Pompey

Weston Super Saint

So, how are you guys getting on with the sale of your club - it is still up for sale isn't it?

Everyone seems to have let you down recently haven't they. Are they hoping Gaydamak will be arrested and pick you up on the cheap, or is nothing going to happen and you'll be left with an owner who doesn't want to own?

Oh, and does anyone know, is Corpse a photocopier salesman ;)

So, how are you guys getting on with the sale of your club - it is still up for sale isn't it?

Everyone seems to have let you down recently haven't they. Are they hoping Gaydamak will be arrested and pick you up on the cheap, or is nothing going to happen and you'll be left with an owner who doesn't want to own?

s_wooden-spoon.jpg

:D

To be honest Weston, I'm pretty confident about the future. Though I know you don't want to hear that! I won't sh*t you, I have nothing to go on but my misplaced optimism, but Pompey will stay up, will reduce the wage bill, will start bringing our own youngsters through and will maintain our premiership status for a good few years yet! Of course I'm probably wrong. :D

but Pompey will stay up, will reduce the wage bill, will start bringing our own youngsters through and will maintain our premiership status for a good few years yet! Of course I'm probably wrong. :D

but Saints will stay up, will reduce the wage bill, will start bringing our own youngsters through and will maintain our championship status for a good few years yet!

Baj '08

but Saints will stay up, will reduce the wage bill, will start bringing our own youngsters through and will maintain our championship status for a good few years yet!

Baj '08

Thats the Spirit Baj, don't let the doom mongers get you down! :D

PES

You are the acceptable face of the 'Dark Side' of the county and, to my mind, a welcome poster here

A little tip from a concerned individual grateful to be living in the sunny side of Hampshire. Please ensure your loved ones don't interbreed with the six fingered, shaven headed, tattoo'd beings who purport to be human and have colonised parts of Portsea and surrounding areas since the Dark Ages.

Be especially careful of Corps Ho and his sub group. I believe his type are particularly dangerous as they possess a modicum of intelligence.

Fortunately these people can normally be recognised as more intelligent beings and therefore avoided. Their tattoos are generally spelt correctly.

Additionally their psychological profile is better balanced. They carry a chip on both shoulders.

Corps is currently away spawning but will return shortly. Beware!!

PES

You are the acceptable face of the 'Dark Side' of the county and, to my mind, a welcome poster here

A little tip from a concerned individual grateful to be living in the sunny side of Hampshire. Please ensure your loved ones don't interbreed with the six fingered, shaven headed, tattoo'd beings who purport to be human and have colonised parts of Portsea and surrounding areas since the Dark Ages.

Be especially careful of Corps Ho and his sub group. I believe his type are particularly dangerous as they possess a modicum of intelligence.

Fortunately these people can normally be recognised as more intelligent beings and therefore avoided. Their tattoos are generally spelt correctly.

Additionally their psychological profile is better balanced. They carry a chip on both shoulders.

Corps is currently away spawning but will return shortly. Beware!!

Thanks Sky, I'll be careful! FWIW, I enjoy reading Corps posts and the general 'Debate' that follows! I think the site is better for his postings and hope for a return of the Corp v SRS/NickH long running spats. For me it's funny, I personally don't look to wind-up fans on here, likewise I don't respond to those that do it to me, but as an amused observer of the good old cyber tear ups on here, Corp, SRS etc are solid gold!

To be honest Weston, I'm pretty confident about the future. Though I know you don't want to hear that! I won't sh*t you, I have nothing to go on but my misplaced optimism, but Pompey will stay up, will reduce the wage bill, will start bringing our own youngsters through and will maintain our premiership status for a good few years yet! Of course I'm probably wrong. :D

Excellent news.

I'm sure you'll do really well too, especially with your new training facilities.....oh....

For your information WSS Da Man thats Sacha, has just turned down an offer.(and i don't mean from some slapper across the road)

Word has it he wants to make sure we are in safe hands:roll:,,,,,,,,,,,,,(more like thy weren't offering the right size of Wad.;)

How much safer than the hands of a gun running drug baron can you get :smt102

Like Middlesborough! Oh......

without big outside financial backing, the PL future for any club with a 20k stadium, (often nearly full admittedly) is short term.

