Suggestion/Request

hamster

I have read elsewhere that it is possible to make 'easy money' by taking up the introductory offers from various betting websites.

Obviously it is up to individuals to weigh up the risks involved in gambling at any level, and it is always about knowing when to quit, but does anyone know the basics of doing it?

Are you talking about the basics of gambling or the basics of the free bet offers...

if free bets then , The basics are....generally.

The bookies will match your initial bet with a free bet to the same value.

ie. You bet £50, you get a £50 free bet.

But, this isn't free money, it can't be withdrawn. So if your free bet loses, you get nothing.

Are you talking about the basics of gambling or the basics of the free bet offers...

But, this isn't free money, it can't be withdrawn. So if your free bet loses, you get nothing.

And if you win you merely get the profit...

With Paddypower I won £250 through some pitchside competion last year.

Got £250 in my account, and like you said, couldn't be withdrawn. Put it all on Utd to win a game (Odds were ****e but think they were playing Derby or someone) They won, got £260 in my account and was able to withdraw it all.

Assuming you win, of course ;)

Well losing something you never had in the first place is still better than a kick in the b::llocks though i reckon...

Losing the bet you made to get the free bet...then losing the free bet...theh losing the shirt off your back due to a gambling addiction bought on by the lure of free bets...that would probably be worse than a kick in the b::llocks...

Hamster, do you mean matched betting? Using your "free" money to cover what you are trading on a site like Betfair?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6068

Have a read on here and follow the links.

Thankk you Pancake.

Also dug this out of my bookmarks http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=325861 sounds like more or less the same thing and apparently, if done sensibly and rigidly, does reap a profit. I may have a play later, just need to find the right events to bet on.