The 'Official' Everton v Portsmouth Thread

PES

......................Jamo

...........Kaboul.....Sol........Sylvain

GJ..............................................A. Traore

..............Papa...Diarra...Sean

................Defoe......Crouch

WINGBACKS!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

Are these threads going to be happening every week?

No I'm sorry mate. I'm on holiday 13th Sept to 20th Sept, so unfortunately I wont be able to create the threads for the Boro game or the European fixture against Vitoria. I know I'm a let down. Maybe someone else can do it in my absence (Mack rill)?

:( :( :(

No I'm sorry mate. I'm on holiday 13th Sept to 20th Sept, so unfortunately I wont be able to create the threads for the Boro game or the European fixture against Vitoria. I know I'm a let down. Maybe someone else can do it in my absence (Mack rill)?

I shall muddle through somehow.

PES what are the odds of Pompey finishing 5th with the bookies,any idea?

I fancy them to do so.

I bet on that last year and got my fingers burnt. I think we'll finish about 10th. I am a little concerned over the effects of the credit crunch on our spending power? Some clubs will be effected, others wont, I'm not sure what catagory Pompey will fit in? Ironically I think these next few years will suit SFC, looks like old Rupes has cut his cloth accordingly and I sincerely expect to see 'orrible SFC prosper over the next 2-5 years. Which I don't mind (well maybe a litle bit?), s'long as it's not at the expence of lovely Pompey.

Anyway Nick, my advice would be keep your money in your pocket. To many distractions this year for a 5th place finish, my tips Villa. Though my wife now informs me she's stuck a fiver on Pompey to finish 5th at 7/1.

I bet on that last year and got my fingers burnt. I think we'll finish about 10th. I am a little concerned over the effects of the credit crunch on our spending power? Some clubs will be effected, others wont, I'm not sure what catagory Pompey will fit in? Ironically I think these next few years will suit SFC, looks like old Rupes has cut his cloth accordingly and I sincerely expect to see 'orrible SFC prosper over the next 2-5 years. Which I don't mind (well maybe a litle bit?), s'long as it's not at the expence of lovely Pompey.

Anyway Nick, my advice would be keep your money in your pocket. To many distractions this year for a 5th place finish, my tips Villa. Though my wife now informs me she's stuck a fiver on Pompey to finish 5th at 7/1.

Who have you drawn then?

PES' date=' any chance you will be going to the away leg in the UEFA cup game?[/quote']

No, my missus is a Teacher and cant go, so i'm not going. I am going to all home ties (except the first one on the 18th Sept as I'm on holiday!) To be honest I can't think of anything worse than going out to a foreign country with 3000 ****ed up Pompey oafs, call me a snob (I know, people like me are all thats wrong with modern football etc) but........ :)

Pompey won't get 5th place, the problem they've got is they are still struggling to find the right system to play both Crouch and Defoe. Last season they attacked from midfield, leaving one upfront, where as now they are trying to play all sorts of formations. They'll be in the top 10, I'll give them that, but I think they'll end up behind Villa, City, Yids (once they get buying) Newcastle, Boro' and Sunderland...

Pompey won't get 5th place,.....They'll be in the top 10, I'll give them that, but I think they'll end up behind Villa, City, Yids (once they get buying) Newcastle, Boro' and Sunderland...

Sorry to ba a pedant, but that list would put us outside the top 10. ;) Think we'll finish above Newcastle and Boro, but would agree with most of what yo've written. :)

So am I. :o

Please tell me you're not going to Portugal. :confused:

never a truer word said on this forum...

My wife and I drove out to Cologne to sample the World cup atmosphere during WC2006. England fans were great, Germans really friendly, real carnival atmosphere. Walked up the steeple of Cologne Cathedral, nearly collapsed before reaching the top. When we got back down and exited the cathedral, about 20 pompey fans had draped a massive POMPEY 657 flag across the monument in the cathedral Plaza and were climbing all over it and shouting stuff at Germans as they walked past. I had my Pompey top on and got spotted, this prompted a chorus of 'Play up pompey', of course, I acknowledged them, but I was so embarressed. Pompey fans are the worst 'Little Englanders' you'll ever come across, other than that I never saw any 'disrespect' tween English and Germans.

Edited by PES

I dont mind Pompey supporters on a saints forum, more fool you I guess, however find it slightly annoying when you create match day threads.

