First 3 games.

bjk

Despite the renewed optimism,myself included,i'm very worried about the first 3 games.I just cant see us getting anything at Cardiff and then Birmingham and Derby in my opinion are likely defeats.This could shatter the confidence of the young players and we could really struggle if this happens.God i hope i'm wrong,i usually am by the way.

I think you underestimate the mental resilience of the younger players. I am sure they are well aware of what lies ahead and I think it would take more than a few games to shatter their confidence. The worst would be if we got played of the park in each game but after the recent performances I can't see that happening.

I think we'll shock a few teams early on in the campaign!

DITTO.

I also think that those shocked teams will respond by kicking the shi* out of our younger, lighter players. How those players cope with that will determine how our season will pan-out, IMO.

Think back to Dyer and how he has got on in this league. It was a tough split between superb running, control and making big, bruiser defenders look stupid... and running into a brick wall or being kicked into row Z.

Every team knows what we're up to, they know to expect fast paced, counter-attacking. They also know that a swift kick in the shins will make a younger or weaker player think twice before taking them on next time.

If our guys can find a way of dealing with this and don't get scared, we are in for one heck of a season. If not... *gulp*

DITTO.

I also think that those shocked teams will respond by kicking the shi* out of our younger, lighter players. How those players cope with that will determine how our season will pan-out, IMO.

Think back to Dyer and how he has got on in this league. It was a tough split between superb running, control and making big, bruiser defenders look stupid... and running into a brick wall or being kicked into row Z.

Every team knows what we're up to, they know to expect fast paced, counter-attacking. They also know that a swift kick in the shins will make a younger or weaker player think twice before taking them on next time.

If our guys can find a way of dealing with this and don't get scared, we are in for one heck of a season. If not... *gulp*

I do believe that if we keep it simple with quick passing and especially movement we can play our way around the bruisers.

One thing I did find apparent is that these players have an understanding between them which will not only help with the quick play but I also think they will stick up for each other and even give a good kick in the shins back at them.

From the WHU game we certainly were not afraid to get stuck in, saying that I don't know how well we will cope in the box from the high balls and the hustle and bustle that comes with it against a taller more physical side.

Cardiff - if we get any kind of result there, I'd be over the moon. Difficult 1st game of the season but we may surprise them. Reckon we won't tho. L0-1

Brum- lets no kid ourselves, they will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Reckon we'll get a draw. 1-1

Derby - I actually fancy us for this one. 2-1 Saints.

Hoping for 4 but would settle for 3 points early on and baring in mind the opponents.

It's just soooo difficult to call, I really don't know which way to lean. I can't help thinking we are gonna get some severe twonkings this seasons as well as handing out a few.

A big part of how Poortalooe will be judged by me is how he changes things mid game when it's going t1ts up - the kids heads are gonna hit the deck and how he react will have a big say in our season.

Either way I'm confident it will be a far more entertaining season than it was last year!! (on the pitch that is!)

Despite the renewed optimism,myself included,i'm very worried about the first 3 games.I just cant see us getting anything at Cardiff and then Birmingham and Derby in my opinion are likely defeats.This could shatter the confidence of the young players and we could really struggle if this happens.God i hope i'm wrong,i usually am by the way.

we wont get more than 9 points IMO

What you have to remember is that Gerby and Brum both got relegated and thus their confidence may be quite low...I know we weren't great, but our team is so different now and the philosophy is much changed. Hungry lads playing free flowing football could well shatter these other teams. Just look at this post at how the fans confidence is beginning to grow- think what it could be like after tanking Cardiff.....we could be in for a very good season..as long as the defence holds up!

What you have to remember is that Gerby and Brum both got relegated and thus their confidence may be quite low...I know we weren't great' date=' but our team is so different now and the philosophy is much changed. Hungry lads playing free flowing football could well shatter these other teams. Just look at this post at how the fans confidence is beginning to grow- think what it could be like after tanking Cardiff.....we could be in for a very good season..as long as the defence holds up![/quote']

Alleluia...our time has come!

in all seriousness, 3 at max. three draws or one win. probably draws, thats our style.

that might have been our style, I'll be amazed if we draw many games these younger players have energy to spare and could well turn conceding late goals into scoring late goals, especially in the early part of the season.

I don't think they'll get bullied either, ask west ham.