Stupid question time - r.e. Safari

Michelle

I have been using Firefox for a while now, having a play with Safari to see what it can do.

I'm using the built-in Google search bar, as I would on Firefox, as it's nice and easy to have to hand rather than clicking through to Google, then searching.

Ah well, no biggie really.

interesting wording.

could have bet my bottom dollar you could have gone with not AS EASY on Windows. Being a mac sl*g and all now

We're not all Essruu's, if windows was that bad I wouldnt have used it for so many years.

Honestly can't see the problem. My default homepage is Google UK on both IE7 and Safari. Set your home page address as http://www.google.co.uk in General preferences, and Robert's your mother's brother. Or if you have a personalised iGoogle, then copy and paste that address into the same spot, and there you go.

Unless you mean that the radio button in Google UK is, by default, set to the web rather than pages from the UK.

I must be missing something here.

Oh, are you looking at the quicksearch bar and not the homepage options?

Just looked again. Yes she is. Just look a little further down the same preferences page, Michelle and set it as required [see my post above]. However, it will become your homepage, rather than just the default search engine.