Chicken pox

Saint_clark

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Gallons of calamine lotion stopped our daughter from scratching.

And warm baths...

We always swore by liberal doses of Tixylix - the original one, of course...:smt082

Cut your nails, seriously.

I thought that it was only kids that got Chicken Pox, are you sure it's not shingles?

NHS direct are good:

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/help/bodykey/questions/index.aspx?nodes=xNmrC0%2bVYtE%3d

I've thought about pulling them all the way off.

And i'm not sure, I thought it was just the higher percentage of people who get chicken pox.

Isn't shingles something that develops from chicken pox anyway?

I've thought about pulling them all the way off.

And i'm not sure, I thought it was just the higher percentage of people who get chicken pox.

Isn't shingles something that develops from chicken pox anyway?

It is, chickenpox doesn't actually go away and the virus stays in you system. Some people may get Shingles later on in life, mostly people over 50.

It is, chickenpox doesn't actually go away and the virus stays in you system. Some people may get Shingles later on in life, mostly people over 50.

Correct..! If there is any time it's OK to have a disease, then it's best to have Chickenpox when you're 6-10 years old, I believe. I had it at 6 or 7 years, and there was almost a collective sigh around the neighbourhood that all the youngsters had caught it and got it over. I remember my Mum making me egg custard [i.e. custard from scratch, no powder] and tending to me when I was at my worst. I've never forgotten how wonderful the egg-custard tasted, and how my Mum would comfort me that it would all be over soon. It's a nasty bugger when you get older, and Shingles is really awful and painful.

BTW, do anything other than scratch, if you can.

Correct..! If there is any time it's OK to have a disease, then it's best to have Chickenpox when you're 6-10 years old, I believe. I had it at 6 or 7 years, and there was almost a collective sigh around the neighbourhood that all the youngsters had caught it and got it over. I remember my Mum making me egg custard [i.e. custard from scratch, no powder] and tending to me when I was at my worst. I've never forgotten how wonderful the egg-custard tasted, and how my Mum would comfort me that it would all be over soon. It's a nasty bugger when you get older, and Shingles is really awful and painful.

At the moment i'm just sort of patting the areas that itch :confused: :lol:

If you smoke then getting chickenpox at a later age is a great way to give up.

I got it in my 30's and was so sick (it's way, way more than just a few 'nasty rashes') that I hardly ate for a week, let along smoke or drink.

When I came through it and got a bit of appetite I kinda fancied a smoke but didn't. It seemed a shame to waste the enforced nicotine withdrawal. I haven't smoke since.

In all seriousness if you are older and get it then be careful. Around 10 blokes in their 30's die every year cos they get it. I had the doctor visit the house twice - in the end I was given Morphine (great stuff that is - I can see how junkies become addicted - one minute you feel like death, the next you are sat there grinning).

Correct..! If there is any time it's OK to have a disease, then it's best to have Chickenpox when you're 6-10 years old, I believe.

It seems to be almost encouraged for kids to get it when they are toddlers nowadays. I've heard of people who deliberately take their kids round to houses where someone has it. I guess people just want to get it out of the way.

I had it when i was quite young, have still got the scar on my forehead to prove it.

I believe our infinitely wise government has set in place plans to introduce a vaccine for this, thereby ensuring we can pump more **** into babies barely out of the womb. On the grounds that

For the OP, "you're gonna need an ocean, of calamine lotion" - Pancake should put that in the next pop quiz.