136 members have voted

1. 1. Saints Greatest XI - Best Left Side Striker Poll

• James Beattie
    • Phil Boyer
    • Ron Davies
    • Steve Moran
    • Alan Shearer
    • Rod Wallace

Not surprisingly Ron Davies was nominated 17 times. But we did end up with a final 6 players which include Ron.

The others nominated more than once include: James Beattie, Phil Boyer, Steve Moran, Alan Shearer and Rod Wallace.

The last time I cut a vote short and declared Terry Paine the winner, some people shouted fix, or manipulation of the vote and other derogatory phrases. So this time you can have a boring week of watching Ron run away with this vote. Don't blame me, blame the whingers and determindly confused..!

This vote is for the A-Team left sided striker's position.. OK..? Got it have we..? Get voting.

Poll will end Friday night/Sat Morning.

Edited by St Landrew

Ron was easily good enough for the B team.

Actually, he was too good for the B team. Hence, he's here for the A-Team, and a predictable runaway leader of that poll too. He'll end up beside his old teammate Mick Channon, I'm thinking. Shame he personally would have preferred his older teammate Martin Chivers. But he thought well of Micky too. Oops..! ;)

I don't think it's necessarily right that the person who comes second in this poll should automatically make the B Team. James Beattie is currently second as I look at it, but that's excluding the 55 people who are voting for Ron Davies, who wouldn't be eligible for the B Team as things stand. Those people are far more likely to recognise that Phil Boyer is a better pick, or even someone like Keegan (where is he in this poll btw!?!?!?). Can I suggest we have a separate vote after this one for the Best Left Sided Striker To Go Into The Team Of Second Best Players after this one? Maybe we could have a similar vote for all the other positions too.

Vote Big Phil!

?? Rod Wallace got nominated but Martin Chivers didn't?

Did I miss something there seeing as I did nominate him?

Never mind for this vote as there was only ever going to be one winner

Are you predicting a strong comeback by Beatts?

I don't think it's necessarily right that the person who comes second in this poll should automatically make the B Team. James Beattie is currently second as I look at it, but that's excluding the 55 people who are voting for Ron Davies, who wouldn't be eligible for the B Team as things stand. Those people are far more likely to recognise that Phil Boyer is a better pick, or even someone like Keegan (where is he in this poll btw!?!?!?). Can I suggest we have a separate vote after this one for the Best Left Sided Striker To Go Into The Team Of Second Best Players after this one? Maybe we could have a similar vote for all the other positions too.

Vote Big Phil!

I did

Vote Big Phil!

Which is why, for the hotly contested positions of midfield and striker, we have done, and are doing already, exactly what you ask for.

Y'know, reading is a very fine and overlooked skill that the vast majority of people have. I just wish some people on this forum would exercise it a little more occasionally. ;)

?? Rod Wallace got nominated but Martin Chivers didn't?

Did I miss something there seeing as I did nominate him?

Never mind for this vote as there was only ever going to be one winner

Yes you did. Martin Chivers only received one genuine nomination, whereas Rod Wallace received two. As mentioned in the top post [please le god someone prove to me they are reading these] all those who received more than one nomination got into the final 6 players.

Next week is all about the B [back-up] team. No doubt, Big Chiv will get another chance then.

The poll is closed. As expected, Ron Davies is the last of the 11 in the A-team. I'm not sure I have the enthusiasm to carry this on at the moment, and get you peeps to nominate your B-Team 11th player. I'm sure you understand.

But then again, perhaps it'll be a distraction. I'll open the nomination thread and leave it to you. Here's the A-Team line-up as follows:

-------------------Shilton---------------------

Golac-------Wright--------Svensson-----Bridge

Paine---------Ball---------Le Tissier---Armstrong

------------Channon--------Davies-------------

That's a heck of a team. All lead violinists, as Lawrie would say. But plenty of them know how to sweep a road too. Only subs and a manager to add to this lot now.