Most Gorgeous F1 Car of All Time

Son of Bob

500x375.aspx

Not a bad choice but the 72 is nicer!

That was a nice era in racing. It's not everyones cup of tea but the Ferrari 312 T5 is one of my all time favourites as well. Mainly due to the fact I spent many, many Sunday afternoons as a young kid watching my all-time hero Gilles Villeneuve battling wheel to wheel with the Renaults. I have never been affected so bad by the death of someone I've never met than when Gilles met his untimely end at Spa in 1982. It was like losing a close relative. I cried my eyes out.

Ferrari+312+T5+1980.jpg

gv52.jpg

Here is the best F1 duel of all time;

And here is the accident at Spa that sadly took Villeneuves life (warning - it is quite graphic);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Z8V8RvRX0&NR=1

dsjfbsdjbfau3.jpg

A few runners up from me, the Jordan 191 always looked pretty much bang on to me, cleanlines, and a distinctive yet simple livery, magic.

2902629120_b5e2b17cf9.jpg

The livery is much a muchness but in terms of how the car looks, it's proportions look utterly correct to me. From no angle does it look bad.

The Ferrari 156, utterly distinctive and all the better for it.

533301.jpg

The Brabham BT52, a very purposeful looking machine, and finally:

33829509.SelectionLotus33.jpg

More beautiful simplicity in design, the best looking non sponsored Lotus for me.

dsjfbsdjbfau3.jpg

A few runners up from me, the Jordan 191 always looked pretty much bang on to me, cleanlines, and a distinctive yet simple livery, magic.

2902629120_b5e2b17cf9.jpg

The livery is much a muchness but in terms of how the car looks, it's proportions look utterly correct to me. From no angle does it look bad.

The Ferrari 156, utterly distinctive and all the better for it.

533301.jpg

The Brabham BT52, a very purposeful looking machine, and finally:

33829509.SelectionLotus33.jpg

More beautiful simplicity in design, the best looking non sponsored Lotus for me.

Not being a fan of F!, I feel obliged to say that the JPS car is probably the most recognisible one in the world. Ergo, it is the best design.

These machines are 4 wheeled adverts after all, and it is quite probable that some people chose to smoke JPS due to that car.

Just my opinion.

600_Piquet03_tcm3-50991.jpg

Not great livery but I always thought the lines on this car were beautiful.

Edit: I didn't notice this picture was taken after they added the stupid little added wings which ruined the aesthetics somewhat.

Edited by Sheaf Saint