A bit of banter between the clubs is not a bad thing, but if I wanted to follow a match day thread for pompey (not that I ever would) I would just join their online website.

I find it quite sad you paid a fiver to join your 'closest rivals' fan site in the first place, so unless you're trying to get a rise by starting the thread in which case thats even sadder, I fail to see why you are doing it?

From the rest of your contributions (non football ones) to this thread you seem like a sane normal person so why start Skate matchday threads? Just do it on the Pompey forum where you can chat to other skates for the 90 minutes.

I dont mind Pompey supporters on a saints forum, more fool you I guess, however find it slightly annoying when you create match day threads.

I'm sorry but surely there are more 'deserving' targets for your annoyance?

A bit of banter between the clubs is not a bad thing, but if I wanted to follow a match day thread for pompey (not that I ever would) I would just join their online website.

I am a member of many Pompey websites, I want a different perspective.

I find it quite sad you paid a fiver to join your 'closest rivals' fan site in the first place, so unless you're trying to get a rise by starting the thread in which case thats even sadder, I fail to see why you are doing it?

Not to get a rise, but to generate a bit of banter, some Saints fans like to take the **** and after our 4-0 mauling at the hands of Chelsea the 'Official' thread was quite rightly, full of it.

From the rest of your contributions (non football ones) to this thread you seem like a sane normal person

Why thank you INS!

so why start Skate matchday threads? Just do it on the Pompey forum where you can chat to other skates for the 90 minutes.

Because I don't want to talk to other 'Skates', I want to talk to you!

:D:D

My wife and I drove out to Cologne to sample the World cup atmosphere during WC2006. England fans were great, Germans really friendly, real carnival atmosphere. Walked up the steeple of Cologne Cathedral, nearly collapsed before reaching the top. When we got back down and exited the cathedral, about 20 pompey fans had draped a massive POMPEY 657 flag across the monument in the cathedral Plaza and were climbing all over it and shouting stuff at Germans as they walked past. I had my Pompey top on and got spotted, this prompted a chorus of 'Play up pompey', of course, I acknowledged them, but I was so embarressed. Pompey fans are the worst 'Little Englanders' you'll ever come across, other than that I never saw any 'disrespect' tween English and Germans.

You seem OK (ish) for a Skate. This has made me feel all confused.

You seem OK (ish) for a Skate. This has made me feel all confused.

Thanks Junction! But why'd you think i wouldn't be ok? I bet there are loads of Pompey fans you'd get along swimmingly with. I got a few Saints supporting mates, when it comes to football we just take the **** out of each other. Saints has got a neanderthal element, you know it has, it's just that Pompey has a larger element that revels in it's pig ignorance and seem to like to take every opportunity to show people just how f****** retarded they are, again, despite reports eminating out of Southampton, thats not the majority of Pompey fans. :)

Thanks Junction! But why'd you think i wouldn't be ok? I bet there are loads of Pompey fans you'd get along swimmingly with. I got a few Saints supporting mates, when it comes to football we just take the **** out of each other. Saints has got a neanderthal element, you know it has, it's just that Pompey has a larger element that revels in it's pig ignorance and seem to like to take every opportunity to show people just how f****** retarded they are, again, despite reports eminating out of Southampton, thats not the majority of Pompey fans. :)

We are both Fareham lads so it seems. I went the right way and you didn't.

Them's the breaks.;)

Where is that arse Corp anyway?

He hasnt been mentioned on here since the changeover. Please do not do so again as he will only thinkhe has been missed and will pollute this board again.He thinks he has some sort of celebrity status on here.Let him be well in our past.

He hasnt been mentioned on here since the changeover. Please do not do so again as he will only thinkhe has been missed and will pollute this board again.He thinks he has some sort of celebrity status on here.Let him be well in our past.

To be honest Nick, whilst Corp and SRS spats and ongoing quests to 'pwn' each other tended to drag on abit, it did provide some amusement at times. :D

To be honest Nick, whilst Corp and SRS spats and ongoing quests to 'pwn' each other tended to drag on abit, it did provide some amusement at times. :D
Not for me. That person and Alpine are from the same stable and would never be surprised if they were 1 and the same person

Not for me. That person and Alpine are from the same stable and would never be surprised if they were 1 and the same person

I think the 'principled' stand against paying a fiver will surely be coming to an end soon. Surely you could not previously post as often as SRS and Corp did and not be missing the forum like mad, otherwise why post so frequently in the first place? :confused: