounds is that sometimes you have to walk a bit to get a) a decent pint and b) served it, so I may as well take advantage of my one day travel card and start south of the river! Where I end up is another matter..

Incidentally, are there any decent pubs near Paddington?

I'm just going to head to Marylebone/ Wembley now, I thought Clapham would be a good shout early doors before heading up, as I live in that area, but the CLJ - MKC line (which stops at Wembley Central) is of course closed on Sunday, typical, so I can't be arsed to come up with anything else!

Everyone seems to be heading to the Green Man including myself, will it cope?, It struggled for the JPT!.

TBF there were about 25000 more Saints fans at the JPT than there will be on Saturday.

Whats wrong with drinking around Baker Street? Surely it won't be that busy?! Are there any decent pubs in Baker Street?

I'm just going to head to Marylebone/ Wembley now, I thought Clapham would be a good shout early doors before heading up, as I live in that area, but the CLJ - MKC line (which stops at Wembley Central) is of course closed on Sunday, typical, so I can't be arsed to come up with anything else!

Your going now ? Pace yourself with the beer then mush !

TBF there were about 25000 more Saints fans at the JPT than there will be on Saturday.

Whats wrong with drinking around Baker Street? Surely it won't be that busy?! Are there any decent pubs in Baker Street?

Plenty, baker street a good suggestion if you want to be close to Wembley but without the morons in the green man.

Be plenty of Mancs and Saints about round there so should be a good atmosphere.