TV ads - They don't make em like they used to

Mole

Fosters ads were brilliant, but the one that I really want to see again seems to have disappeared into the abyss. The one where Paul Hogan speaks to the blokes bait digging on Deal beach. They tell him that they're digging the cahnnel tunnel and he replies that he hopes it goes further than the bridge, camera pans to Deal pier. I laughed every time I saw it. I was born just yards from where it was filmed. If anyone can hunt it down I will buy them a beer.

For now though my contribution is:

Just found this one. If you are under 20 years old this is what used to happen at midnight on BBC1.

The over 40's, stand up and be proud.

Brilliant

That reminds me of the Radio 4 UK Theme that was pulled last year because of complaints by the politically correct brigade.:rolleyes:

I used to tune in specially on my way to work of a morning just to listen to it. Great music.

That reminds me of the Radio 4 UK Theme that was pulled last year because of complaints by the politically correct brigade.:rolleyes:

I used to tune in specially on my way to work of a morning just to listen to it. Great music.

Quick! Lets drop every element of english/britishness before it offends.

Listening to that music has made me so angry.

3 mins 40 in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3rz2Wgdip4&feature=related

..and he used to make them in Eastleigh..

LOL at % mins too "Don;t nbe the last man in your street to own a VHS video recorder..only £199"

You need to see this onepeople, it is like a bloody suitcase and he's nearly giving himself a hernia.

Brilliant thread.

Edited by hamster

3 mins 40 in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3rz2Wgdip4&feature=related

..and he used to make them in Eastleigh..

LOL at % mins too "Don;t nbe the last man in your street to own a VHS video recorder..only £199"

You need to see this onepeople, it is like a bloody suitcase and he's nearly giving himself a hernia.

Brilliant thread.

The bakery is still there, but they don't make bread anymore.

Another great Carling Black Label advert

Another classic

If fact the beer adverts were some of the best around.

Which beer had the strapline "If you want great lager, follow the bear...."?

...and you can't forget

Hoffmeister used the line follow the bear.

No, they dropped it to extend the new broadcast, but lets not let that get in the way of a good old TSW rant, eh?

Yeah ok of course they did.

Blah blah blah political correctness gone mad blah blah blah so much better in the good old bad old days blah blah blah

Explaining the decision, Radio 4 controller Mark Damazer said: "I know there are some people who will regret the passing of the UK Theme, but I believe the bulk of the audience will be better served by a pacy news briefing, read by one of Radio 4's team of news readers."

I don't believe the excuse given. Many people enjoyed the UK theme and tuned is specially to listen to it. But as always in this country the minority got their way.

How do you know it was a minority. For all you know, most people thought it was crap. Perhaps it was you in the minority.

And another classic. hands up who's mums used to dance with the cleaner to it.#-o

Years ago I was working in the RAF and my Sgt was sitting down at his desk and I told him some alternative lyrics along the line of, "Do the shake n vac and pull your pizz flaps back, do the shake and vac and pull your pizz flaps back, cos when your vag is clean, I'll lick your spleen, do the shake and vac and pull your pizz flaps back." It wasn't really that funny, but what was funny was that we had an old woman civilian admin assistant and unbeknown to my Sgt, she was standing right behind him as he really went for it, complete with lewd actions. How I laughed as she looked horrified, which made my Sgt go for it more, thinking I was finding his routine funny.

Another great Carling Black Label advert

Another classic

If fact the beer adverts were some of the best around.

Which beer had the strapline "If you want great lager, follow the bear...."?

...and you can't forget

Imagine trying to do a tongue in cheek yet proper British joke advert now at the Germans expense!! It was brilliant though.