Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

Draino76

My boy is gonna love this! Sonic, Golden Axe 1,2&3. Streets of Rage!

Very impressed with the paralax scrolling in Shinobi III. (The over 25s should know what I'm on about.)

About 18 months ago, I managed to find Streets of Rage Reboot (or something), which is basically a mash up of SOR2 and 3 for the PC. Absolutely brilliant fun and brought back great memories.

This looks like it: http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

Edited by Danny

Yeah Toe Jam and Ear was quality.

Some great games on this disc,

Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle

Alien Storm

Altered Beast

Beyond Oasis

Bonanza Bros.

Columns

Comix Zone

Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head

Dr. Robotnik's MBM

Dynamite Headdy

Ecco The Dolphin

Ecco II: The Tides Of Time

E-Swat

Fatal Labyrinth

Flicky

Gain Ground

Golden Axe I

Golden Axe II

Golden Axe III

Kid Chameleon

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star III: Generations Of Doom

Phantasy Star IV: The End Of The Millennium

Ristar

Shining In The Darkness

Shining Force

Shining Force 2

Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic And Knuckles

Sonic Spinball

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Streets Of Rage

Streets Of Rage 2

Streets Of Rage 3

Super Thunder Blade

Vectorman

Vectorman 2

Never played Golden Axe 3, never even knew it was made! I have heard there are more games that are hidden and have to be unlocked as achivements by finishing certain games.

Alien Storm was quality too.

Man were getting old :(

I've bought it.

Not liking the fact that the games are boxed in on screen. Why not just use up the whole of the tv instead of having a background?

Although the collection has got the Story of Thor on it. A game in the mould of Zelda on the SNES. Well worth it.

That does sound pretty crap, i'd imagine it can be a bit distracting as well.

Fatal Labrynth was a simple and plain fun dungeon crawler....I have a MD emulator for my phone (Picodrive) and re-living it (and have a MD in the loft somewhere).

Anyone remember:

James Pond: Robocod?

Desert Strike/Jungle Strike/Urban Strike?

F22 Interceptor?

Abrahams Battle Tank?

1942?

Mercs?

688 Attack Sub?

Castle Of Illusion?

Micro Machines?

Bubsy the Bobcat?

Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP 2?

Road Rash?

And I think Streets Of Rage 2 was the best of the bunch. :D

Damn it, I'm going in the loft this afternoon!

There are loads of megadrive emulators out there to download for free, they're nearly all called sega genesis emulators as this was the american name. You can also download just about every game there was.

I went through a bit of megadrive nostalgia a couple of years ago and downloaded a few. You get bored quickly though, and it was hard to play speedball 2 on a keyboard.

I've bought it.

Not liking the fact that the games are boxed in on screen. Why not just use up the whole of the tv instead of having a background?

Although the collection has got the Story of Thor on it. A game in the mould of Zelda on the SNES. Well worth it.

When in a game go to video options, then you can adjust to go to widescreen, and even smooth out those chunky pixels.

Fatal Labrynth was a simple and plain fun dungeon crawler....I have a MD emulator for my phone (Picodrive) and re-living it (and have a MD in the loft somewhere).

Anyone remember:

James Pond: Robocod?

Desert Strike/Jungle Strike/Urban Strike?

F22 Interceptor?

Abrahams Battle Tank?

1942?

Mercs?

688 Attack Sub?

Castle Of Illusion?

Micro Machines?

Bubsy the Bobcat?

Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP 2?

Road Rash?

And I think Streets Of Rage 2 was the best of the bunch. :D

Damn it, I'm going in the loft this afternoon!

James pond 2 was seriously strange and trippy. I can still remmber the music now! Road rash was dam hard (well it seemed that way to me). Bubsy was good though. Did anyone play tazmania and Aladdin? Aladdin was a quality game (START ABBA ABBA was the level skip cheat.) Also had a soft spot for micro machines but thaty was a bastard of a game.

When in a game go to video options, then you can adjust to go to widescreen, and even smooth out those chunky pixels.

Aye I did think the boxed game screen was rubbish and thought Sega wouldn't be that silly. Hadn't bothered looked at set up options TBH but will change it now!

James pond 2 was seriously strange and trippy. I can still remmber the music now! Road rash was dam hard (well it seemed that way to me). Bubsy was good though. Did anyone play tazmania and Aladdin? Aladdin was a quality game (START ABBA ABBA was the level skip cheat.) Also had a soft spot for micro machines but thaty was a bastard of a game.

Yep, and all the other cartoon tie-ins too, like:

Quackshot with Donald Duck

Mickey Through the Ages

Fantasia

Earthworm Jim

Ren and Stimpey, Stimpey's Great Invention

Bart vs The Space Mutants

Krustys Super Fun House

D!ck Tracy

and the legendary World Cup Italia'90, and the Fifa series. I think the last one to come out on the MD was either Fifa 96 or 97, I'm sure I have 95 somewhere. I've certainly got Fifa 96 on the Saturn....2D sprite players in a 3D stadium, and Motty saying ''EA Sports presents, Virtual Stadium Soccer'' before every match.... :D

Edited by gaz