That is the reality.

As PES has already said, Gaydamak has just turned down a bid from a Swiss group so despite what most on here have told me there clearly is interest in buying PFC. Not only that, but the fact that Gaydamak turned down the bid would suggest that he's either not desperate to sell or that there are other interested parties. In fact the rumours are that a group (maybe middle eastern but certainly backed with middle eastern money - as reported in the Times) is very interested but won't bid until our Prem League status is secured. There's also a rumour about a Greek guy bidding.

And no, I am in sales but definitely not photocopiers.

without big outside financial backing, the PL future for any club with a 20k stadium, (often nearly full admittedly) is short term. That is the reality.

Actually, that's not the reality. The reality is that the increase in money from TV is now far more important than gate money for clubs like Pompey (and Saints if you were still in the Prem). A new stadium with a capacity of 30,000 (similar sized crowd to what you got in the top division before your super fans deserted en mass) would generate around an additional £5.5m pa. A decent amount but when you consider that we now get around £30m a year from SKY it's not critical, wouldn't you say?

As PES has already said, Gaydamak has just turned down a bid from a Swiss group so despite what most on here have told me there clearly is interest in buying PFC. Not only that, but the fact that Gaydamak turned down the bid would suggest that he's either not desperate to sell or that there are other interested parties. In fact the rumours are that a group (maybe middle eastern but certainly backed with middle eastern money - as reported in the Times) is very interested but won't bid until our Prem League status is secured. There's also a rumour about a Greek guy bidding.

So, if I made an offer of £20,000 and he [quite rightly] turned the bid down, would that be evidence of further bids round the corner?

Actually, that's not the reality. The reality is that the increase in money from TV is now far more important than gate money for clubs like Pompey (and Saints if you were still in the Prem). A new stadium with a capacity of 30,000 (similar sized crowd to what you got in the top division before your super fans deserted en mass) would generate around an additional £5.5m pa. A decent amount but when you consider that we now get around £30m a year from SKY it's not critical, wouldn't you say?

IT has returned, after proving that IT disappears when things are going wrong only to return when the results have turned. LOL

I suppose it was a 12 week vacation Lol

I suppose it must be nice to actually have interest shown in purchasing your club but it appears the 'Swiss' bid, by Ramon Vega, was a bit sketchy to say the least.

According to media reports Mr Vega was unable to confirm if he actually had the funds to purchase. A tyre kicker in other words.

As Corp Ho suggested, it would make sense that any prospective purchaser would await confirmation of the club retaining Prem status before cranking up any interest.

For what it is worth I think Pompey will stay up with relative ease this season.

Without new investment, next year may be challenging tho.

On a completely different tack, I notice that Dallas Cowboys (NFL) will soon move into a brand new state of the art stadium (capacity 85-110,000 dependent on activity) costing £900m

I visited their current indoor stadium in 1978 when it was fairly new. V impressive. Before that they had played at the Texas Stadium, a vast bowl with a 80,000+ capacity.

So three stadium venues in 40 odd years. Shows what the Yanks can do. However cheap land/cheapish material/cheap labour plus entreprenurial skill

All that said some of the NFL franchises are suffering and have had to offer seat prices as low as $2 to attract punters.

so why try to build a new stadium??

We turned down the SISU bid. Did that mean there was other interest or did it suggest that the bid was crappy and not in the interest of our shareholders? I imagine Sasha turned it down because it didn't give him enough return on his investment.

It certainly seems as though they've learnt absolutely nothing from our previous couple of years of takeover rumours :rolleyes:

so why try to build a new stadium??

Why not?..........or are you pony fiddlers the only club allowed to Have a new ground, lose your Prem status, struggle like f*ck with a millstone of a mortgage dwindling fair weather supporters, Have a wacko chairman who looks like hes about to plunge you into the abyss, Never to resurface. Even you pilgrims cant be so mean to begrudge us some of this action;)

Why not?..........or are you pony fiddlers the only club allowed to Have a new ground, lose your Prem status, struggle like f*ck with a millstone of a mortgage dwindling fair weather supporters, Have a wacko chairman who looks like hes about to plunge you into the abyss, Never to resurface. Even you pilgrims cant be so mean to begrudge us some of this action;)

Get yer hands off, that's ours!!!

