Unofficial Official 2009 Glastonbury thread!

swannymere

I'm definately going this year, this'll be my third year and I hope that it will be even better than last year's event!

Pretty chuffed about Blur, not too sure about Springsteen, may watch Franz Ferdinand or someone else instead. Neil Young is pretty much a shoe-in for Friday night, so which British act is joint headlining the Pyramid on Saturday with Springsteen? I think it's between Arctic Monkeys (all of them went to Glasto last year and said they were gutted not to be out there playing) and Depeche Mode (self confirmed for Glastonbury according to teh innernetz, but will probably headling the Other Stage on Sunday or Friday imo). My guesses for the lineup this year:

Friday

Pyramid - Neil Young

Other - Depeche Mode

Saturday

Pyramid - Springsteen (Confirmed)/Arctic Monkeys

Other - Franz Ferdinand (Confirmed)

Sunday

Pyramid - Blur (Semi-Confirmed)

Other - The Prodigy or Sex Pistols

Put The Cribs and Biffy Clyro on the Other Stage 3rd from last on Friday and Saturday and i'll be a happy bunny :D

Depeche Mode's press officer has confirmed that they will not be playing Glasto. DM will on tour in europe & have concerts on Thursday aswell as Saturday.

Just a story put out to whip up some publicity for the new album :smt048

I saw that just after i'd posted...d'oh! Would be nice for them to play anyway, haven't seen them before and they would suit Glasto! :(

He's just been announced as headliner for Sunday night of the Isle of Wight festival. Doesn't seem to have gone down too well.

Well, I won't go and watch him if he does play. Tbh if Eavis does want to attract a younger crowd to Glastonbury, he'll have to do better than Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen. However, i'd prefer to have them rather than the headliners that every festival seems to have (Muse, Kings of Leon, The Killers) because at least there's a bit of originality in the lineup.

Neil Young at IOW though...don't think that was a good choice. Glastonbury, yes. Isle of Wight, no. He seems like much more of a Glastonbury kind of act, could even play the veteran's slot on Sunday I suppose. He doesn't suit IOW, I mean, one of the headliners for the other nights is The Prodigy. If that's not chalk and cheese, I don't know what is.

I saw that just after i'd posted...d'oh! Would be nice for them to play anyway, haven't seen them before and they would suit Glasto! :(

Best live band i have seem & agreed they would go down a storm :D

They are playing the O2 in May (sold out) but will be coming back to play smaller venues later in year (Wembley Arena, NEC etc. I expect)

• 2 months later...
http://www.nme.com/news/glastonbury/45167

F*ck :(

On a lighter note, who is everyone looking forward to the most? I can't wait to see Blur, one of my favourite bands ever and I haven't seen them before. Looking forward to Madness and The Maccabees too, both should be great fun.

Seen Blur at Glasto before, headlining sat night, so will probably miss them. Looking forward to The Rakes, Neil Young, Pete Doherty (yeah yeah, shut up), Jamie T, Cold war kids... gonna be a good un

There are some major clashes going on with my Glasto plan this year!

The Specials/Jamie T

Blur/The Prodigy

Kasabian/Pendulum

Lily Allen/Jack Penate

Esser/Spinal Tap

This will be a tricky time for me. Most of us will be on-site this time in 2 weeks! :D

Startled last year by the surprisingly large number of people walking around with tents and bags on friday morning looking for a place to camp. The fools. I will personally be leaving at 5am on Thursday morning to get there in good time and explore the new areas of the site. Didn't actually go to The Park area last year, so will have to check that out, along with the new Green area or whatever it's called.

The park is great but a long walk uphill, the green is where the Leftfield tent used to be on the way up to the acoustic tent. I will be on site next saturday to set up the caravan and then returning sunday to stay until the 30th. I'm being led to believe i'll have interweb access this year so i'll post some photos so you can see how nice the site is before all you ****s turn up:D

The park is great but a long walk uphill, the green is where the Leftfield tent used to be on the way up to the acoustic tent. I will be on site next saturday to set up the caravan and then returning sunday to stay until the 30th. I'm being led to believe i'll have interweb access this year so i'll post some photos so you can see how nice the site is before all you ****s turn up:D

I always appreciate the pics each year.

Mikey, if I were you go on Wednesday night. You'll have enough time even if you work that day because it stays light so late. I get there about 8pm every year, never queue for parking and can camp wherever you like.

This is true Junction, I would certainly beat the crowds, but I have never really had problems with getting a decent parking spot and camping spot when i've gone on Thursday in previous years. Will bear it in mind though, would be a lot nicer to get a decent spot rather than having to walk a few extra minutes to get to where I want to go!

Swanny, thanks for the tips. I've heard about the trek getting to The Park, but the lineup this year for that stage is pretty decent so i'm afraid i'll have to do it sometime :(

Didn't know that they changed the Leftfield area into the Green area, I assumed it was a new area in the 'expanded' site. Will give that a look in too. Definately go to check out Shangri La v2.0 as well, it was pretty good fun last year and it was packed on Thursday, so you may well see me down there!

This time in 2 weeks Rolf Harris will be playing on the Jazz World stage! Woooo!

I can't believe the Leftfield has gone, gutted about that. Only found out by reading this.

It's pretty much the same sort of bands that played in the Leftfield tent mixed and combined with the QUeen's head, it opens Thursday and the lineup look good. Have a look at the Official Glasto Facebook or website it's got maps and the line-ups.

It's pretty much the same sort of bands that played in the Leftfield tent mixed and combined with the QUeen's head, it opens Thursday and the lineup look good. Have a look at the Official Glasto Facebook or website it's got maps and the line-ups.

I did have a look. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Haven't really liked the Queens head since it arrived, the Leftfield crowd always seemed much better.

I thought it was shame they took away the Crown which was by the Jazz world stage a few years ago. Had a top afternoon in there once.

We'll caravan is packed, battery charged, shower working, mucho booze overload :D and i'm taking it down on Saturday afternoon, i'll try and take some decent photos so you know what to expect.

FAO Glastonbury Virgins!

All you need to take is money, wellies, baby wet wipes, comfort clothes spray and deodorant;)

I know this is a bit premature, but apparently for next year's festival (the 40th anniversary) the Eavis' are planning to book acts from every year of the festival. Who do you think the headliners will be? My money's on Coldplay, Radiohead and The Rolling Stones headlining Pyramid, with Sex Pistols, Pet Shop Boys and R.E.M playing the Other stage.

Really excited about the festival now, only a few more days! :D

Just back from the site after dropping off the accomodation ;), without wanting to tempt fate it's currently dry and covered with acres of lush green grass:D The atmosphere on site is currently chilled and relaxed which i've not experienced at this stage before, so hopefully thumbs up it will remain so. There appears to be quite alot of change around where i camp/caravan (I market) with the Leftfield tent having moved about 50-75M towards the Jazz World stage and a new meeting place/village green having appeared in its place, it also looked like a new stage has appeared in the field behind (down the hill from the Acoustic Stage towards the Circus Area/Big Skate Ramp) no other info at present. I'll try and use my iphone to send messages, photos and any gossip i hear, but to all those going have a great time.

New stage (Queen's Head) and Village Green where Leftfield Tent used to be,

dsc00754ybm.th.jpg"]dsc00754ybm.th.jpg[/url]dsc00755d.th.jpg"]dsc00755d.th.jpg[/url]dsc00756q.th.jpg"]dsc00756q.th.jpg[/url]dsc00758bvy.th.jpg"]dsc00758bvy.th.jpg[/url]