Jack Tweed

Weston Super Saint

It may be special circumstances, but I think we can overlook this. I'd also like to think that people who are not celebrities, or not in the public gaze, would be treated similarly, but of course we'd be unlikely to hear of such special treatment, if it occurred.

Being able to make special allowances under tragic circumstances is what makes the difference between decent people and stiff unfeeling jobworths.

NB: Just been reading an article about Jade Goody, and it reminded me that CH4 notified her of her grave illness over broadcast TV. There was no real huge fuss made over this [ok, they were haulled over the coals a wee bit], and to me they've somehow managed to slip out of any moral responsibility there.

Edited by St Landrew

It may be special circumstances, but I think we can overlook this. I'd also like to think that people who are not celebrities, or not in the public gaze, would be treated similarly, but of course we'd be unlikely to hear of such special treatment, if it occurred.

Being able to make special allowances under tragic circumstances is what makes the difference between decent people and stiff unfeeling jobworths.

Do you honestly believe it would happen though?

Also, where do you draw the line on what is a special circumstance and what isn't?

Does it not make a mockery of what is already a mocked judiciary system?

I work for Her Majesty's Court Service and have worked in lots of different courts. Although I think Tweed is a little ****, beating up a 16 year old with a golf club, driving whilst disqualified etc but this decision hasant been made because he is a celeb.

It is very common for curfews to be lifted so people can go to weddings, funerals, visit sick relatives etc. Its not unusual for curfews to be lifted for people who had pre booked holidays prior to getting a tag! One lad at a court I worked at had his curfew hours changed so he could go rugby training as he was a county player!

I think the right decision was made in this case.

I work for Her Majesty's Court Service and have worked in lots of different courts. Although I think Tweed is a little ****, beating up a 16 year old with a golf club, driving whilst disqualified etc but this decision hasant been made because he is a celeb.

It is very common for curfews to be lifted so people can go to weddings, funerals, visit sick relatives etc. Its not unusual for curfews to be lifted for people who had pre booked holidays prior to getting a tag! One lad at a court I worked at had his curfew hours changed so he could go rugby training as he was a county player!

Cheers.

I didn't realise it was such a common occurrence.

NB: Just been reading an article about Jade Goody, and it reminded me that CH4 notified her of her grave illness over broadcast TV. There was no real huge fuss made over this [ok, they were haulled over the coals a wee bit], and to me they've somehow managed to slip out of any moral responsibility there.

It was the Indian BB. I don't think C4 showed it.

Is he ? I had never heard of the b^stard until this current mania broke out.

He has done well imo.

1. - went to prison and split up with Jade

2. - got out of prison and proposed as it was announced the cancer was terminal

3. - marrying her and got his curfew lifted

He is clearly hoping he will now be a beneficiary of her millions. I just hope her will leaves him nothing.

He has done well imo.

He is clearly hoping he will now be a beneficiary of her millions. I just hope her will leaves him nothing.

He has a deal with OK magazine.

I think you made your opinions clear by the way you posed the question.

What are they then? amaze me.

Having heard from someone in 'the trade' that this is actually not as isolated as it would appear in the media, my opinion is 'fair play' to him.

He didn't make the law, but if there are clauses in it to allow him to get married, have a holiday etc etc, then why should he be denied the opportunity that others get?

He has done well imo.

Can't help thinking this circus is a publicity move on his part.Certainly won't do him any harm and yes,could be a payday in it as well.

People who previously hated Jade now feel sorry for her and the little Tweed **** is no different really. He's marrying her because she's dieing, which he would not be doing if she wasn't.

tbf tho, lots of people get married BECAUSE they are terminally ill....i don't think this is anything to do with Jade being famous .....

and so what if people now feel sorry for her BECAUSE she is ill, i feel sorry for ANYONE who is dying....she is not a bad person, just a bit thick.......that's no reason to hate someone and be unfeeling towards them,is it??

and those who thought that Jack's curfew being lifted was "only coz he is in the media spotlight" (i won't say 'famous') really are out of touch.......

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
....she is not a bad person, just a bit thick.......

From her vitriolic racist comments towards Shilpa Shetty, I'd say that made her a bad person. IMO.

I just worked out who Jack Tweed is. Personally I don't give a shyte as none of the upcoming moronic tabloid stuff will affect me. Neither do I buy Hello or OK. I could be on a submarine really. If it somehow does something for cancer research, then Goody has done something worthwhile, eventually.

Edited by TopGun

Thats like a parent grounding their child for a week, except for the evenings when he/she has plans.

what about the comment that "her kind look dirty"...?

dont remember that one mate.

