Deserves Thread Of It's Own - Care Of GoneAwol

Gemmel

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...e-southampton/

He's put on a bit - May be he found those double mars he banned :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Link doesn't work- try this one https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2954735/nicola-cortese-southampton/

Quite unbelievable that the article gives him credit for our entire academy!

Right, I respect what he did and even the way he did it, but that article is f*cking bullsh*t.

First off, the biggest offence is the fact that Markus isn't mentioned once in the entire thing.

Secondly, Lallana didn't come through under Cortese - he made his debut 2 years earlier and was a regular the season before.

Thirdly, including this;

He changed the playing strip, making an alteration to wear a predominantly red kit because it is proven to be the most successful colour in sport.

makes the article look like a parody, as if the colour of the shirt makes a difference whatsoever.

And fourthly, the fact that the article tries to credit Cortese for the academy is an absolute joke and offensive to all those who worked hard for years and years before he came along.

My respect for him has gone down, a lot.

Opinions - I get that.

Mine this man was our our golden angel. Like it or not, without him Markus L would never have rescued / invested in us - he brought us to the attention of ML and even then had to convince him it was a worthwhile project (with his health record he probably knew he was not long for this world, so must have been a hell of a sell).

All he did was to ensure we excelled in every way we could, and for me the results showed. He left because he wanted to take a gamble (slight IMHO) to take us to the next level, and Kate did not agree (as is her right as owner). But to ridicule NC is just childish and ignorant - suppose you would rather have the Coventry crowd in charge?

Right, I respect what he did and even the way he did it, but that article is f*cking bullsh*t.

First off, the biggest offence is the fact that Markus isn't mentioned once in the entire thing.

Secondly, Lallana didn't come through under Cortese - he made his debut 2 years earlier and was a regular the season before.

Thirdly, including this;

makes the article look like a parody, as if the colour of the shirt makes a difference whatsoever.

And fourthly, the fact that the article tries to credit Cortese for the academy is an absolute joke and offensive to all those who worked hard for years and years before he came along.

My respect for him has gone down, a lot.

Inthink you have to realise on how things are edited and twisted, which is not the fault of the interviewee. Also I am sure ML was discussed, but his (Cortese) quotes were simply not used in that respect. I mean the MLT line about the book makes out that they were best buddies, we know that is not true. Unless you see a line by line, quote by quote interview, you never really get the full picture.

Opinions - I get that.

Mine this man was our our golden angel. Like it or not, without him Markus L would never have rescued / invested in us - he brought us to the attention of ML and even then had to convince him it was a worthwhile project (with his health record he probably knew he was not long for this world, so must have been a hell of a sell).

All he did was to ensure we excelled in every way we could, and for me the results showed. He left because he wanted to take a gamble (slight IMHO) to take us to the next level, and Kate did not agree (as is her right as owner). But to ridicule NC is just childish and ignorant - suppose you would rather have the Coventry crowd in charge?

You don't know any of that, you don't know how ML came to buy us and you certainly don't know anything about what ML knew about his health.

In what way has he been 'airbrushed out of our history' any more than many other influential people who are no longer with the club? Perhaps there should be a Cortese stand or a statue?

I think NC was more guilty of the art of "airbrushuing" from history than the current board.

Nothing interesting here, just a puff piece, but I can hardly believe the cheek of Ashton claiming Cortese was 'airbrushed from history', then making out like MLT was his biggest fan.

Quite enjoyed the bit about our massive profits on Cork and Puncheon as well.

If Cortese was really angling for a new job, here or elsewhere, he'd have fed a line into the interview. So it's a relief he didn't.

Edited by DuncanRG

You don't know any of that, you don't know how ML came to buy us and you certainly don't know anything about what ML knew about his health.
#

Think I know I lot more than you - just do a bit of research. Also, I clearly stated it was my opinion - if you don't agree with then fine, put yours across and debate it like a rational person, but as is the norm these days, it's all too easy to knock others without having any thoughts of your own!

He did an awful lot right, and got some things awfully wrong. Such is the way of someone of his personality.

Personally I think he did pretty much what the article says. It doesn't say he started the academy, but that we invested heavily in it while he was here - true enough. Since he left what has the academy achieved and who is responsible for that?

He did play a huge part in saving the club and it was in very good shape when he left. So all in all a good job done. Kat has been quite a conservative owner since he left, a period of consolidation or marking time before the decline sets in? Who knows.

Pathetic article inspired by former club PR David Bick and his rentboy Ashton. If Cortese was so good then he would be involved in football, but everyone knows he was a vile inhuman scumbag and milked the limelight using someones elses money. Les Reed did all the work amongst many and i bet the expenses bill has dropped since the dwarf was rightly fooked off.

We have done better since he left and thats no surprise.