Michael Jackson - This Is It!

SNSUN

So he's live at the O2 in July. Are you of the opinion that it's a waste of time and money to see an aging kiddy fiddler strut his stuff on stage, or of the opinion that this is the last chance to see one of the greatest musicians of the 20th century perform?

My missus reckons we should try to get tickets so that one day we can say, we saw him live. With all this registering for pre-sale and cost etc I'm not sure I can be arsed.

What do you reckon?

It will not be his last live performance at all though. He will keep doing the circuits now for years. I can remember when Take That came back and everyone was told it will be a one off just to help sell their tour. It was a sales ploy. He will make a new album and then tour again afterwards.

I hope his nose falls off when hitting a high note.

I will be doing whatever it takes to get a ticket for one of the nights, I have been to all 3 tours since 1987. What annoys me is plastic fans like you and you missus who just want to go for the chance to say 'we have seen him'. It is wrong, plastic fans should not be allowed to purchase a ticket imho, leave them for the real fans like myself. It should be like the FA Cup run imho with purchase history attached to new ticket purchase.

What annoys me is plastic fans like you and you missus who just want to go for the chance to say 'we have seen him'.

Can I point out ther irony of criticising 'plastic' michael jackson fans ;)

a) put him in direct sunlight and his face would warp.

b) he's re-embracing his blackness, now that the country has a black president. if that isn't the height of being plastic, what is?

I will be doing whatever it takes to get a ticket for one of the nights, I have been to all 3 tours since 1987. What annoys me is plastic fans like you and you missus who just want to go for the chance to say 'we have seen him'. It is wrong, plastic fans should not be allowed to purchase a ticket imho, leave them for the real fans like myself. It should be like the FA Cup run imho with purchase history attached to new ticket purchase.

Christ, what is it with MJ that spawns these creepy obsessive fans? Or are you on a cleverly veiled windup?

Edited by LVSaint

Strange how the Jackson fans still see fit to profess their admiration of the child molester, yet Glitter fans are a little thin on the ground:confused: Does Jackson's long departed talent excuse his paedophilia? Should vocal fans still be allowed to vote/drive/drink/have children/be allowed out in public as they essentially have declared themselves mentally unstable?

Good God Jill, you dont half post before thinking...

Now, I could understand if you felt the same about a small band, or a overlooked long term musical group/artist... but Jacko? So how come you are not a plastic fan? Were you outside the court room when he was found not guilty? Did you release some white doves? Did you see his first gigs as a solo artist? Did you offer him a place to kip when he was touring the UK the first time?

Cripes. He hasn't done anything decent since the 'Bad' album anyway. Since then he's been ****. Who could prove purchase history anyway? Stop trying to be more Jackson-than-thou. It's hardly a badge of honour.

IF only "Real Fans" were allowed to buy tickets he wouldn't sell very many :D

I will be getting as many tickets as possible and flogging them on ebay, should go for 3 times the face value.

Easy money for a few minutes work!

I think there's some sort of 'register' you need to be on in order to qualify for a Jacko ticket.

I think there's some sort of 'register' you need to be on in order to qualify for a Jacko ticket.

You have to try and register if you want the pre-sale tickets (tomorrow) otherwise they go on general slae at 7am on friday.

Stu's idea is something i may already have in mind....