I think with Jade though its more ignorance and niaevity(sp) than actual racism

no, me neither......

think you may be too quick to listen to idle gossip DD (unless of course you can prove your claim,that is), in which case i'll apologise......

I just worked out who Jack Tweed is. Personally I don't give a shyte as none of the upcoming moronic tabloid stuff will affect me. Neither do I buy Hello or OK. I could be on a submarine really. If it somehow does something for cancer research, then Goody has done something worthwhile, eventually.

According to a radio news report i heard yesterday, GP's surgery have already seen a large increase in the number of women booking smear tests, so it has definately had a positive effect........(altho, why the hell women need a reminder like this in order to have a smear is beyond my comprehension, tbh!)....10 minutes out of your life could very well be enough to save it...........it's a no-brainer for me.....

He has done well imo.

Was he in prison for attacking a youth with a golf club????

He is marrying Jade Goodie????

Will this make him stepfather to her two boys???

Will he have parental control of them after she dies????

Is he a good role model????

This is a setup to make money...nothing more....nothing less imho of course.

Was he in prison for attacking a youth with a golf club????

He is marrying Jade Goodie????

Will this make him stepfather to her two boys???

Will he have parental control of them after she dies????

Is he a good role model????

This is a setup to make money...nothing more....nothing less imho of course.

i doubt that he will have parental control of the kids.........their father will probably have custody, shared with her mum i expect.

and even IF this is all about making money, so what??????.......i know if i was dying i would want to leave my kids with as much financial security as possible, wouldn't you????....and she does certainly does have clout when it comes to making money thru publicity......fair play to the girl..........

i doubt that he will have parental control of the kids.........their father will probably have custody, shared with her mum i expect.

and even IF this is all about making money, so what??????.......i know if i was dying i would want to leave my kids with as much financial security as possible, wouldn't you????....and she does certainly does have clout when it comes to making money thru publicity......fair play to the girl..........

I think the comment about making money was aimed at Jack not Jade, today is nothing more then a very large pay day for him, end of.

I think the comment about making money was aimed at Jack not Jade, today is nothing more then a very large pay day for him, end of.

the sinic (sp) in me says that you MAY be right, however , my brother's friend was told she had 2 months to live (cancer) and so married her long term boyfriend and father of her 2 children...........there was no payday for them, so what was their motivation????......the romantic in me tells me that it is 'love'.........Jade and Jack may well be doing this for monetary reasons BUT i don't think they are doing this PURELY for the money ....

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
wow, it must be fabulous being as perfect as you!! ....

You seriously need to get a life, if thats what you think racisism is.

I'm nowhere near perfect but I deal with racism every day of my life, and what she said was racist and intended to offend.

I feel sorry for her as much as I feel sorry for anyone young who is suffering a terminal illness, and I feel really sorry for the children who will have to grow up without their mother.

But it doesn't stop me from thinking that she's an ignorant, racist oaf who has no right to be a "celebrity" and, quite frankly, I'm sick of all the fuss being made over such a non-entity.

However, I agree with the poster(s) who said that if one person is helped by the attention being brought to breast cancer then something, however small, has been a benefit to her situation.

There is a lot more going on in the world that we should be concerned with.

People who previously hated Jade now feel sorry for her and the little Tweed **** is no different really. He's marrying her because she's dieing, which he would not be doing if she wasn't.

I doubt he would be marrying her if there was a real prospect of having to spend the next 40 years married to her thats for sure.Although like most underclass he'd probably just father another two kids before buggering off to do the same again elsewhere.

Edited by Badger

I'm nowhere near perfect but I deal with racism every day of my life, and what she said was racist and intended to offend.

I feel sorry for her as much as I feel sorry for anyone young who is suffering a terminal illness, and I feel really sorry for the children who will have to grow up without their mother.

But it doesn't stop me from thinking that she's an ignorant, racist oaf who has no right to be a "celebrity" and, quite frankly, I'm sick of all the fuss being made over such a non-entity.

However, I agree with the poster(s) who said that if one person is helped by the attention being brought to breast cancer then something, however small, has been a benefit to her situation.

There is a lot more going on in the world that we should be concerned with.

I think the highlighted word proves your ignorance about the whole situation.You are obvioulsy an intelligent, articulate person, who has fallen into the "oh so politically correct brigade" and must be seen to be doing the right thng every time. Name calling isn't racist by itself. .... no different from calling someone bigears, dumbo, spotty, ginger etc. But i just know you wouln't get so upset for the spotty, fat, ginger, big eared kid, being called names

Edited by Gemmel

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I think you'll find it's actually cervical cancer.

Yep, my bad. The principle is still the same regarding people being made aware though.