Pompey Online Hacked by Morrocan Gang!

PES

Lol at you all for clicking on it and downloading XP AntiVirus 2008 without knowing it.

Upon restart you will see what i mean.

I've already restarted my PC this morning after visiting PO to see what the fuss was all about, and nothing bad happened.

I am running a full system scan using McAfee Total Protection just in case though :)

Lol at you all for clicking on it and downloading XP AntiVirus 2008 without knowing it.

Upon restart you will see what i mean. If your at work, unplug your netwrok cable cos this is a nasty little bugger!

I seriously hope not as i have just about managed to get rid of that off my home PC. Think I managed to get rid of a few other things at the same time though.

Damn PES for including the link. MODS! Can you remove the link please?!

Lol@ all you Windoze users now panicking, restarting your machines and doing full system scans. I might open up the link in 10 browser tabs and think about you waiting for the system scan result box to pop up.

Full system scan came back clean.

Wouldn't worry too much...

Which does not mean that much to be honest. Changing a compile flag would fool a fair few scanners. Hell, you can even buy rootkits that come with a one year non-detection warranty

One question no-one has answered.

Why bother?

Sounds like it is an automated script that searches for websites running the software it has an exploit for. Think of it as petty vandalism. Rather funny it has hit POL but then SF did get hit with a sinister embedded link on the main page once...

Lol@ all you Windoze users now panicking, restarting your machines and doing full system scans. I might open up the link in 10 browser tabs and think about you waiting for the system scan result box to pop up.
LOL @ mac users who appear unaware that their system of choice has plenty of exploits of its own or anyone that would ask a taxi driver for IT security advice. Last post of the day for me but feel free to spout off your normal fanboy guff in reply.