Marcus North

manji

Our new signing 61 n.o. on his test debut (Im watching at the mo).Looks like we wont be seeing him then.

Also Tahir about to qualify for the South Africa team....

He's on 85 not out at lunch now.

I didn't realise he had signed with Hampshire. What a good signing that was. You couldn't have predicted him to have made the national team either so it's quite unfortunate.

This is the first time we've played 3 debutants in a test match since the mid 80's and we have another in his second test.

While I didn't like losing to South Africa it's at least forced the selectors to reassess things and hopefully we'll see the benefits of that in the future (especially in The Ashes ;)).

Apparently Hampshire are confident of getting North for the beginning of the season.If not we are hoping to get Stuart Clark back !

Can't see us having any chance of getting either of them as the Aussie Cricket Board just wont allow it with both of them being certs for the Ashes squad if fit.

We've had bad luck with overseas players recently, everytime we pick one they get called-up by their country - Watson last season, now North and no doubt Tahir will be next, I doubt very much we'll see him this season either.

Can't see us having any chance of getting either of them as the Aussie Cricket Board just wont allow it with both of them being certs for the Ashes squad if fit.

We've had bad luck with overseas players recently, everytime we pick one they get called-up by their country - Watson last season, now North and no doubt Tahir will be next, I doubt very much we'll see him this season either.

The ACB are letting some players go to the IPL which means they would miss Aussie Boot Camp and Hampshire are confident we could do the same.