Jade Goody

Thedelldays

now that she is going to show the whole world he plight...

was thinking...is this really needed..

on one hand it will highlight what somone goes through and will secure money for her loved ones..

on the other hand I dont really want to have her all over the media ........she is s a repulsive person and wish kept her dignity and do this with just her family...

now that she is going to show the whole world he plight...

was thinking...is this really needed..

on one hand it will highlight what somone goes through and will secure money for her loved ones..

on the other hand I dont really want to have her all over the media ........she is s a repulsive person and wish kept her dignity and do this with just her family...

I can see your point, but each to their own.

She has the media.

You have SWF. ;)

Let's not start on her ffs TDD. SHe's got a few weeks to live and she's trying to make sure her kids are provided for as best as possible. Can't we just leave it at that?

who is starting on her..? at point have I give an opinion..?

surely this provokes a bigger bit of thinking about us in general..?

real news is put aside while we cant get enough of goody and a 13 year old dad..?

My colleague died aged 30 last week of pancreatic cancer (yes I know Jade does not have the same cancer) and it is very very sad to die at such a young age. Christ my colleague was only diagnosed at christmas and dead last monday, sad times. He wasn't even in hospital.

what are you on about...this very subject has been on alot of the radio talk sbows...local and national asking this very question..?

FWIW I agree with you.

I find [found, in the past tense before she became terminally ill, too], the women to be vile and a pretty damn good indicator of all that is wrong with this country!

For her to get national TV coverage of her plight is morally reprehensible [iMHO], and I for one couldn't care less about it!!

Yes, it's sad that she's leaving behind some children, but they have other family members that can [and maybe will], look after them. And guess what, she isn't the first, and nor will she be the last person in the country to die of "Kaaanccaaa".

It happens, people die - in fact apart from the Government wanting taxes from you, it is the only other certainty in this life!! - get over it, and spend your remaining time on this planet with your loved ones, rather than parading yourself all over the TV. Despite what Ponty thinks, this TV program will help absolutely no-one on the planet, except to satisfy Goody's ego!

By "Whatever gets you through the day", I mean that I just can't see a single, valid reason to knock her. Yes, she's clearly not the most intelligent or articulate of people, Channel 4 made sure we all knew that, in glorious edit-o-vision, but she seems to be honest and open about her motives for bringing the story to TV now. If you want to blame anyone for her mug being all over the news, the papers and the TV, blame the society which swallows all the crap the media churns out, don't blame a dying woman for wanting to provide the best possible future for her, soon to be motherless, sons.

I think it's crass and churlish to want to find fault in anyone doing that, but if that's ok with you (and, from the experience of the thread that popped up when she was originally diagnosed, we know that's how this one's going to go) then you go for it. I wouldn't presume to tell you how to feel about something. This is a messageboard, not Communist China.

I haven't spent long reading or looking into the Goody sad story as I tend to allow these kind of stories to eat away at me. The other day something was said to me that JG had an abnormal smear test and was sent a letter to go back for another one and she didn't bother. I am not saying it is her fault at all but if her televised ordeal now serves to educate just one other woman about the the perils of this disease then it has served it's purpose, and if it helps secure a better future for her children along the way then that's okay in my book too.

Don't be a bunch of c*nts. She has come out and stated that she wants her kids to have the opportunities that she didn't - foremost being an education. She has unashamedly said that she will make whatever money she can in her last few months for them to have this. Fair play to her. Her intentions are impeccable despite what you think of her. If that was me, I'd do the same and I wouldn't give a sh*t what a bunch of mugs on an internet forum thought of me. If the opportunity was there for you to do the same for your family and you'd had her upbringing, don't tell me you wouldn't jump at the chance. Don't forget that, for her, reality TV saved her life. It got her out of her ****ty life and gave her opportunities. Why should she not turn to this in her dying days. It is the place where she feels comfortable; happy. I'm sure if thedelldays were dying, he'd want to spend at least a few of his last days hedonistically confined to a small cabin with sweaty men.

I think im in the fair play to her camp. I think its an awful thing that a human being with so much energy and zest for life can be struck down at such a young age.

She has been a good mother, supportive wife, charity worker. Yes she has her downfalls but so do we all. I for one will be a little sad when Jade Goody is gone!

What a complete load of nonsense!!

Where did she spend her formative years so that she was DENIED the opportunity to go to school?

Don't be so naive. Living in an environment in which a great education is not the norm, it's difficult to place priority on such a thing, the importance of it is something realised later in life - which she obviously now has.

FWIW I agree with you.

I find [found, in the past tense before she became terminally ill, too], the women to be vile and a pretty damn good indicator of all that is wrong with this country!

For her to get national TV coverage of her plight is morally reprehensible [iMHO], and I for one couldn't care less about it!!

Yes, it's sad that she's leaving behind some children, but they have other family members that can [and maybe will], look after them. And guess what, she isn't the first, and nor will she be the last person in the country to die of "Kaaanccaaa".