Get yer hands off, that's ours!!!

:smt082 LoL,,,,,,,,Hears a little fillet for you WSS,,,,,Roomer has it that the Port Solent jaunt is up the Swanee and gone tits up. And we are back to YEP! you spin fratton round yer baby right round like a record baby round yer right round:rolleyes:

:smt082 LoL,,,,,,,,Hears a little fillet for you WSS,,,,,Roomer has it that the Port Solent jaunt is up the Swanee and gone tits up. And we are back to YEP! you spin fratton round yer baby right round like a record baby round yer right round:rolleyes:

LOL. I'll resist the temptation to say 'told you so'.....oh....

You didnt really believe the Port Salut was really going to happen did you Mack???

They are going to turn the stadium around alright, not move the stands or anything just make the pitch 100 yards wide and 50 yards long.You gimps will think it is a new groud as something looks a bit different but cant place what

Edited by OldNick

I heard Gaydamak turned down the swiss bid, because they only offered 2 bars of Milka chocolate , a cow bell and 1 yodaler. And he wanted 3 bars of Milka!:D

Milka? F.O East Side! Were worth at least a couple of Toblerones. Your rabble's value equates to a f****** Kinda Egg (Wonder what the surprise is? Bet you can't wait!). :D

You didnt really believe the Port Salut was really going to happen did you Mack???

They are going to turn the stadium around alright, not move the stands or anything just make the pitch 100 yards wide and 50 yards long.You gimps will think it is a new groud as something looks a bit different but cant place what

Christ, Nick Nack calling Pompey fans gimps. Still, I suppose he should know a he spends most weekends chained up in a dungeon wearing a leather mask and a butt plug shoved up his back passage.

Look Mavis, the reason nothing is happening on a new ground for Pompey is because Gaydamak's selling up. He's not going to invest any cash in it so nothing will happen until new owners come along. Not a difficult concept to grasp, is it, even for a one dimensional dullard like you. I have no idea if the Port Solent plan will/ would have gone ahead. I do know that the money from a couple of supermarket chains had been discussed in some detail and was agreed in principle but the real stumbling block as far as I could see was the transport infrastructure to and from the new ground. However, I understand that if the 2018 world cup bid is won by the FA then they would be willing to contribute a significant sum towards construction. However, until a new owner comes in clearly nothing will happen.

Christ, Nick Nack calling Pompey fans gimps. Still, I suppose he should know a he spends most weekends chained up in a dungeon wearing a leather mask and a butt plug shoved up his back passage.

Look Mavis, the reason nothing is happening on a new ground for Pompey is because Gaydamak's selling up. He's not going to invest any cash in it so nothing will happen until new owners come along. Not a difficult concept to grasp, is it, even for a one dimensional dullard like you. I have no idea if the Port Solent plan will/ would have gone ahead. I do know that the money from a couple of supermarket chains had been discussed in some detail and was agreed in principle but the real stumbling block as far as I could see was the transport infrastructure to and from the new ground. However, I understand that if the 2018 world cup bid is won by the FA then they would be willing to contribute a significant sum towards construction. However, until a new owner comes in clearly nothing will happen.

..so not...cough..."2 weeks" then?

windupcrewl.jpg

If thats what happens Nickey Boy then it wont cost much;)

At least we don't feel like the ancient mariner,,,,,with a feckin big albatross around our necks:D

I understand that if the 2018 world cup bid is won by the FA then they would be willing to contribute a significant sum towards construction. However, until a new owner comes in clearly nothing will happen.

Wake up.................WAKE THE F*CK UP!!!!!!!!!!!

You're dreaming......lol:smt082:smt082:smt082:smt082

...I understand that if the 2018 world cup bid is won by the FA then they would be willing to contribute a significant sum towards construction..............

And when I click my fingers you will be back in the room.

it would almost be worth it to see the skates get a bit of FA help to build a 45000 seater, only for relegation to follow,(it DOES happen you know) and 10000 rattle around something the size of 3 IKEAs.

Make our place looked full to overflowing.

However, I understand that if the 2018 world cup bid is won by the FA then they would be willing to contribute a significant sum towards construction. However, until a new owner comes in clearly nothing will happen.

Cant see it somehow, its not like this country is short of stadiums able to host the WC games.

Are you new to this forum? i think there was a poster a while ago who used to post under a similar name when things were going well.Then as it was suggested he'd disappear when things got tough and then return when things perked up again.Lol

That same person was telling us that the stadium had started as well as the training facilities.I think you lot have become the donkeys and a carrot is on a stick 2 feet in front of you and you just keep walking thinking you are really going to get it.

If you stay up in the next 3 years and the economy picks up a bit a buyer may come along and then MAY build a stadium, but dont keep thinking it is really there because it patently is not at present.

You gimps need to realise it and fast.Football is losing its edge and the PL is fast becoming a tarnished product, fans like us have seen the days when football was more closer to the fan, not the ivory towers they have now.I enjoy where we are as in a mainly british style and a lot of the young lads coming threough.Its not PL glossy but the hurly burly of the old british style.

If we were in the PL then perhaps i may think differently, but hand on heart i really dont yearn for the overhype over paid PL.

Edited by OldNick

Cant see it somehow, its not like this country is short of stadiums able to host the WC games.

I think this goes back to when the stadium was going to be built and the FA then said something about if the ground was big enough they might use it as a venue.Considering the FA are not in a great financial state then I dont think they will lend money, especially after missiug the Euros

Are you new to this forum? i think there was a poster a while ago who used to post under a similar name when things were going well.Then as it was suggested he'd disappear when things got tough and then return when things perked up again.Lol

Jesus Christ Mavis, you get so excited going on about me "disappearing" I bet you wet your wife's knickers that you're no doubt wearing. Pompey's form has no bearing on whether I come on here or not (look at the table today). If I don't post on here it's either because I'm too busy or because the site has become so ****ing boring, especially with little men like you replacing the old posters who could at least banter a bit. You're such a wet little weed even your own fans on the main board laugh at your constant "rah rah Saints" posting.

That same person was telling us that the stadium had started as well as the training facilities.I think you lot have become the donkeys and a carrot is on a stick 2 feet in front of you and you just keep walking thinking you are really going to get it.

Err, when did I say the stadium has started Mave? Look at the post below (I've highlighted it to make it easier for your sherry soaked brain to comprehend). As for the training ground, I think you'll find work did start but has been suspended as, like everything else, Gaydamak isn't providing any more funding.

If you stay up in the next 3 years and the economy picks up a bit a buyer may come along and then MAY build a stadium, but dont keep thinking it is really there because it patently is not at present.

We may or may not get new buyers but there's certainly interest. Storrie was in the middle east last week talking to an interested group.

You gimps need to realise it and fast.Football is losing its edge and the PL is fast becoming a tarnished product,

PMSL. A tarnished product? The Prem is watched more now across the globe than ever before. The Prem clubs are now dominating club football to an extent we've never seen. Could you explain to us all how the most popular league in world football is becoming tarnished you mincing old drama queen?

fans like us have seen the days when football was more closer to the fan, not the ivory towers they have now.

Oh, the halcyon days. Pompey fans would clearly have no conception of the days you're talking about, would they Mave?

I enjoy where we are as in a mainly british style and a lot of the young lads coming threough.Its not PL glossy but the hurly burly of the old british style.

Jumpers for goalposts? LOL

If we were in the PL then perhaps i may think differently, but hand on heart i really dont yearn for the overhype over paid PL.

Look Mavis, the reason nothing is happening on a new ground for Pompey is because Gaydamak's selling up. He's not going to invest any cash in it so nothing will happen until new owners come along. Not a difficult concept to grasp, is it, even for a one dimensional dullard like you. I have no idea if the Port Solent plan will/ would have gone ahead. I do know that the money from a couple of supermarket chains had been discussed in some detail and was agreed in principle but the real stumbling block as far as I could see was the transport infrastructure to and from the new ground.

I know you're a well meaning old duffer Nick Nack but some of the stuff you're posting here is so embarrassingly off beam I almost feel sorry for you. Why don't you just stick to going to games with your flak of tea and rattle and cheer on the "young lads coming through" rather than showing yourself up on here as some kind of Mr Chips of the football mesage board world.