Some Of Rose Bowl To Be Closed

manji

A large part of the Northern End will be closed next season as building work on the ground redevelopment is started.The area behind the seats that end will become a building site.The seats will only be open for 20/20 matches.

Good to see the work is going ahead in the current economic climate.

A large part of the Northern End will be closed next season as building work on the ground redevelopment is started.The area behind the seats that end will become a building site.The seats will only be open for 20/20 matches.

Good to see the work is going ahead in the current economic climate.

Can't wait for that first Test V Sri Lanka in a couple of years. Bit sickening that Cardiff gets an Ashes Test this summer though.

Can't wait for that first Test V Sri Lanka in a couple of years. Bit sickening that Cardiff gets an Ashes Test this summer though.

Another thing Giles Clarke has to answer for... if I remember rightly, he was chairman/CEO at Glamorgan before getting the ECB job. Not all that surprising that an at-the-time-unbuilt Sofia Gardens got the Ashes test ahead of the Rose Bowl and Old Trafford, really.

Another thing Giles Clarke has to answer for... if I remember rightly, he was chairman/CEO at Glamorgan before getting the ECB job. Not all that surprising that an at-the-time-unbuilt Sofia Gardens got the Ashes test ahead of the Rose Bowl and Old Trafford, really.

Giles Clarke wasn't involved with the ECB at the time that test was awarded and he was Chairman of Somerset, not Glamorgan.

Hampshire didn't even bid for an Ashes test. The thing that frustrates me (and Bransgrove) is the apparent contradictions in how matches have been awarded. Durham and the Rose Bowl were slowly being given more high profile matches so clearly were the next in line for bigger international games, and then Cardiff came out of nowhere and jumped the queue!

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Hants might hold off slightly after today's appalling events in ****stan. I feel so sorry for the people involved but ****stan looks like its home series will be undergoing a long absence. England looks like the venue now for Pak V Aus this year, ECB probably won't want to use the scheduled Ashes venues so the Rose Bowl must have a great chance of getting a Test. Old Trafford would be another nailed on venue and probably Durham as well.

I wonder if Hants might hold off slightly after today's appalling events in ****stan. I feel so sorry for the people involved but ****stan looks like its home series will be undergoing a long absence. England looks like the venue now for Pak V Aus this year, ECB probably won't want to use the scheduled Ashes venues so the Rose Bowl must have a great chance of getting a Test. Old Trafford would be another nailed on venue and probably Durham as well.

The Pak v Aus series is in 2010. Guess the most logical places to have the matches would be Birmingham, Manchester and Lord's or The Oval to attract bigger ****stani crowds. Decent chance the Rose Bowl could host one of those games though depending on what's going on at the grounds I mentioned next year...

The Pak v Aus series is in 2010. Guess the most logical places to have the matches would be Birmingham, Manchester and Lord's or The Oval to attract bigger ****stani crowds. Decent chance the Rose Bowl could host one of those games though depending on what's going on at the grounds I mentioned next year...

I reckon the Rose Bowl would be a dead cert for one of those Test Matches. Incidently there were loads of ****stan fans at the One Dayer at the Rose Bowl the season before last.I reckon every day would sell out easy.

I reckon the Rose Bowl would be a dead cert for one of those Test Matches. Incidently there were loads of ****stan fans at the One Dayer at the Rose Bowl the season before last.I reckon every day would sell out easy.

I went to that and there were a lot of ****stan fans there although I wasn't very impressed with the abuse Sajid Mahmood took that game. Soton is fairly diverse and is not far from London and a number of other urban centres that don't have big enough grounds. The Ashes venues will want to focus on those games so I agree that IF the series comes to England, we'd have a good chance. I'd certainly be up for getting tickets to watch and the atmosphere would be superb.

Still, it's a shame it's had to come to that and that innocent people have died today.

Giles Clarke wasn't involved with the ECB at the time that test was awarded and he was Chairman of Somerset, not Glamorgan.

Hampshire didn't even bid for an Ashes test. The thing that frustrates me (and Bransgrove) is the apparent contradictions in how matches have been awarded. Durham and the Rose Bowl were slowly being given more high profile matches so clearly were the next in line for bigger international games, and then Cardiff came out of nowhere and jumped the queue!

Racist! ;)