It happens, people die - in fact apart from the Government wanting taxes from you, it is the only other certainty in this life!! - get over it, and spend your remaining time on this planet with your loved ones, rather than parading yourself all over the TV. Despite what Ponty thinks, this TV program will help absolutely no-one on the planet, except to satisfy Goody's ego!

I think this post sums up the thread, yes it's sad she has cancer but thousands die from this terrible disease every year. How she ever got famous in the first place is beyond me but what she should be doing now is spending the last weeks of her life with her family and not parading herself all over the media.

I think this post sums up the thread, yes it's sad she has cancer but thousands die from this terrible disease every year. How she ever got famous in the first place is beyond me but what she should be doing now is spending the last weeks of her life with her family and not parading herself all over the media.

Surely how she wishes to face the ultimate goodbye is up to her and her alone?

FWIW I agree with you.

TBF if I was in her situation I would also do my best to secure the futures of my children. I don't like it but I can see why she is doing it.

Don't be a bunch of c*nts. She has come out and stated that she wants her kids to have the opportunities that she didn't - foremost being an education. She has unashamedly said that she will make whatever money she can in her last few months for them to have this. Fair play to her. Her intentions are impeccable despite what you think of her. If that was me' date=' I'd do the same and I wouldn't give a sh*t what a bunch of mugs on an internet forum thought of me. If the opportunity was there for you to do the same for your family and you'd had her upbringing, don't tell me you wouldn't jump at the chance. Don't forget that, for her, [b']reality TV saved her life. [/b]It got her out of her ****ty life and gave her opportunities. Why should she not turn to this in her dying days. It is the place where she feels comfortable; happy. I'm sure if thedelldays were dying, he'd want to spend at least a few of his last days hedonistically confined to a small cabin with sweaty men.

Not technically true unless it can cure cancer...

Can you not do both?

She is a thoroughly repugnant human being, having cancer doesn't make her any better or worse than she was before; for people to suddenly feel sorry for her now smacks of Princess Di syndrome.

People suddenly feel sorry for her because she is dying of cancer! She's still a repugnant person IMO but nobody should wish death on someone, certainly someone as (relatively) inoffensive as Goody.

There's no point in having a go at Jade Goody for becoming the 'celeb' that she is.

Blame all the fVkking morons that buy the magazines that she is in.

It's those people who are the sad low lifes that all they can aspire to is maybe one day having the same hair cut as Goody/Katona/Beckham/Halliwell/Winehouse etc etc

There's no point in having a go at Jade Goody for becoming the 'celeb' that she is.

Blame all the fVkking morons that buy the magazines that she is in.

It's those people who are the sad low lifes that all they can aspire to is maybe one day having the same hair cut as Goody/Katona/Beckham/Halliwell/Winehouse etc etc

I don't think Winehouse's hairstyle can be classes as a 'haircut' tbf.

Do people really begrudge her using the links she has to the media in order to (a) help herself, (b) help others and © raise awareness?

She isn't raising awareness of kaaaancccaaaa though is she?

She's raising awareness of the fact that she has kaancaaaa.

I really wouldn't care less what she did or didn't do with her life, as long as every other bloody advert on the tellybox didn't have her ugly mug on it!!

I really wouldn't care less what she did or didn't do with her life, as long as every other bloody advert on the tellybox didn't have her ugly mug on it!!

Won't be an issue in a few months,

Sky reported that "awareness" of cervical cancer in girls of school age had increased by "200%" since Jade's announcement.

And to be honest, I dont care how much people think someone is a ****; if you see someone on TV, in a newspaper... or in "real life" dying of cancer, you WILL be more aware of it yourself and check yourself/have yourself checked more, even that only lasts for a few months whilst it is in the media. That is only human nature.

As for the comment about her in adverts, I can honestly say I dont recall seeing her in a advert in last 3 years. I either watch less TV that you WSS, or I dont watch the channels that pay her to be in their programs. Dont shout at the system if you are part of the problem.

Justification for another program?

You can see it in that very cynical way if you want, or just for once you could try and see something in the world for good.

FFS mate, forget that she is Jade Goody (or however you spell it) for a moment and remember that she is a human being with 2 young kids.

Edited by Pancake
too many sakes

My colleague died aged 30 last week of pancreatic cancer (yes I know Jade does not have the same cancer) and it is very very sad to die at such a young age. Christ my colleague was only diagnosed at christmas and dead last monday, sad times. He wasn't even in hospital.

I had a simular thing happen at my work, except the guy was a bit older but i left for my Xmas break and he was fine came back and he was in the hospice! - couldnt believe it!

Meanwhile somewhere else in the country / other countries / other planets, hundreds, if not thousands of other young mothers are dying leaving 2 kids.

It's disgraceful, we should stop these deaths from happening : roll :

people aren't commenting on that though are they. Some of the posts in this thread are pretty rough.

your such a c0k, always twist things round. Pleb